Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

I thought that the Peter Rittmaster 1969 Master Moppie was sold to Ronny Bonelli to be become Mr Charly.

Mr Charly then became the Tim Powell American / Canadian Moppie after that it became Moppie and then Mcqueen Jeans.

When McQueen Jeans was old by my dad there was no paperwork history as such as I lost it after taking it to school.

It was converted to a cruiser by my dad which involved removing all the fuel tanks, cockpit layout and part of the decking and a flying bridge was added.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You have pics of the conversion? Sure like to see some.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mcqueen Jeans.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	22.6 KB 
ID:	85581

I sent the link to my dad last night, he was doubtful if it was American Moppie.

Although anything can be modified, the deck looked to be cut much further forward than he had done, there was an escape hatch he added in the deck which wasn't shown.

He also couldn't tell from the photo if the outdrive legs were still fitted.

He did say the way to check was lift the floorboards just forward of were the old cockpit was as he had to cut a section out of the wooden glass fibre coated keel approx. 2 inches deep by approx. 2 foot long, again that could be put back to original but it would be seen.

I will get some pictures from my parents with the modifications and post then.
    Last edited by Brian Stott; 07-25-2018 at 04:40 AM.