Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Long Duck Dong aka LDD / Steve Thomas / Extreme Remarketing
    Hopefully a google search will reveal the title of this thread. Buyer be the judge!
    http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...duck-dong.html
    (long thread worth the reading)

http://forum.ih8mud.com/merchandise-...ed-time-6.html

http://www.extremeremarketing.com/

1) LDD and buyer strike a deal on the boat

2) LDD draws up a contract that favor HIS interests much more then the buyer.

3) Buyer sees that the boat was damaged at the ramp while launching as was the trailer

3a) LDD did not tell prostock about any of the damages, prostock read about the damage and saw the damages in pictures posted on Boatfreaks AFTER he had send the 14k

4) Buyer asks for a survey from LDD and never gets it. LDD assures him that it was sent but never does.

5) Buyer gets cold feet because LDD is not providing the requested information.

6) The final payment is not sent on time (or ever)
    ------>The buyer was able to contact LDD the day AFTER the contract was up (Saturday) and tried to talk to him about the issues and LDD told him to call him back on Monday. LDD told him that it was fathersday weekend or something like that and they could talk on Monday.

7) LDD talks to the buyer 3 days after the final payment was due and LDD tells him to pound sand even though the buyer offers to wire the balance that day.

8) LDD puts the boat up for sale again on ebay. He waites for the auction to end how ever many days later and accepts a little over 17K for the boat that he sold the original buyer for almost 30K

8a) LDD listed the boat on ebay, made a side deal with a guy for 18k, screwed him out of that as well and sold it off ebay to an unkown guy for $20,600

9) LDD never offers to send the difference of the sale price back to buyer untill much later when he is confronted by others.

10) The confusing part is that it seems that the Ebay buyers did not buy the boat either and there are other people that got screwed out of the boat.

11) Buyer seemingly is going to take the lesson learned and vanish into obscurity and not go after LDD as he does not have the means to bring the suit.

12) Buyer in cassuall conversation with other board memebers tells the story and the other members get involved.

13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.

14) New thread is up and we are finding out that LDD scammed others on the boat, deal gone bad with Joker, speaker deal gone bad.......

2. Collapse Details
    Thumbs down
    Give me a break and let it rest , this issue should be addressed in court by a judge because there are two sides to every story and why drag this $HIT from OSO to boat freaks to here , besides most people are tired of hearing about it and it seems like you have an ax to grind . I came to this site hoping that it would be fresh and all the other bull$hit would be put to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::rant:

3. Collapse Details

I heard something interesting yesterday- in reference to the governor of Illinois. I believe it was the Illinois attorney general, who was petitioning the state supreme court to have him removed from office. Essentially "Innocent until proven guilty is a nice concept, but when you have them on tape admitting the act, it's pretty clear what needs to be done".

Steve described in great detail the deal he was involved in and I don't believe anyone agreed with his actions on keeping any funds beyond the initial deposit. There's also the issue about his dealings with Joker that were well documented and the thread that surfaced on the 4WD site where he took funds but didn't deliver and stopped returning calls. adn instances in private conversations with people close to the SO family where he flat-out lied.

This site was founded on the principle that any and all were welcome here regardless of past behavior elsewhere- except for those who are known to have committed dishonest acts. So far, things that have been issues on other boards have not happened here- and I believe it's a better place as a result. In the case of Steve, AKA Long Duck Dong, the Board had significant discussions and a vote regarding his presence here and we determined as a group that his actions constituted a situation where he was not welcome here.

As far as other sites, OSO has left the debate up for all to see and make their own decision. BF deletes all threads in reference to the issue. My personal viewpoint is that an informed individual can look at what's there- in Steve's own words- and decide for themselves prior to doing business with him.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Give me a break and let it rest , this issue should be addressed in court by a judge because there are two sides to every story and why drag this $HIT from OSO to boat freaks to here , besides most people are tired of hearing about it and it seems like you have an ax to grind . I came to this site hoping that it would be fresh and all the other bull$hit would be put to sleep !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rant::rant:
    As I said "buyer be the judge". Not me .... not you... the buyer period. Google is a great research tool and with luck this post may surface. Unless Chris, Brian or any of the founding members have a problem with this I'll delete it. OR if LDD does the right thing this thread will be deleted as well.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    BF deletes all threads in reference to the issue.
    Let's not turn this in to a site vs site issue. The more places the situation is posted the better off it is for all boaters. It was agreed upon after this went public to have all the threads on BF deleted except one which had a link to the thread on OSO to keep all the info in one place...

From page 22 on the LDD thread on OSO:

Quote Originally Posted by Zone 5 View Post
    Gentlemen,

for those of you that don't know, I am the Admin of Boatfreaks. I feel that I need to clear up a few misconceptions about what has been going on here with reference to our board.

1. To Prostock. I hope that you worded the above quoted post wrong, because BF's had NOTHING to do with your dealing with LDD. Is he a member and poster there? Yes. same as he is here. But Boatfreaks had nothing to do with this boat deal, good bad or otherwise.

2. To Laken. Believe me, LDD is not being "protected" on Boatfreaks. I requested that people not start a similar thread on BF's to this one here that has more than 400 posts.

