1. Collapse Details
    ok...who want to be the first to tell me Im a freaking idiot...
    Ok, who is going to be the first to tell me "Rob's a fuking idiot" ?? go ahead, feel free, I deserve it.

So before boyne I put 280 k planes and pumps on the boat. Wired them all up and thought "I should fuse these since they are running 10 gauge straight off the battery switch" So I run an inline 30 amp blade fuse to the first pump then daisychain the second pump. While I bleeding them it pops the fuse. Not good I think, so I redo all the wiring with brand new stuff instead of wire that was kicking around the garage and replace the fuse with a 40 amp. they bleed fine, but halfway to charlevoix we blow the fuse and lose tabs.

After I get home, Jimbo (mobilemercman) tells me each pump is supposed to have a big merc 90 amp fuse. A single 40 amp fuse for both tabs just isnt going to do it.

I dig around in the garage and find 1 merc fuse, look them up online and they arent cheap. So I think "breakers" search the interwebz for a couple days nd find trick waterproof resettable 100 amp breakers so I order 2.

Forever goes by, today I find breakers in the mailbox. I climb in the bilge, go to unhook the main + from the pumps and guess what....

Both pumps have the damn merc fuses in place already. All I had to do was cut my cheesy (no offense 3B) little fuse holder out, crimp on an end and tighten them down.

My great make it better idea to fix something that wasnt broken cost me 4 freaking weeks.... for a fix that took less then 10 minutes.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Yeah. They have fuses already. But you are not an idiot and everybody is entitled to a brain fart.

I started pumping 93 octane in my diesel truck last week and had a gallon in before it dawned on me. Like you, it worked out in the end (pumped it all out anyway), but still. The ones that nobody dies from are the ok ones...

And you still aren't an idiot.

3. Collapse Details

Om the brighter side...I believe I will be trying out a labbed 24 4 blade tomorrow. hows your stuff running??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That's a pretty good one Rob. It makes me smile when someone does a brain fart worthy of some of mine.

But I'm older so my list is probably a lot longer......

As for the gas in a diesel, they should outlaw all green pump handle covers unless they are on a diesel. One of my sisters friend's has filled up twice with gas in a BP station in her diesel.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Charter Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    That's a pretty good one Rob. It makes me smile when someone does a brain fart worthy of some of mine.

But I'm older so my list is probably a lot longer......

As for the gas in a diesel, they should outlaw all green pump handle covers unless they are on a diesel. One of my sisters friend's has filled up twice with gas in a BP station in her diesel.
    Yep, wife my did it twice in our Dodge Ram. I bought her an Acadia and told her to stay out of my trucks.

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    A law like that would be common sense. Obviously our politicians are severely lacking in that department, so it probably won't happen.

7. Collapse Details

The two fuses were better idea than none at all...
    I have created a set up or two like that and had things go bad
    Oops

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Om the brighter side...I believe I will be trying out a labbed 24 4 blade tomorrow. hows your stuff running??
    Good. Running excellent. Last time out I came home with about a quart of oil in the bilge. I think I have traced it down to a couple fittings near the oil filter bracket on the SB side. I need to crawl in there and do some tightening. Crawled in with a light and can't find any other "wet" spots.

How'd the prop work?

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    How the hell did you fit in there to check???????