Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    At the risk of B'n soooooooooooooooo simple w/ this thought, here ya go, don't read threads on the LDD!!!!!?????
    I agree. If you don't like what you are reading then just don't read it to begin with.

Threads like this should stay at the top. There are guys over on that Ih8mud forum that he screwed too. And all the shiftyness of switching eBay names, more than likely from negative feedback, is just plain shady too. This is just the info that we know about and I'm sure there is plenty more we don't.

People that act like LDD really piss me off. It seems his talent is the ability to screw people and justify it with no problem while duping people into thinking he's a nice guy. The reality is people like LDD are out to get people like me.

2. Collapse Details

why hasn't someone just beat his azz.....just beat some smarts into him....after a beat down he will be less likely to have this sort of business practice in the future....thare are always consequences to ones actions....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by boatme View Post
    Been through something similar and all I can tell you is the lawyers will pull each others chains for a long long time without resolving this

You need to literally burn your lawyer’s ears back to resolve this

Stay on him and TELL HIM what you expect otherwise you are just one in 20 other cases he has to work on Hold him accountable as to “when will we serve him? What date” “what is next and when will we do that” then follow up with him on the time frame he promised you

I can guarantee this will drag on a long time as very few attorneys have any interest in a quick resolve. They have adapted to the philosophy that “It takes time” and figure you will wait on them when they get around to it

I agree 100%.......went through this with my parents estate.....my "not rock the boat" brother was the executor......this lawyer f'd around and f'd for so long (better part of a year)it made me crazy and this after he told all of us in his office after a preliminary check of the assets it would take 2-3 months max......
    I finally got fed up, went to his office (lucky he wasnt out golfing) and told him right to his face that he "was not performing" and if I had anything to do with it he would be fired and at the very least I want a rollback in fee's as a penalty for delivering a service seven months late just like if I as a contractor would be expected to do if I promised you a new furnace and A/C and delivered it 7 mos late!!....the guys eyes went as big as saucers it was priceless.......

I asked the guy specifically what was the problem......he says "oh were waiting on some account statements from a couple of banks that your father had assets in.....weve sent them letters and they havnt replied"......."thats what youve been waiting for, for almost a year!!!!???? did you phone them?" I asked? "we will send them another letter"....... I said "another LETTER????......skip it I'll take care of it".......well one bank is less than a half a mile from his office and the other bank is 2 miles away........

long story short after I made a personal visit to both banks lit a fire under thier azzes and tore a strip off both Bank managers I had all the reqd documents in my hand in 2 days and a week and a half later we had the settlement from the lawyer with money left in a trust to cover any future tax issues......we had to go to his office to sign and witness the payout cheques and that lawyer never once looked me in the eye.......my sister who could really use the money was almost in tears

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Nordic95 View Post
    The lawyer claims he just did a favor and made a phone call to us but now he will have to contact LDD to collect a retainer before he can reply.So we are giving some time and if we have no response then we can file with the court.I thought we could just file with the court on day one but our lawyer advised us that giving more than adequate time to resolve the situation on his own after legal council has be retained would look better for us in the judges eyes.Does this sound right to you guys?
    Run, don't walk, run from this clown. This sounds like the worst, most incompetent attorney to ever hang a shingle. By acting in a professional capacity as a representative of a party in a dispute, it's not a favor. Whether or not he charges you for it is another story. As far as looking good to the judge, that's nonsense. The case on its face is hilarious. LDD has no legal basis to have done what he did- that's enough.

5. Collapse Details

First off guys Steve is an acquaintance and just because i know the man dosent mean i walk his path and i do not need to be thrown to the wolves because of it !! Hey guys i work hard for a living just like most of you do and with that in mind i do not need or want to get involved with all this $hit slinging and my participation on this thread is done ,man you guy's are a ruff bunch .

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    First off guys Steve is an acquaintance and just because i know the man dosent mean i walk his path and i do not need to be thrown to the wolves because of it !! Hey guys i work hard for a living just like most of you do and with that in mind i do not need or want to get involved with all this $hit slinging and my participation on this thread is done ,man you guy's are a ruff bunch .
    Your defending and saying he is a nice guy when everybody else is calling him trash makes you suspect. As stated earlier you do not need to read any of this if it offends you but if you continue to support him be ready for members to question why.

Zone5 on BF is now letting the dogs out to feed on LLD so it looks like his last home away from home is coming to an end.

7. Collapse Details

Artie,

First, I don't believe anyone here is, as you term, $hit slinging. That wouldn't be tolerated here.

LDD/Steve openly admitted in his own writing that he took a deposit, then additional funds and then when the buyer attempted to pay in full he declined, citing that "the contract had expired". Then, after the entire boating community essentially told him he was headed the wrong way, he told them to f-off. I fail to see how making others aware of this pattern of behavior is $hit slinging.

Then you post...

hey guys i personally know the man and think he is a stand up guy :
    If I were to tell you someone I knew was a stand-up guy, that would be my endorsement of that person. That would be me saying "I trust him and I believe you should too." If someone were to post that Fred Cecil or Big Scotty were stand-up guys, I would only assume they would be getting some heat as well. If you choose to step in and defend LDD, despite the fact that literally hundreds of people, after hearing the situation, have opined that he was dead wrong in his actions, I think one would have to expect some heat.

