Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

I see his new job as sales manager for hideaway marine pays well enough to get a new boat.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Went over and checked, didn't see anything inflammatory yet.
    Dunno, I'd think people owed money to them would find this inflammatory.

The naysayers are the ones that sold it really...Thanks Guys!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Went over and checked, didn't see anything inflammatory yet.
    From reading all of the various posts, it would appear that LDD would be welcome there regardless of what he did. It would be a heads up for me personally if any vendor is well regarded there. I hate to paint with such a broad brush, but it would appear OJ would be welcomed there.

4. Collapse Details

hey guys i personally know the man and think he is a stand up guy along with a few others on this site . I have to say regardless of what everybody thinks we should just give it a rest . My god man how long can you drag something out and not act like a bunch of bickering hens .:rant::moon:

5. Collapse Details

So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy? Not in my book now or ever. You've decided to turn a blind eye to these dealings - other's need not - nor will not until he becomes the stand up guy you may think he is.

So those on the mud forums who as of 1/24 cannot reach him via e-mail nor phone are all lying?

nterestingly enough, he sounded pretty reasonable in his emails and posts to me. But I still haven't heard from him since his email December 10th. Nada, nothing, zip. No speaker box, no Paypal refund. I hear the name Steve Thomas, and my insides turn over.

I've sent him a few more emails asking that he have the smallest sense of decency and refund our money. We've been more than patient. And why punish the guys trying to help him recover the expenses it cost to build the boxes? It's not as if he owes us thousands of dollars - it'd cost more than that just to defend himself in court!! Oh, how I wish I'd spoken up when he was being decent in November - my gut told me to, and if I had listened then I would have gotten a full refund without any drama.

Now we get to join the drama occurring on other forums across the net. Yay. If Someone who cares happens to have information that would help support a legal claim, I'd be interested in a PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SunTime View Post
    So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy? Not in my book now or ever. You've decided to turn a blind eye to these dealings - other's need not - nor will not until he becomes the stand up guy you may think he is.
    Like i said can we not just give it a rest because this is getting so very old and why not let the court's decide on this issue before passing judgement .

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Dunno, I'd think people owed money to them would find this inflammatory.
    Maybe, I think they know that's not the truth though. I'm not saying anything positive, or negative about him. I'm just saying I didn't see anything that would implicate Freaks as any kind of a harborer to the situation going to court.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    hey guys i personally know the man and think he is a stand up guy along with a few others on this site . I have to say regardless of what everybody thinks we should just give it a rest . My god man how long can you drag something out and not act like a bunch of bickering hens .:rant::moon:
    Till he pays up ??????

9. Collapse Details

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=12515

As my first post may I show how you have all been a great help to him in selling his POS boat. Still a duche bag, who'd be supprised. Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?
    Quote Originally Posted by VtSteve View Post
    From reading all of the various posts, it would appear that LDD would be welcome there regardless of what he did. It would be a heads up for me personally if any vendor is well regarded there. I hate to paint with such a broad brush, but it would appear OJ would be welcomed there.

So those on the mud forums who as of 1/24 cannot reach him via e-mail nor phone are all lying?

This is posted for Zone 5, who is the Admin on Boatfreaks.

We have been through all of this on oso when the whole boat thing started. I posted a sticky on Boatfreaks that explained exactly what had happened with the boat and let people make their own minds up about LDD.

When he attemped to put his Fountain up for sale, I removed it from Boatfreaks the same day, as Boatfreaks was not going to be involved with any of his boat sales.

Boatfreaks is NOT going to be judge and jury about anyone. We have put the information on our board for anyone to see. As far as any of LDD's dealing that may or may not be legal, we will let the courts figure it out.

I would suggest that those of you that are just now getting involved with this talk with Nordic95, or Dave Stecz before you slander BF's, as all of us have had many conversations about this.

As far as Boatfreaks "protecting" LDD, thats pure BS. No, I haven't banned him, but as I have already said, there is plenty of information on our board about the Chris Cat sale, and the Fountain sale was NOT done nor listed on BF's.

If anyone has any specifc issues with it, I would ask that you PM me through BF's and I will be glad to answer any and all of your questions.

Thanks!

Zone 5
    Administrator
    WWW.Boatfreaks.Org

10. Collapse Details

I have had several dealings with him could not be better

11. Collapse Details

boatfreaks is doing what we and most other forums do, let the courts decide... doug and myself have had many converstaions about this issue, i can assure you that freaks is not covering up for anybody... you wanna talk about steve thats fine, leave boatfreaks out of this.. you want first hand info, ill tell you the whole story if you want to hear it....
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

12. Collapse Details

Love to hear the whole story.

