Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Damn hippie!!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    What a little beyotch. Some people just don't appreciate a dam thing. He gives and gives and gives and it's all without obligation. Then she appoints herself freaking family spokesperson? What? She wasn't listening and learned nothing from him. What an ingrate. Can you imagine squandering that blessing and taking it so for granted?

Obviously not a blood relative to Warren Buffet. Too much stupid in the DNA.
    My opinion - this could not be more off the mark.

I commend her for having the balls to speak up (and out). Anybody who thinks being related to a guy like this really doesn't have MAJOR drawbacks really doesn't understand the dynamics of being involved in an ultra-wealthy family. People who are involved with these famalies go through their entire lives wondering if their friends are their friends for the right reasons - and this touches every part of their life.

Imagine having to deal with all the pitfalls of being a celebrity, but having none of the benefits (ie/freedom of choice that money brings)...I can assure you it is not easy or enjoyable.

Again, I commend her for speaking her own mind and sharing her opinions. The easy thing would have been to sit back and hope some greenbacks would have fallen her way.

At the very least, she loosened the old codger's wallet up for other grandchildren - which surely would not have happened if she did not speak out. And yes, it is definitely shut up money from Warren.

She has 2 jobs and is 100% self-reliant. In all the interviews, I have never heard her complain about not getting $ from the family...interesting nobody here picked up on that.

All she is guilty of is sharing what life is like living the ultimate paradox, and I have no problem with that.

Some "perfect" people here need to check their wealth-hater-levels...
    THROWBACK

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bootdaddy View Post
    She has 2 jobs and is 100% self-reliant. In all the interviews, I have never heard her complain about not getting $ from the family...interesting nobody here picked up on that.

I did. I read the article yesterday on yahoo but just opened this thread now. My comment yesterday after reading the article was I guess I shouldnt begrudge my family quite as much ..... and ... not that I would ever ask anybody on here for help ..... it was kinda nice thinkin that somebody here would be willing if need be. Shot that down in flames huh ....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl3 View Post
    I did. I read the article yesterday on yahoo but just opened this thread now. My comment yesterday after reading the article was I guess I shouldnt begrudge my family quite as much ..... and ... not that I would ever ask anybody on here for help ..... it was kinda nice thinkin that somebody here would be willing if need be. Shot that down in flames huh ....
    Funny - when I read the arcticle I hear gratefulness for what she has recieved and desire for family unity. When she does mention the money she mentions it as a way to create for and help others...

Not sure I understand your post, but good for you for not begrudging your family...as much.
    THROWBACK

5. Collapse Details

This beotch (and everyone else) is responsible for their own life. She has a rich grandfather. So what? Go live your life beotch!
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

6. Collapse Details

I commend her for having the balls to speak up (and out). Anybody who thinks being related to a guy like this really doesn't have MAJOR drawbacks really doesn't understand the dynamics of being involved in an ultra-wealthy family. People who are involved with these famalies go through their entire lives wondering if their friends are their friends for the right reasons - and this touches every part of their life.

Imagine having to deal with all the pitfalls of being a celebrity, but having none of the benefits (ie/freedom of choice that money brings)...I can assure you it is not easy or enjoyable.

Again, I commend her for speaking her own mind and sharing her opinions. The easy thing would have been to sit back and hope some greenbacks would have fallen her way.

At the very least, she loosened the old codger's wallet up for other grandchildren - which surely would not have happened if she did not speak out. And yes, it is definitely shut up money from Warren.

All she is guilty of is sharing what life is like living the ultimate paradox, and I have no problem with that.

You are probably most qualified to speak to this issue. You bring some unique insight to the table.

She struck me the wrong way, but I of course bring my own fiercly independent baggage to the equation.
    My current pet peeve is people who take things for granted and expect somebody else to be responsible for them.
    Not hating wealthy people for being wealthy.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

7. Collapse Details

"money is the spoke in his wheel of life."
    I remembed that one without going back to look.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

8. Collapse Details

"money is the spoke in his wheel of life."
    I remembed that one without going back to look.
    It's a great line and very memorable.