The offshore boating world has for many years been a magnet to crooks and scam artists. It's just recently we've had a tool such as these boards to utilize in protecting ourselves. I think that's a good thing.

We like having you here Artie. Your technical contributions are quite valuable. But alot of people are choosing to disagree with your take on Steve. As a fairly outspoken individual, I have also been in the position of disagreement with, at times, a majority of people on a particular topic. When I think my position is right, I'm ready to take the heat and take the shots. And I don't take it personally.

8. Collapse Details

Easy BIG Daddy a few Vicodins and a shot of Patron and check back in an hour

ROCK ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ITS A SKATER NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Collapse Details

Here's a friendly piece of advice Ginger, you very well might be a great person with good intentions and a positive attitude. but you never want to step between Alpha Types and a person who has screwed them for money. No referee will walk from that battle unscathed.

The purpose of this site is a sense of community that offers like-minded ears to bend and a family atmosophere that will protect and defend the good spirit and interests of it's bretheren. In this case, someone has committed a legal and ethical wrong-doing, admitted it and shows no signs of remorse or concession.

We will not ask forgiveness for our comments or anger and merely respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. But LDD will have his 'moment of clarity' in due time. He will likely serve jail time for his ethics and practices in the future (for something much worse than this accusation) where Tiny will introduce him to the largest fudge-packer this side of Harlem. And as his cellmate climbs off him, he will have the spiritual moment where he realizes several hundred people across this country are delighted he has a new "wide stance".

It's also possible he could sea-trial one of his con-boats, stop at a popular spot, get recognized by one of our more esteemed, aggressive Alpha-types and be the unwilling recipient of an SOS personality correction procedure.

You have to ask yourself, do I really have a vested interest is lying with this pig and getting blood on my zebra outfit? Or shall Istep aside and not let him taint your image too?

BTW, I am not issuoing a threat, just rubbing my magic 8-Ball and reading the future.

10. Collapse Details

I wonder who got suckered into buying LDD's Fountain, I'd love to know if the new owner was told about the damage.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by laughingcat View Post
    here's a friendly piece of advice ginger, you very well might be a great person with good intentions and a positive attitude. But you never want to step between alpha types and a person who has screwed them for money. No referee will walk from that battle unscathed.

The purpose of this site is a sense of community that offers like-minded ears to bend and a family atmosophere that will protect and defend the good spirit and interests of it's bretheren. In this case, someone has committed a legal and ethical wrong-doing, admitted it and shows no signs of remorse or concession.

We will not ask forgiveness for our comments or anger and merely respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. But ldd will have his 'moment of clarity' in due time. He will likely serve jail time for his ethics and practices in the future (for something much worse than this accusation) where tiny will introduce him to the largest fudge-packer this side of harlem. And as his cellmate climbs off him, he will have the spiritual moment where he realizes several hundred people across this country are delighted he has a new "wide stance".

It's also possible he could sea-trial one of his con-boats, stop at a popular spot, get recognized by one of our more esteemed, aggressive alpha-types and be the unwilling recipient of an sos personality correction procedure.

You have to ask yourself, do i really have a vested interest is lying with this pig and getting blood on my zebra outfit? Or shall istep aside and not let him taint your image too?

Btw, i am not issuoing a threat, just rubbing my magic 8-ball and reading the future.

well said

12. Collapse Details

must you talk about rubbing your balls in public??
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    Just cuz U were do'n that all night at the Cleveland boat show Bubba!!!!!!

14. Collapse Details

well, I didn't have a new floaty keychain to play with...

15. Collapse Details

well, I didn't have a new floaty keychain to play with...
    Well, ok then!!!!

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingCat View Post
    Here's a friendly piece of advice Ginger, you very well might be a great person with good intentions and a positive attitude. but you never want to step between Alpha Types and a person who has screwed them for money. No referee will walk from that battle unscathed.

We will not ask forgiveness for our comments or anger and merely respect the fact that you are entitled to your own opinion. But LDD will have his 'moment of clarity' in due time. He will likely serve jail time for his ethics and practices in the future (for something much worse than this accusation) where Tiny will introduce him to the largest fudge-packer this side of Harlem. And as his cellmate climbs off him, he will have the spiritual moment where he realizes several hundred people across this country are delighted he has a new "wide stance".

It's also possible he could sea-trial one of his con-boats, stop at a popular spot, get recognized by one of our more esteemed, aggressive Alpha-types and be the unwilling recipient of an SOS personality correction procedure.

You have to ask yourself, do I really have a vested interest is lying with this pig and getting blood on my zebra outfit? Or shall Istep aside and not let him taint your image too?

BTW, I am not issuoing a threat, just rubbing my magic 8-Ball and reading the future.
    Oh Man-- I'm sitting on a conf call trying to hold it in!!! Thats toooo much :nopity:

17. Collapse Details

The only thing big about them is how I talk 'em up.

18. Collapse Details

well said....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

19. Collapse Details

" a moment of clarity " - indeed; just what's required to get some folks to stand back and take a hard look at what's really going on. Nicely summarized Mr.Cat. - Jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

20. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Punch4g.gif   punch_face.gif   badattitude5.gif