Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cig1988 View Post

13) LDD puts up a post on OSO and tells the story and does not like what people so he deletes the thread.
    I'm not real familiar with this situation. I can tell you though as mod on performanceboats we have the site set so the thread starter cannot delete the thread. Any poster can edit content including the thread starter on his post but the thread can only be deleted by a level headed moderator.

Purpose - much effort and time is put into many threads by many members. It is a shame to lose all that at the whim of the thread starter if he or she doesn't like the result of what's posted. If it's a bs thread the mods delete it. If it has good content though it remains.

Just a suggestion...

2. Collapse Details

+1

I love that idea! I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing..

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MarylandMark View Post
    +1

I love that idea! I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing..
    Intelligent , and knowledgeable , i can see the swelling on your shoulders as i write .

4. Collapse Details

Dong just got himself banned from OSO and the thread about the contract dispute is locked down. Hopefully this is the last we hear of/from him.

5. Collapse Details

I think he's been banned about 100 X!

6. Collapse Details

Who is LDD????

Nordic95

7. Collapse Details

nordic95 aren't you the same name on the other site

8. Collapse Details

Cig1988 in the interest of all info being correct between 6 and 7 you need to add that the buyer was able to contact LDD the day AFTER the contract was up (Saturday) and tried to talk to him about the issues and LDD told him to call him back on Monday. LDD told him that it was fathersday weekend or something like that and they could talk on Monday.

I have no problem with a post like this as I will tell you. I had some bad dealings with a guy on some motors that I Purchased. He acted just as LDD did. He laughed at me and told me I was not going to be able to effect his business. Well over time people were doing google searches on his name and you guessed it my thread on OSO always came up first. Eventually he paid me just to get the thread to go away. So these things do work and the internet is a lot more powerfull then some people (like LDD) want to give it credit for. He sells a lot of cars on the internet it would appear. My guess is eventually he will want the thread gone, if for nothing else so that his kids don't have to read what a scam artist he is.

Jon

9. Collapse Details

Jon
    Edit is done thanks. It was almost impossible to read every single post and you had the best idea to post all the events that I copied and paste...hope ya didn't mind.
    I do remember that dealing you had with the engines from CA if I'm not mistaken. Glad you finally worked things out and had the balls to post that thread. That definetly got some attention from the person in question.
    Google is a powerfull tool to say the least. About a year ago I hired an individual with a glowing resume and had googled everything but his name. By chance I searched with his name and low and behold he was a proffesional con which was recently released from prison. Had a rap sheet dating back well into the 70's in and out of jail in several states. This dude even scammed a bail bond/bounty hunter company in the midwest.
    Scammers come and go on these sites to prey on trusting people like us. It is good to know that we can all stick together and weed them out....eventually.
    Stan

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Real Baja View Post
    Look at the first post in this thread.
    hes only kidding. hes the one that started the oso thread...troublemaker
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by yesrej View Post
    hes only kidding. hes the one that started the oso thread...troublemaker
    Hey I resemble that remark. And yes I started it and I'll finish it.I personally paid the retainer for the lawyer and PS and Joker are going to kick in some funds in a couple days.I couldnt wait to get the ball rolling so lets see what happens now.Sorry Baja I was only kidding....

Thanks Anthony R.

12. Collapse Details

+1

How does this work alongside you deleting all those posts when OSO curbed you?
    Just askin.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

13. Collapse Details

+1

I hate taking the time typing my well thought out, intelligent, knowledgeable post to have someone come along and poof the whole thing..
    Mark. !!! That just made my shoulder hurt even more.. Got to take a pill now.
    Life is: what happens... when you plan something else.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    How does this work alongside you deleting all those posts when OSO curbed you?
    Just askin.
    Exactly what makes me think this idea is great!

I knew I would never send another dime to OSO so cleaned up the sections I wouldn't have access to anymore. Then I thought, well- they sell content and bandwidth- they are not worthy of profiting on my knowledge and the self poofing started.

I think of it like the corner bar with new management that ruined the joint. Nobody forces me go there and I don't but every so often someone from the old hood wants to hang out there so I do but not where my normal bar stool antics take place.

15. Collapse Details

Exactly what makes me think this idea is great!

I knew I would never send another dime to OSO so cleaned up the sections I wouldn't have access to anymore. Then I thought, well- they sell content and bandwidth- they are not worthy of profiting on my knowledge and the self poofing started.

I think of it like the corner bar with new management that ruined the joint. Nobody forces me go there and I don't but every so often someone from the old hood wants to hang out there so I do but not where my normal bar stool antics take place.
    You took your bar stool.

I had too many posts to delete. So I just tried to make sure that they had no value from the start.
    Warning: This post may contain language unsuitable for minors or math not suitable for liberal-arts majors.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Audiofn View Post
    Cig1988 in the interest of all info being correct between 6 and 7 you need to add that the buyer was able to contact LDD the day AFTER the contract was up (Saturday) and tried to talk to him about the issues and LDD told him to call him back on Monday. LDD told him that it was fathersday weekend or something like that and they could talk on Monday.

I have no problem with a post like this as I will tell you. I had some bad dealings with a guy on some motors that I Purchased. He acted just as LDD did. He laughed at me and told me I was not going to be able to effect his business. Well over time people were doing google searches on his name and you guessed it my thread on OSO always came up first. Eventually he paid me just to get the thread to go away. So these things do work and the internet is a lot more powerfull then some people (like LDD) want to give it credit for. He sells a lot of cars on the internet it would appear. My guess is eventually he will want the thread gone, if for nothing else so that his kids don't have to read what a scam artist he is.

Jon
    I seem to remember that playing out over on OSO a few years back - some guy from the bay area(??); glad it worked out well for you - Jeff
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

17. Collapse Details

Yes you remember that well. He made good eventually and I removed the post as per our agreement.

18. Collapse Details

http://forums.boatfreaks.org/showthread.php?t=12515

As my first post may I show how you have all been a great help to him in selling his POS boat. Still a duche bag, who'd be supprised. Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?

19. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by SunTime View Post

As my first post may I show how you have all been a great help to him in selling his POS boat. Still a duche bag, who'd be supprised. Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?
    Whoever bought it must have known what they were getting into, and hopefully got it for what they were willing to give.
    If they didn't know the story behind the boat, it's their own fault for not investigating. There is plenty of info out there on him and this boat.
    We didn't help him sell his boat.
    We put all the info out there about it that we could.
    Yes, still a D bag.
    Appears he has no desire to change that about his rep either.
    As far a s LCM... We'll see.
    "Keep the bottle on the bar Ira, I won't be long".

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SunTime View Post

Why does boatfreaks protect him and allow him to inflame?
    Went over and checked, didn't see anything inflammatory yet.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!