The team of Geico-sponsored racing watercraft will appear together for the first time during the July 4 weekend at the Sarasota Powerboat Grand Prix event.

The flagship vessel is the 50-foot Miss Geico Victory, which is seeking its ninth offshore racing world championship during the 2016 race season. The catamaran is made of carbon, Kevlar and S-glass for high performance. The boat sports a pair of 1650 Race sterndrive engines producing 3,300 hp and top speeds of 200 mph.

On the water, Miss Geico is under the control of driver Marc Granet and throttleman Scott Begovich, who have been working together since the team was formed in 2004.

Joining the catamaran in Sarasota will be a 31-foot P1 Panther SuperStock race boat.

Rounding out the fleet is Geico-sponsored jet skier Jason Russo. Russo will compete in his hometown of Sarasota in the P1 AquaX Pro Class against the best racers in the world. Sarasota is the fourth race in an eight-race series that culminates in November.

“I am looking forward to racing in my hometown, and I can’t wait to compete on my Geico ski in front of my family and friends, along with the other Geico watercraft,” Russo said in a statement.

http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/2016/0...florida-event/