1. Collapse Details
    What is the coolest thing you ever done with your boat?
    Many year ago I took a good friend of mines son out for a boat ride he was about 21 years old but due to some very strong situations with juvenile diabetes he looked like he was 12 and had also lost his site . While we were out we got stopped by the marine patrol for an inspection . There the Deputy saw that the young man was blind . He bid us a good day and we went on to cruise the chain of lakes. We went around for a while and then I thought it was time to put this young man behind the wheel . He had not driven since the loss of his site . We went around and he got the hang of it well . I guided him with hand signals on his shoulders , I even got him to do some speed runs .
    Ahead I saw the marine patrol and I guided the young man to speed up to go right and then left to correct. We increased speed till we were well above 80mph , we passed the deputy and I waved the boys white cain as this young man was ripping passed the marine patrol at over 80 mph . The deputy looked shocked but he did not make chase . The young man and I rode some more and when we got back to the dock there the deputy was waiting . He looked at me strange for a while then I said do not just sit their help me carry my boy back to the truck. The young man was exsausted as his health was failing due to his strong diabetes. The deputy helped me carry the young guy to the truck and on the way back to the boat he said “ I thought to give you a ticket but if you showed up in court I do not know that I could explain that a blind boy passed me driving a boat over 80 mph”. The Deputy was quiet the rest of the walk till he got back in his boat . He said “ that was pretty cool but don’t do it again”… That’s the coolest thing I ever done in a boat. I taught a blind kid to drive a boat over 80 mph. That young man carried that experience with him for only a few more years till he was laid to rest . I am glad that I and my boat was able to give him that experiemce .

2. Collapse Details

Great story

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Yep, that is a pretty cool story. Sorry they couldn't find a way to cure him....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Are there any more cool stories ,

5. Collapse Details

Can't top that, but I did take my neighbors out to do a distribution of her mom's ashes in the lake.