Thread: Props for 46

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by splashandburn View Post
    Pretty sure the cams were just stock cams. I dont think much was done to these motors previously. They were in pretty bad shape.
    How many hours have you put on it? Ed Champion told me when it was for sale that the power was being rebuilt and would be fresh. At least it will be right now!!

2. Collapse Details

I put 100 hours on it. They might have been "rebuilt" but not very well. There were mismatched pistons, a chunk missing out of one block and the oil pump pick up was only held on with a piece of wire on one motor. I'm guessing whoever built them reused the same rings cause the compression shouldn't have dropped off as far as it did with just 100 hours. New motor build dynos @ 640 hp before the Prochargers so we'll see what they do with the Prochargers. Should be dynoed later this month.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by splashandburn View Post
    I put 100 hours on it. They might have been "rebuilt" but not very well. There were mismatched pistons, a chunk missing out of one block and the oil pump pick up was only held on with a piece of wire on one motor. I'm guessing whoever built them reused the same rings cause the compression shouldn't have dropped off as far as it did with just 100 hours. New motor build dynos @ 640 hp before the Prochargers so we'll see what they do with the Prochargers. Should be dynoed later this month.
    Glad to hear about those new mills!!!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    So a complete engine rebuild with existing rings. Must be a new Obamacare engine shop.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

First off , Sax-Cooler is on a date with a thick thigh hottie. I've got a set of 088 head 555cid motors headed to the dyno. Pro/System carbs among some goodies from derebery in TX. Not gonna out run a skater but may it drink one or at least cut it in half

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Naturally aspirated?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by endeavor1 View Post
    First off , Sax-Cooler is on a date with a thick thigh hottie. I've got a set of 088 head 555cid motors headed to the dyno. Pro/System carbs among some goodies from derebery in TX. Not gonna out run a skater but may it drink one or at least cut it in half
    OMG, she was hot, but not hot (when I turned the lights on). Picks nsfw