Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I went shooting for the first time about a month ago. I figured I would suk but apparently I don't..

First gun was a 38 revolver, 5 for 5 in the 5X circle.. Round 2, a 22, 5 for 5. Round 3, 9mil, 5 for 5. All shots were from about 20 yards. Last of the hand-guns was a 55 caliber, single shooter... Holy crap, that thing has some kick!!!! I blew apart the targets sternum.. lol

Next it was off to the riffles and various targets about 75 yards. In structor started asking me again if I ever shot a gun, he didn't believe me.... Then I moved over to the AR-15, that thing is sick!!!!

Lastly went over to the skeet shooting.. I went 9 of 10. The first 5 were all in the same direction, 5 for 5. The second 5 were random and the instructor told me I missed one of the easy ones.

So that was my day at the gun range. After that my friends were pretty pissed off because they didnt' shoot so well... lol...

2. Collapse Details

I have and carry both of these. The Kahr CW.45 A.C.P. and the Kahr PM .40 S&W I like them both. Light weight and very reliable. Those are two of my favorites for carry weapons. Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_PA_cw4543.jpg   img_PA_pm4043.jpg  
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

3. Collapse Details

Thanks for the input, just looking to pick up something reliable and fairly priced for the "starter" pistol. Keep the info coming. Bill

4. Collapse Details

If you want a good starter pistol then my suggestions would be Sig. or HK. You will not get hurt with the value of the gun and they are extreamly well made. If you are going to carry often then do a lot of research and testing of different guns. If you are only going to carry once in a while then I would go revolver with the shaved hammer. Something like the S&W model 4XX guns. They even make the light weight guns that are fantastic. Don't discount a .22 as well. They are fun to shoot because they are cheap to shoot and can be extreamly accurate. When you can buy a box of that stuff for 20 bucks or a box of my Dan Wesson custom rounds for about 2.50 each. Some of this stuff can make your boat CHEAP!!! Lets just say you can get into a FFratelli Rizzini for about a cool 250,000 bucks.

5. Collapse Details

Very true. No place is the phrase "you get what you pay for" any truer than with firearms. There are some values out there but there are no giveaways.

6. Collapse Details

Finally had a chance to shoot my 44 Desert Eagle the other day. Oh yea!! Got to LOVE America.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gerritm View Post
    Besides the Ruger, I have an HK Usp Tactical 40. Very good shooting semi with adjustable sights and the abilitiy to add a noise suppressor. I have a Muzzle brake on mine and it seems to tame some of the recoil for a second shot. Very accurate and never jams. I probably have a couple of thousand rounds thru it.
    Stick a Capital City Vortex flash suppressor on your tac, you will like it.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by oklaoutlaw View Post
    Finally had a chance to shoot my 44 Desert Eagle the other day. Oh yea!! Got to LOVE America.
    You mean Isrial

9. Collapse Details

Good Point

10. Collapse Details

My personal carry is either a Colt Mustang 380 when its warm enough to go without a jacket or vest in a small of the back holster, and when it's cool enough I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 II in a inside the pants holster made by High Noon.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
    Thanks for the input, just looking to pick up something reliable and fairly priced for the "starter" pistol. Keep the info coming. Bill
    Look into the S&W "J" Frame .38's. Around the $400.00 mark and you won't find a more reliable, fair priced handgun. Dave
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: Jesus Christ and the
    American Military. One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Slick02 View Post
    My personal carry is either a Colt Mustang 380 when its warm enough to go without a jacket or vest in a small of the back holster, and when it's cool enough I carry a Kimber Ultra 10 II in a inside the pants holster made by High Noon.
    Luv my pocketlite

13. Collapse Details

You do get what you pay for in firearms. I have a Bersa .380, and probably have less than 1000 rounds thru it. Have not kept track of misfires/jams, but I would bet close to 20. My 1911 45ACP has proven very reliable with minimal jams (especially after I had some smithing done to it. But I saved the BEST for last. My 9mm Taurus (Old style that is NOT a drop hammer safety) probably has between 8000 & 9000 rounds thru it and has only had 2 MISFIRES! Both happened the same day in single digit temps. Other than that, it's been PERFECT!

I have also had/heard of very reliable results with the S&W and the Sig, in both 9 & 10mm.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Stick a Capital City Vortex flash suppressor on your tac, you will like it.
    I went to their website and couldn't get it to work. I have a muzzle brake from Autoburst. They also make a flash supressor, when I spoke to them they said the brake works better and does more for the accuracy of the gun. I have fired about 100 rounds with the brake and it does take some of the recoil out and the gun is very accurate. I think the suppressor looks better. Here is a link to Autoburst. They have some cool stuff. Very nice quality.

http://www.autoburst.net/USP45.html

15. Collapse Details

The CCP website seems to be down, their Vortex looks a lot like the Autoburst Vortex accpet CCP has a twist in the notches.

16. Collapse Details

XD - out of the box accuracy that doesn't quit!

CZ 40B - also very reliable and true.

They are the two that i like to shoot with
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P2160863.JPG   PB240782.jpg  

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    Luv my pocketlite

Great little concealment piece, its a shame Colt discontinued it. One of the most comfortable carries I own.
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wardey View Post
    I have and carry both of these. The Kahr CW.45 A.C.P. and the Kahr PM .40 S&W I like them both. Light weight and very reliable. Those are two of my favorites for carry weapons. Dave

The Kahr 45 acp looks alot like the Taurus PT145 that I've got as a "disposable gun"....Sounds ugly,,doesn't it?
    The more I know about people, the more I like my dogs

19. Collapse Details

Anyone with experience with STI? Took the wife shopping for a CCW 9mm, and she liked this best of all. She also like the walther(same as her 380), but she said the STI just felt right.