1. Collapse Details
    Apache Star Video
    Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    This is a video of the Apache Star, formerly the Apache Heritage. The boat has undergone a complete overhaul and repurpose from Mc Manus. The craftsmanship on this boat is incredible!

2. Collapse Details

Very cool. I wonder what the powertrain is?
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

3. Collapse Details

Sounded like Lambo's! I have a hard time believing the U.S. Government is against this....he's not an American Citizen....Bob the Builder(Canadian) left from here many times to go to Cuba.
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

I am sworn to secrecy, but it is not powered by Lambo's. I will say that it is powered with the latest and greatest of power options available.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It has a nuclear reactor?????
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    So if this is the original Apache Heritage, it's a 47' cut down which made it a 45' overall length. The very first sit-down canopied Apache Vee race boat. Has an incredible history with Ritchie and Omar !!!!!

Completely re-rigged into a pleasure in 2003 or 2004?

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    So if this is the original Apache Heritage, it's a 47' cut down which made it a 45' overall length. The very first sit-down canopied Apache Vee race boat. Has an incredible history with Ritchie and Omar !!!!!

Paul,
    Yes this is the original Apache Heritage of Richie and Omar. I am not sure about anything in 03 or 04, but I saw the boat a couple of years ago, and it was still the Apache Heritage as it was when it raced. The boat has only recently undergone this latest restoration.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I'll do some digging, but I'm pretty sure McManus rerigged the boat from race to pleasure in the early 00's. The paint stayed pretty much the same but he put in the triple person back seat and did a complete rebuild of the rest of the boat.

9. Collapse Details
    Apache Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

The 100% restoration project covered 21 months and 7000 manhours, the video shows the boat with 500 gallons of fuel 4 passengers and safety equipment and tools. The power is twin staggered 1350 mercs . I will never forget the ride Richie gave me in Key West in 92 after winning the worlds. This time I throttled , fortunate to bring back good memories and new ones to be created with this boat in the future. The Engines have run perfectly.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the input, maybe you can help with this.....

Quote Originally Posted by jetcruzr View Post
    Paul,
    Yes this is the original Apache Heritage of Richie and Omar. I am not sure about anything in 03 or 04, but I saw the boat a couple of years ago, and it was still the Apache Heritage as it was when it raced. The boat has only recently undergone this latest restoration.
    Didn't Mark McManus Change the boat in 2003 or 2004 by cutting off the top of the canopy and adding the third seat in the back, (plus less HP Merc's), so it could run the poker run circuit?

11. Collapse Details

I can't wait to see more on this boat....it looks to be extremely well balanced. And as far as the US government is concerned.....screw 'em.

12. Collapse Details

I spent some time going over the boat with Mark. Following is a link to my comments on the other site.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/a...le-apache.html

I was in Fort Myers today for business. Mark invited me to stop by the shop to catch up and visit with Raju - the Bengal cat. It was a pleasant surprise for me. Apache Star, the former Apache Heritage, was in the shop after a recent dialing-in run.

I left the shop almost six hours ago and I am still awestruck. The restoration is beyond what I would have imagined. The enclosed canopy was replaced with a custom formed, green tint polycarbonate. The cockpit and Recaro race seats are finished in custom leather (not vinyl, but real animal hides) from Bentley England (Yes, that Bentley). The Recaro seats are yellow stitch Carbon from the race division in Germany. The cockpit is a single piece unit mounted on a two stage, patented shock mitigation system. As was told to me, the first stage will absorb everything up to 4 footers. When the first stage "bottoms out", the second stage takes over and absorbs upto six footers. Beyond six footers, I'm heading home. I know the boat can take it but I don't want to endure the recovery on my back and knees the next day.

The engine compartment, as usual, is an example of incredible attention to detail. All the traditional Stainless Steel is matte black. The combination of the Merc 1350s in black and Carbon fiber, with the matte black Stainless against the rich paint that matches the exterior is simply stunning. A nice touch on the engine hatch, Mark installed clear "windows" above the flame arrestors. Sort of like the view into the engine compartment of the F430 Ferrari. Just as an indication of the quality and commitment on the restoration, there are now mirrors on either side of the cockpit. The mirrors are from a McLaren F1.

The paint is a custom color from Porsche - not available to us mere mortals here in the US. It presents slight color variations depending upon the light conditions and the angle from which you are looking. It is such a deep, rich color in person. To call it orange is simply inadequate. I could never have imagined doing a whole boat in monochromatic - especially orange - until I saw this in person today.

Mark told me that he has 7,000 man hours in the boat. To my eye, it is museum quality. There really is no limitation to what can be achieved by our custom builders here in the US. My earlier comment about it being a BAMF doesn't even come close. Add un-be-F'n-lievable.

We all have a list of boats, past and present, whether they be race boats, pleasure boats, or true custom works of art, that belong in the Hall of Fame. This one just moved to the top of my list.