After successfully running the Cowes Classic powerboat event in 2014 and 2015, Dorian Griffith has passed the baton over to Martin Levi for 2016.

Martin, the son of Sonny Levi, the high performance racing and leisure boats design genius, will work from his Cowes home ‘The Prospect’ with his wife Laura, the British Powerboat Racing Club (BPRC) Director and Secretary.

Speaking about his stint as Event Director, Dorian has commented:

“It has been a fantastic couple of years, I’m proud that we have re-introduced the traditional Royal Yacht Squadron start, brought the Cowes Poole Cowes race back and put a sustainable financial model in place for future years”.

Martin has this week said:

“The 2016 Cowes Torquay Cowes race could be the best for many years.

“We already know of some amazing boats being rigged with the intention of capturing the Beaverbrook Trophy.

“I thank Dorian for his tireless work over the last couple of years and look forward to welcoming him and his BlastOff Racing Team to Cowes on September the 4th’.

Martin added:

“I can confirm that the BPRC will be running 2 traditional Offshore races, the Cowes Torquay Cowes and the Cowes Poole Cowes with the usual social functions that make this historic event so very special”.

http://www.islandecho.co.uk/news/new...powerboat-race