This past Saturday, a forum was held in Fort Lauderdale to discuss boat building, in regards to offshore racing in the 1960's.

Brownie, Harry Schoell, Michael Peters, Richie Powers, Sammy James, John Conners, Bobby Saccenti and myself, were invited to sit down with the editor of Professional Boat Builder Magazine and Nick VanHoff who recently restored the old 31 foot Bertram, White Tornado.

Unfortunately Bobby was still working on a boat that was scheduled for delivery and could not make it. I had planned to be there, but just lost a very close friend who had suffered through cancer for more than a year and was attending his funeral, so my son was invited in my place.

From what I have heard about the forum, it was both lively and very informative. It was filmed and recorded the edited copy of the forum will be available to the public at some point in the future.

Amazing what these guys did with fiberglass and automobile engines, in such a short space of time that changed offshore boating forever. I can't wait to get my copy of the film.