1. Collapse Details
    Key West Race Parking
    Been to the Keys before but not during race week. Will be driving a dually from Ramrod Key where we have a house for the week staying with friends. Planned on going down at least Friday for last 2 races, sunset and Duvall St Parade. Then have to drive back to the house. Ugg

Suggestions on parking and where to watch from?
    Thanks
    Mark

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Ryan Beckley's Avatar
    Pay to go watch the races at the Truman Annex
    Ryan Beckley

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I agree with Ryan, pay to get in and watch from the Outer Mole. They will come by close and there is vending etc there. Plus you can go through the pits and chat with the teams. And, with Binoculars or a long lens, see almost the entire course, minus the Harbor turn.

However, the far corner of Zachary Park is good to watch the turns 1 and 2 corners, plus the straight in between. Usually the roughest part of the course and with the most catch-your-breath action. And downtown by the bight is good to watch the Harbor turn, but it's hard to see the harbor turn from most locations on Mallory Square.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...8nGHLoek&hl=en
    Last edited by Ratickle; 10-29-2016 at 10:13 AM.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From Ramrod down should only be 45 minutes or so. Parking a dually is gonna be the toughest part I think.

Bobcat??????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

I'm good with paying to get in pits. Parking there included? May be able to get in our friends rental car if it's not an econobox as there are 5 of us. Thanks for the replies so far!
    Mark

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lucky devil View Post
    Thanks. It says small trucks. Maybe if we can all squeeze in the rental car.

8. Collapse Details

Mole rocks...bring Your own Beer/refreshments...$15 to get in...Parking is probably another $10...Plenty to eat and drink if You don't want to bring Your own...A bit of a walk to the Sunset/boat display(16 minutes)

not sure how long You can leave a vehicle after the races are over....If You have Blue Oval $$$ go to the Pier House

I'll be there Wednesday/Friday/Sunday ...probably with Charlie/Sonic 31....
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

Registered
    Whatever you do don't try to get there on time or you will be sitting in traffic. Can never be too early. I believe you can buy VIP passes from SBI website which gets you stadium seating and catered eats right at start/finish line. Bobcat and I are poor folks and enjoy good company. Just look for an overweight concrete guy, a gray haired tall guy with his 6' tall blonde daughter and I'll buy you a round.

10. Collapse Details

Drink slow and rotate a few diet cokes in. It is a cool spot to watch from. The trip down three years ago was nice setting on the dock in the public park with a six PAC of beer. The homeless guys hanging with us made me a little nervous. I didn't have enough beer to share with them.

11. Collapse Details

Sorry we never got to drink a beer with Charlie. It is very difficult when you have 6 people wanting to go 6 different directions. Staying on the back side of the island was a set back also. Three years ago at the B&B close to downtown was awesome. Biked everywhere and had no taxi charges or waits.

12. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5170.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	335.3 KB 
ID:	81826I think this was Wednesday last year. I had the orange shirt on.

13. Collapse Details

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    Sorry we never got to drink a beer with Charlie. It is very difficult when you have 6 people wanting to go 6 different directions. Staying on the back side of the island was a set back also. Three years ago at the B&B close to downtown was awesome. Biked everywhere and had no taxi charges or waits.
    It'll happen. Trying to talk the wife into a trip north for the BT run someday.