Why did I request that a thread on BF's not be started? The reason is, that I have been involved with this matter since before there was even a thread on OSO. Anthony (Nordic 95) and I have been in constant contact over the last week or so about this deal. I have also been in contact with LDD over the same time frame about this deal. In the beginning, it looked like there was a possibility of a settlement, which would have ended this before it began. We know now that did not happen. We are also aware now, that the lawyers are involved in this, and it is going to go forward from there. As I and just about everyone that has posted on this thread are NOT lawyers, none of us are qualified to make legal judgments on this deal.

As far as the moral issues involved, I've made my personal opinion clear to Anthony and LDD that I think the deal was wrong, and that the money should not have been kept.

With that being said, I would ask that you respect the members of Boatfreaks, and not start posts and threads there about this issue.

To make sure that our members are aware of this situation, I have done a thread on Boatfreaks referencing this with a link to this thread. That way they can read it if they wish to, and form their own opinions.

If anyone wishes to contact me on this, I can be PM'ed or emailed through Boatfreaks.

Thanks!

Zone 5
    Administrator
    www.boatfreaks.org

BoatFreaks has some of the most liberal posting rules, if some thing starts getting "dirty" the posters are warned before the thread is shut down and/or split in to another thread moved the the playground, etc. You can't delete post after 15 minutes so what is posted stays. In this instance one would have to wonder if that rules was not in place if the pics of the dock rash, LDD"s photo's and lifestyle, etc would still be available (of which PS thanked BF for).

6. Collapse Details
    No more BS posts
    Please… let’s not have SOS contaminated with all the BS.
    Have those two idiots work it out themselves, or in court. No reason to have a bunch of posts here also.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

7. Collapse Details

I think Cig's intentions was to let the google searches pull up all of his scamming.

8. Collapse Details

I agree we don't need to duplicate or rehash the story. But what's out there is out there. Knowing about it harms no one.

There is no site-vs-site here. I wish them all well and the best of luck in what they do. I was unaware there was a statement posted over there.

9. Collapse Details

I think we have our own niche' here and I see no contest between the sites. This site will continue to grow by providing great customer service to it's members. People can already tell we're personal , and very well managed.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    I agree we don't need to duplicate or rehash the story. But what's out there is out there. Knowing about it harms no one.

There is no site-vs-site here. I wish them all well and the best of luck in what they do. I was unaware there was a statement posted over there.
    +1

Cig did a good job in the original post linking the original thread. I think it is great to have a thread here just as it is great to have one on BF, SW, S&F, etc, however as you stated- no reason to re-hash the the whole story. The more that know, the more that know.

I didn't mean to imply anyone stirring the pot in a site vs site pissing contest. It seems that is the way most of these threads go so was trying to catch it before the it went down that road. I posted Zone 5's quote to get the right info out there as BF is/was not protecting anyone and was involved in trying to settle the situation before it even hit the level reached.

Just trying to share why what was being done where to clear the air.

As a Charter Member and Original Inaugural SOS Poker Runner it is my duty to provide pertinent information when I can; the rest (and most) of it will be my normal BS.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cig1988 View Post
    As I said "buyer be the judge". Not me .... not you... the buyer period. Google is a great research tool and with luck this post may surface. Unless Chris, Brian or any of the founding members have a problem with this I'll delete it. OR if LDD does the right thing this thread will be deleted as well.
    Wow with all the Boating Topics to pick from to start a thread about and this is all you could muster up

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails asslick.gif  

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    # sides to every story
    Easy there BIG Daddy dont get flustered , what did i tell ya bout mixin your meds with Alcohol

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by THEJOKER View Post
    People can already tell we're personal , and very well managed.
    Umm, Yeah, Umm, Sure...
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
    who cares on a forum board?......its the internet....I dont care what anyone on here thinks about me personally, morally, or any other way....

Quote Originally Posted by long duck dong View Post
    As I said before and I will say it again, this is the internet my man. My reputation on this board is shot and it really doesnt bother me what you people think about me, my business, or my boat.....

This pretty much sums up the entire thread.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA View Post
    This pretty much sums up the entire thread.
    You've got that right.

I've had the opportunity to meet in person many of the people I know from this board.
    Got the chance to sit down and break bread.
    And everyone of them has looked me straight in the eye without a blink.
    Several more of you are on the list of people to meet up with.

At least Steve is being honest about who/how he is.
    Not invited to my table.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

16. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    # sides to every story
    Easy there BIG Daddy dont get flustered , what did i tell ya bout mixin your meds with Alcohol

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Doc i just cant help myself Dillaudid / Vicodin and a very dry Manhatten , yeah baby

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by PARADOX View Post
    Please… let’s not have SOS contaminated with all the BS.
    Have those two idiots work it out themselves, or in court. No reason to have a bunch of posts here also.
    Totally agree...Please no negativity at all on this thread as this is for information purposes only.

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by runninhotracing View Post
    Wow with all the Boating Topics to pick from to start a thread about and this is all you could muster up

ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    It's an information super highway nation..Rock on big daddy!

19. Collapse Details

I can't believe we're still talking about this......

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Switzer It View Post
    I can't believe we're still talking about this......

still talking about this......[/
    Now thats Funny Dont leave em much else to do when dont eat Puzzy and no more wood LMAO

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!