1. Collapse Details
    3rd Annual Lake Michigan Fun Run, 7/24-7/25, Milwaukee
    Good afternoon!

The 3rd Annual Lake Michigan Fun Run commences at the Milwaukee Yacht Club on Friday, July 24th, with registration beginning at 4pm on the patio by the tiki bar. There is a TON going on in Milwaukee this weekend: Germanfest, Brew Fest, Milwaukee Air & Water Show, our event, so please read this entire email and take note! I want everyone to have a fun and enjoyable weekend!:

LAUNCHING AND SLIPS:

When you arrive you will launch at McKinley Marina, 1750 N Lincoln Memorial Dr, Milwaukee, which is on a first-come, first-served basis. They have 640 slips there and they are almost full so be prepared to wait! If you were lucky enough to get a slip there go in a check in with them for your assignment. There are still slips with power available for boats 35' and below. Call 414-273-5224 to make RSVP. Prices vary according to boat size. More information can be found on their website.

Upon arriving at the Milwaukee Yacht Club (if coming by boat) tie off on the wall in the channel by the fuel. There is about 150' of space and rafting off may be necessary. There is shore power and overnight slipping is allowed but not everyone will have power if you have to raft. If coming by car for the festivities, park in the visitors section and come around the side towards the tiki bar. You'll find me there doing registration. If you launch and park at the MYC for the night use the county lot next to the MYC. It is lit and has 400 sq. ft. of space for trucks and trailers.

TRAFFIC AND CLOSURES:

Traffic on the lakefront will be slow and limited on Saturday morning because of the air show. The Sheriff will be monitoring traffic and if you are not coming to the lake front for an event and are not designated as such your access may be restricted. I recommend arriving Friday if you are able. If you cannot come until Saturday then I would come as early as possible, before 8am.

There is construction, some road closures, and the potential for very slow-moving traffic next weekend. I recommend that you exit on Good Hope Road and head west, turning south on Lake Front Drive to get to the MYC. This will be a 2 lane road with stop lights but you will avoid the chaos on the lake front.

HOTELS:

Because of all the events happening this weekend I was not able to reserve a block of rooms anywhere. Here is a list of hotels in the vicinity. You will need to call for pricing and availability.

SCHEDULE & ROUTE:

9:30am - Full breakfast menu available at MYC followed by the mandatory driver's meeting, 10:30am depart to Port Washington (snacks/lunch), Reef Point Marina in Racine, then downtown Milwaukee on the river system where we will stop at several locations, including Twisted Fisherman for dinner/snacks should you choose. Reminder: Because this is a fun run and a fundraiser for the Make A Wish Foundation of WI, all of the proceeds benefit this amazing charity and meals are not included.

Due to an unknown cause that is currently being addressed, registrations have NOT been coming through to me. IF YOU HAVE REGISTERED AND NOT RECEIVED AN EMAIL CONFIRMATION FROM ME THEN I DO NOT HAVE IT and I am asking that you resubmit it. If you have NOT REGISTERED yet, then what are you waiting for?!?! Registration is $50/person (cash or check made out to Make A Wish) and you will draw one poker hand. Top 3 hands will get a portion of the pot (TBD by number of participants) and the remainder will go to Make A Wish. Raffles and 50/50 will also be available.

Looking forward to seeing you all this weekend! As always, please call, email, text with any questions!

Shannon

920-215-2155

2. Collapse Details

Pretty good selection for them...

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The best way to miss the traffic, put your boat in the water in Michigan and drive across the lake.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    3rd Annual Lake Michigan Four Horsemen Fun Run at the Milwaukee Yacht Club on July 24-25, 2015!

Registration is $50 per person and proceeds will benefit the:

Make-A-Wish Foundation of Wisconsin!

Friday - July 24th
    4 pm - Registration at the Milwaukee Yacht Club.
    Cocktail party at the Milwaukee Yacht Club - drive-up docking available.

Saturday - July 25th
    9 am - Breakfast and Captain's meeting at the Milwaukee Yacht Club.
    10 am - Start your engines! Depart from Milwaukee Yacht Club.
    1st stop: Port Washington - 26 miles, snacks/lunch
    2nd stop: Racine - Reef Point Marina - 27 miles
    3rd stop: Milwaukee River - Barnacle Buds, Mikwaukee Sail Loft, Twisted Fisherman, Harp Irish Pub, River House

Due to the high traffic this weekend with other events; Brew Fest, Germanfest, Milwaukee Air
    and Water Show, slips are sold out at all locations. Overnight parking for boats, trucks, and trailers,
    is available in the county lot across from McKinley Marina as well as in the channel at MYC.

Docking available at McKinley Marina or Milwaukee Yacht Club.
    Call the Milwaukee Yacht Club and reference the Fun Run to make slip reservations.
    http://milwaukeeyc.com/

Call - 920-215-2155 | Email - Shannon@Mediaone7.com