Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    you made 12 posts in this forum, all on this thread.. talk about having an agenda...
    Its good to know someone can count, at least to 12. I didnt realize lurking was considered an agenda. I'm not a performance boater so I apologize for not having any input in other threads to fit your standard.

If having 12 posts on this thread is considered an agenda to this forum, I would think you would have to at least own a boat to be a fondling member of this fourum.

2. Collapse Details

* just lurking - not an agenda
    * having just 13 posts - not NECESSARILY an agenda
    * boat ownership - not germane
    * posting only in this section only on this topic - AGENDA
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    *posting only in this section only on this topic - AGENDA
    If my posts were one sided or all about LDD or Prostock I could see your point, but they are not. I actually address both sides and give tid bits of information that I know from being local to LDD. I'm following like everyone else. No Agenda at all

Why would I post in other areas of which I know nothing about topics being discussed?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by randomboater View Post
    If my posts were one sided or all about LDD or Prostock I could see your point, but they are not. I actually address both sides and give tid bits of information that I know from being local to LDD. I'm following like everyone else. No Agenda at all

Why would I post in other areas of which I know nothing about topics being discussed?
    I take your point. Your handle led me to believe that you were interested in boating.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

5. Collapse Details

Its good to know someone can count, at least to 12. I didnt realize lurking was considered an agenda. I'm not a performance boater so I apologize for not having any input in other threads to fit your standard.

If having 12 posts on this thread is considered an agenda to this forum, I would think you would have to at least own a boat to be a fondling member of this fourum.
    do you know how im involved in ldd's story.. did you know i was involved at all??
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    I take your point. Your handle led me to believe that you were interested in boating.
    I most certainly am interested in boating but I will not speak on subjects I know nothing about. I have seen some beautiful performance boats but have no experience or expertise with them, they are much different vessles than my boat of choice.

Quote Originally Posted by stecz20 View Post
    do you know how im involved in ldd's story.. did you know i was involved at all??
    I do know your not the buyer or the seller in the transaction which should be enough and the end of it, but its not. I'm also aware that someone was very vocal until he found his name could be easily brought into the mix of the suit and he has been quiet about things since. I wouldnt advertise involvement if your truly involved although I doubt you are heavily involved other than possibly helping financially support the plantiff.

7. Collapse Details

I most certainly am interested in boating but I will not speak on subjects I know nothing about. I have seen some beautiful performance boats but have no experience or expertise with them, they are much different vessles than my boat of choice.

I do know your not the buyer or the seller in the transaction which should be enough and the end of it, but its not. I'm also aware that someone was very vocal until he found his name could be easily brought into the mix of the suit and he has been quiet about things since. I wouldnt advertise involvement if your truly involved although I doubt you are heavily involved other than possibly helping financially support the plantiff.
    wrong on all levels.... but, you are just another keyboard jockey trying to get his rocks off... i guess you're all about the facts huh. good man...
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

8. Collapse Details

there are many discussions here reguarding things other than performance boats, we talk about woman, booze, money, music, planes trains and automobiles... hell the occasional farm animal has been mentioned from time to time. Surely you can find a topic here you have interest or experience in... If not and you just want to post in this single thread, all I ask is that you keep it pertinent, respectfull and factual. This thread and othes like it on other sites has been speculated and what-if'd to death. if you have a relavent update feel free to post otherwise please do not poke a sleeping bear with a sharp stick.

And yes, there are others here (occasionally myself) that know better and should put their sticks down.
    Last edited by phragle; 05-17-2009 at 06:58 AM.
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

9. Collapse Details

I hardly think this thread was started for informational purposes only based on your very first post that got the thread started, but opinions are like...well you know and can figure out the rest.

I personally see no problem with posting a good or bad buying experience with someone. The issue I have with this last and first post is you were not a part of this dealing so posting your initial opinion that is far from a neutral is viewed as slinging mud in my book, hence your calling the kettle black and being a hipocrit on your own thread. Thats not to mention the other things you have said on other threads. Do as I say, not as I do?

There were a lot of want to be experts and internet want to be lawyers who jumped on this when the story first broke out. Its one thing to state your opinion from a buying experience with someone. Its another to trash someone in which you had no dealings with at all. I respect that you took it upon yourself to start an informational thread but you slung the first handful of mud and you cant exactly put the cat back in the bag now. I appreciate that Chris has asked things to be civil now though.
    If you really knew what was going on from the get go the first post was a copy & paste from another site. Rather than scroll through numerous pages it was all summed up hence the readers digest version. As everyone mentioned all of your post's pertain to this thread and I take your comments with a grain of salt! I have no dog in this fight but seems to me like you do. Perhaps it's time to reveal who you really are.
    Unlike other sites there is no negativity here so take your little keyboard elsewhere. IMO you should be banned and your post's deleted.

