Good afternoon!

The countdown is on! The weather looks pretty good (Considering what we have dealt with in the past here and in Oshkosh, too!)! It looks like we have a great group of boaters this year including several new ones and I cannot wait to meet you all! Brian & I are headed out soon so wanted to pass along just a few notes going in to the weekend:

• Reminder: If you can come in tonight or tomorrow I strongly encourage you to do so. With all of the events this weekend traffic will be horrendous on the lake front and after about 9a on Saturday those towing a boat may not be able to access the Milwaukee Yacht Club nor McKinley Marina as the Sheriffs' department will be monitoring that on Lake Front Drive. The Air and Water Show begins at 10a and they don't want people congesting the waterway.

• When we leave on Saturday for Port Washington we will need to navigate a 1200 yd x 4800 yd safety zone on the water., with the southern boundary being McKinley Marina. This will force us to head south then east before heading north. The Coast Guard has been in contact with me and it alerting his authorities on the water that we will be coming through the north gap around 10:30am on Saturday. He recommends contacting them on channel 16 for final instructions when we leave.

• Registration: I will be on the side of the MYC by the channel tomorrow beginning at 4p to start the registration process and will keep it open until 8p. It's painless and quick! I will gladly take your money and in return allow you to draw 5 cards for a poker hand, with the top 3 hands taking a slice of the pie at the end of the night. If you are not able to join us tomorrow I will happily take your money Saturday but you will not be eligible for a card hand nor the 50/50 raffle. Remember, all monies go to Make A Wish so open up your pockets this weekend!

• All stops are optional and I want you to go where you feel safe! I prefer to keep us as a group as much as possible but I understand things come up. I encourage you to stay with the group, make some new friends, and enjoy an amazing day on Lake Michigan and the river system in downtown Milwaukee.

This will be the last time you hear from me before the run so please call/text/email with anything!! Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!

Shannon

920-215-2155 Lake Michigan Fun Run