The only reason I commented on BF is the obvious, and LDD states he sold his boat through a BF ad.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Like i said can we not just give it a rest because this is getting so very old and why not let the court's decide on this issue before passing judgement .

I'm all for the courts deciding the boat issue. However much like Fred Cecil he's developed a pattern of screwing folks over that the courts are not involved with - the people STILL owed money to from the Mud Forums for one. (which he lies about on boatfreaks)
    Much like the the Fred Cecil saga we hear some say "he's a stand up guy -let it go- enough already - he'll make it right - you got him wrong - etc etc etc" Like the Fred Cecil saga it's time to "wake up and smell the coffee"
    You are innocent till proven guilty but once you develope a pattern your likely not going to be allowed to go about buisness as usual. Why in the world he's allowed to go about biz as usual on BF (besides the ad) when other legit people are not allowed to discuss him and his dealings beyond the OSO fiasco is oxymoron as hell.

Like Fred Cecil he's made his bed so no reason to ignore it/ let it go nor go about it hush hush.

14. Collapse Details
    Thumbs up
    SUPTHEN 30 thank you for the posting and i agree with everything that zone 5 had to say.

15. Collapse Details

Keeping the preasure on LDD is the only hope that he will eventually feel the preasure of his wrong doings and come clean and pay this guy back. Eventually it will start to hurt his business and he will realize that it is not worth it to keep this kids money. I could never do to some one what he has done. Makes me want to puke.

16. Collapse Details

This is how capitalism and free market works. You are free to do business with whomever you want. If you screw someone, they are free to tell people about it. This community is based on watching out for each other and promoting our beloved sport. When someone comes into the community with bad business dealings, we owe it to each other to project the proper warnings.

Ginger, if you are concerned because a friend of yours is geting harsh treatment or drilled for too long, that's the road he chose. Courts are the appropriate direction to take. However, there is no cease & desist order or injunction from further bad business practices, so it is entirely fair for the boating community to carry the conversation and help others avoid the same fate.

I've had friends that were great to socialize with but would NEVER do business with. You are good to defend his character, but it doesn't mean the boating community is going to be lenient.

Everyone should keep it civil and informative and keep it going. If he feels the discussion and ongoing discontent is damaging his business, he should engage the discussion and work towards a resolution that shows him worthy of doing business with.
    Last edited by LaughingCat; 01-26-2009 at 03:08 PM. Reason: obviously typing with fat toes

17. Collapse Details

BTW it does get boring and repetitive when people debate whether his actions were legal or not. That is for the courts to decide. What is worth continuing is a discussion of what other businesses/people share similar tactics so the community can be warned.

Maybe a future enhancement for OSO/BF/SOS, etc would be a rating system like E-bay with positive, neutral and negative scores with rebuttal comments.

18. Collapse Details

So the bad e-bay dealings, mud forum, along with his con game concerning the young mans inheritance money is a stand up guy?
    I have seen the inheritance issue mentioned more times than I can count. To be honest I have yet to see why it's an issue where the money came from. He acquired the money and chose to spend it how he saw fit. I personally found it down right dumb, yes I said dumb, to spend the money he inheritted on a depreciating asset to begin with. Just because it was inheritance doesn't make it any more worse or better.

That being said, I still don't agree with how things went down on the deal.

Buck
    A thong is like a barbed wire fence, it protects the property but doesn't ruin the scenery.

19. Collapse Details

Buck, I agree. a lot of this has become repetitive, but it is winter up here... I have basically kept to myself. The court thing is a slow battle. For a while he either chose to ignore the letters being mailed, or just hung them up with pride.

Either way, the lawyers have spoken and if nothing gets resolved in the next few days then comes court. 30 day or so wait until he gets served then its up to the courts.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Prostock85 View Post
    Buck, I agree. a lot of this has become repetitive, but it is winter up here... I have basically kept to myself. The court thing is a slow battle. For a while he either chose to ignore the letters being mailed, or just hung them up with pride.

Either way, the lawyers have spoken and if nothing gets resolved in the next few days then comes court. 30 day or so wait until he gets served then its up to the courts.
    good, im glad you are going after him.. if nothing at all comes out of this at least people know what hes about... i wish you luck in getting your money back..
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....