While I am not always successful at it, I always try to walk a mile in other people's shoes before judging them...so that I am a mile away and I have their shoes when I do judge them!!! Another memorable line!
    THROWBACK

9. Collapse Details

While I am not always successful at it, I always try to walk a mile in other people's shoes before judging them...so that I am a mile away and I have their shoes when I do judge them!!! Another memorable line!
    This is why you are in good shape and have so many shoes.

So what about the Jimmy Buffet one... how far off the mark was that one?

10. Collapse Details

This is why you are in good shape and have so many shoes.

So what about the Jimmy Buffet one... how far off the mark was that one?
    More like Bob Marley

Bob while I some what agree with you, she must have know how feircly private her grandfather was. She must have known that he would not aprove, that is why she did not tell him. She also said that she wishes that she had the money so that she did not have to worry any more about things.... I have seen all sides of this stuff through the families that I work for. The parents have to be super involved to keep the heads on the kids. I have one customer that is extreamly wealthy and the kids are all the nicest most grounded kids you will ever see. I have another that had to move out of town/state because the kid is so screwed up that he has been busted for stealing and drugs.... Another customer that has a daughter hooked on drugs that says she is never moving out of the house because she has it so good at home. It takes all kinds and honestly I just have to look at the parents to see were it all went wrong or correct.

11. Collapse Details

Not sure I understand your post, but good for you for not begrudging your family...as much.

The story just hits close to home for me ... I guess I dont understand why they think asking somebody who is supposed to love you and has more money than ... well ... anybody .. for a cheap couch or some other semi necessity makes her a stupid biotch or ungrateful or .. whatever else name they said. So she talked about what it was like when she was growing up... Doesnt sound like she lied about it ... just explained it when she was asked...

and Fund ... quit using my adjectives

12. Collapse Details

I agree with you. She seems grateful to me. I don't think she should have aired family business though. You guys should see my Sister's kids. They were raised (by their bum fathers) to believe they would inherit my parent's money. Boy are they wrong! I've always told my parents to spend it all while they can - they earned it!

13. Collapse Details

Dawn - since when do you ask for things? You, like me, generally prefer to earn them or your family offers. From what I know of you, you don't generally ask for a whole lot of help.

Yes the girl was only asking for a futon when she lived off campus, but did she have to live off of campus? were her bills paid for when she was on campus and it was her choice to move?

I don't understand why she wouldn't have told Warren that she was doing the interview but she thought to tell her father. If I did something like that for any family member, especially one that I knew was extremely private, I would give them the curtosy of telling them first.

I understand that she isn't complaining in the interview but it seems like she's stating that she's 100% self sufficient, like it's something to be particularly proud of. That is was the vast majority of adults are. It's what you should do. Maybe I got something else out of the interview than you did boot.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Racegirl3 View Post
    and Fund ... quit using my adjectives
    I don't know which ones they are. I want my own adjectives dammit. My own fiercely independent ones.

15. Collapse Details

What is interesting is how much people brought their own "baggage" to this issue. Not meaning baggage in a bad way, necessarily.

16. Collapse Details

Good points phragle but for some reason I'm sure I've hit worse back in the day.

My current pet peeve is people who take things for granted and expect somebody else to be responsible for them.
    Wonder what percent of a percentage of kids get a 6 figure education from their Gramps.

I think this thread took the tone it did because the way it was presented by the OP. Using the word "Cheapsake" made me think she was ungrateful for what she was given without really focusing on what she was actually saying.

I'd still hit it just to say I crushed off Warren's grand daughter by marriage or whatever she is

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    I think this thread took the tone it did because the way it was presented by the OP. Using the word "Cheapsake" made me think she was ungrateful for what she was given without really focusing on what she was actually saying.
    Yeah, it's not that I am really harsh. It's the tone set by the original poster. See Patrick? I am not a wealth hater!!

Having said that... if I ever catch my stepdaughter on Oprah telling my stories... she is getting cut off also.

18. Collapse Details

Another heads up. A couple of years ago, 'ole Warren might have been chopped to shreds now for his statements back a few years ago. But since he was 120% right, things have changed. Warren's a pretty basic guy, and one that believes in character and hard work.

Too bad the country couldn't have hired him on for a few dollars to run it.

19. Collapse Details

Too bad the country couldn't have hired him on for a few dollars to run it.[/QUOTE]

No Doubt...