BTW...how's business?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by cig1988 View Post
    If you really knew what was going on from the get go the first post was a copy & paste from another site. Rather than scroll through numerous pages it was all summed up hence the readers digest version. As everyone mentioned all of your post's pertain to this thread and I take your comments with a grain of salt! I have no dog in this fight but seems to me like you do. Perhaps it's time to reveal who you really are.
    Unlike other sites there is no negativity here so take your little keyboard elsewhere. IMO you should be banned and your post's deleted.

BTW...how's business?
    There is really no need for an elaborate explaination. I simply said you asked for things to be civil and this is an informational blah blah blah yet you were the first person to slang some mud. All I was saying is if your going to ask for that, you should abide by that. You can easily edit your posts as I have done several times, so if thats your intention you should change your original post but I dont see you doing that.

I have explained who I was in this thread, how I fit into this situation and just like I did a little reading to figure you out, you can do the same to figure me out if you choose. Or you can simply come down here to Lake Guntersville and hang out with us on the sand bar where often times this topic is openly discussed amoungst some locals. Im not here to start trouble or cause problems, I'm just here for information like some and to keep things in perspective on both sides. If you cant respect that I'm for whats fair on both sides then maybe you have the agenda here.

as for business, business is doing quite well considering the current status of the economy. I appreciate you asking, how is your business doing?

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I think that I will take Randomboater's comments with a grain of salt, as he registered using the name "Harry Richard" and used a fraudulent zip code (11852).

I think I am more curious why someone would join here under false pretenses that I am with what will happen in the LDD case.
    Guntersville is 35976.......
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

12. Collapse Details

11852 is not used in the US postal system.

13. Collapse Details

then with my complete lack of spelling ability..I'm in deep chit. Remember guys in 2 weeks we will be having a strong presence in OC and hopefully attracting new members... is this the kind of posting we wish them to find????

14. Collapse Details

The point I am making is (and as a charter member it is my responsability to do so) that its not about the apples in the pie..it's about the flavor..it's bitter..our guests come to the restaurant for something sweet and tasty not something sour and bitter.

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Originally Posted by fund razor
    I think that I will take Randomboater's comments with a grain of salt, as he registered using the name "Harry Richard" and used a fraudulent zip code (11852).

I think I am more curious why someone would join here under false pretenses that I am with what will happen in the LDD case.
    This is all true, and I'm not going to say its not. There are different people who have access to this username for different purposes related to this topic. It depends who is on the keyboard as to the response you will read, but we all have pretty much the same opinion. Keep it fair for both sides involved and by all means keep it realisitcal.

Quote Originally Posted by phragle View Post
    The point I am making is (and as a charter member it is my responsability to do so) that its not about the apples in the pie..it's about the flavor..it's bitter..our guests come to the restaurant for something sweet and tasty not something sour and bitter.
    Excellent post and I sincerely apologize if I have offended anyone.

16. Collapse Details

This is all true, and I'm not going to say its not. There are different people who have access to this username for different purposes related to this topic. It depends who is on the keyboard as to the response you will read, but we all have pretty much the same opinion.
    We don't permit group memberships or single-agenda members. You've admitted in your own words that you're (you all) are here for this topic alone and you're sharing a membership among multiple parties.

17. Collapse Details

Thanks for doing what was right, I'm hardly on and never post because this whole deal is just pathetic. I personally have taken it off the boards as its simply not professional. I hope as many that this will be resolved soon. I will by no means allow this garbage to affect my passion for the sport.

As I'm frequently in Al, I wonder if LDD remembers meeting me. I almost even bought a car from Nolan Newman Motors right on RT 1. Great bunch of people over there. I even checked out the ramp where the boat damage happened. Lake Guntersville is however beautiful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 100_2206.jpg   0227090916.jpg  

18. Collapse Details

Chris,
    Phragle makes a good point. I don't see how this thread would make a good impression to a new member (or any outsider) on this site. Both parties are individuals not businesses. Let them clean up their own mess. Lock this thread up. If one of them wants to open a new thread after court case is over, let it happen then.

19. Collapse Details

The purpose of this section of the site is to allow members to let others know of their experiences resulting from a financial transaction. It doesn't really matter if they're businesses or private individuals. However, Steve Thomas is a vehicle dealer and commonly had boats for sale.

What the purpose of this section is NOT is a place for bloodsport. It seems like every once in a while someone gets bored and stirs this up again. While entertaining for some, that really provides little positive benefit for the community.

When constructing this site, there were many discussions about how it would be run and inevitably those discussions involved how things were handled "elsewhere". We all agreed we didn't like random edits, deletions and locked threads. We also didn't like decisions based on any political motivations. Since we have a very large moderating staff and a deep bench on the admin side, we are able to address these issues individually and have conversations with the parties involved. This typically negates the need to take the quick out and close a thread and move on. So far we've been successful at that. I can't say that everyone always goes away happy, but no one goes away feeling disrespected or treated like a child.

Pending further development or final resolution on this, we're going to close the thread to further posts. If something of substance materializes, we can just as easily unlock it. All we need is a PM advising us that something of merit needs to be added.

Thanks.