1. Collapse Details
    Any serious buyers for one of my original 24's with a big block TRS
    Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    I was recently contacted by a former customer who has one of my original 24 's with a big block and a TRS drive. We,have a photo of the boat back in the factory next to a blue boat which is my wife's and a yellow boat which is my oldest sons boat, so,it is definitely one of the original pack.

The boat has always been stored inside and has never been left in the water overnight and has never been used in salt water.

It comes with a tandem trailer and the original gel coat looks as good as the day it was delivered.

He has reached a point in his life where he is downsizing and is looking for a good home for a good boat.

If anyone is seriously looking for a very clean original banana, let me know. Hull and deck white.
    Last edited by Ratickle; 06-24-2014 at 11:13 PM.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

2. Collapse Details

Where is it at and do you have pictures of the boat? From what I found online, you had quite a few different configurations back then.

3. Collapse Details

There is another thread on here called...Long time ago

There is a picture of this boat in #1 and # 5.

It is the white boat and it was finished with the same type of windshield as the blue boat has.

I state in there somewhere that this boat went to San Francisco. My son corrected me and a white boat built after this one was the San Fran one.

This boat is owned by a guy in N Carolina and the boat is in storage in Kentucky.

If your serious I can get you the guys contact info, he has a full set of photos the way the boat is now.

I have no financial interest in this sale, just trying to help out a former customer.
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    This one I assume?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banana%20Disc%20141.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	78389
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    This one I assume?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banana%20Disc%20141.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	78389
    That is the one thanks, Paul.

6. Collapse Details

I think the boat has been sold and I think it was the gentleman on here, BGIII that was looking for more information.

Good luck with your boat, anything we can do to help, feel free to contact us.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    If Bill bought it, it will be in good hands. He lives fairly close. Maybe that's why he wasn't at the Muskegon Poker Run...

8. Collapse Details

Recent pictures
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  

image.jpg  

9. Collapse Details

The ride home from Lake Cumberland to Michigan.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg  

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Good looking boat, congrats. Nice to know it's in really good hands too. Charlie should be happy......

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Good looking boat, congrats. Nice to know it's in really good hands too. Charlie should be happy......
    Yes, for both buyer and seller. I am very happy to see the old boats still out there running.

With the new small sterndrive from Mercruiser, we may bring back the old 24 with that new 250 HP engine. Everyone wants the entry price to our style of boating to be lower, but when we builders,have to start with big dollar engine and drive packages we have no choice but to come up with a big number.

When we first built these boats in the 70's the retail was in the $15,000 range with a complete boat and a 280 HP TRS package. Today if I want to build a 41 with twin 700's and number 6's ......I start with nearly $170,000 just for the engine and drive crates on the floor, not any fiberglass laid up yet.

Enjoy that boat, it looks in excellent condition and should be a real attention getter.

12. Collapse Details

I finally have a running Banana. I bought this boat early summer 2014 after it had sat for a claimed 15 or so years. I think the original owner lost track of time and I believe it has been closer to 25 or 30 years since it has seen a lake or anything else other than the concrete floor and inside walls of a storage building. The good part of the boat is that it probably only has about 100 or so hours on it since new, it's all original and it is dry as a popcorn fart everywhere. The bad part was the engine and much of the bilge rigging was not done at the factory and nearly all of it is in a landfill now. In the end, re-wiring and re-rigging the bilge will make this boat much more reliable and enjoyable.

Not sure if we will get a chance to water test yet this fall, but I am optimistic that it will all be fine with minimal tweaks. Fuel system is all new, bilge blower is new, bilge pump is new, oil/ps cooler is new, new take off Mercruiser 496 exhaust, bellows replaced, trim switches/limiters replaced, all the gauges work, drive and tranny fluids looked good and were changed, transmission shifts smoothly and on and on. It turned out nice and should be a lot of fun.

Martin's Custom Marine outside of Lansing, MI did all of the rigging and mechanical work for me. Marty also makes custom tube swim platforms that are outstanding.

Here is a short clip of it running. Not a big deal, but it is music to my ears! https://youtu.be/ISd6UPDlnUY

First picture is as purchased - "low hour standard engine that was originally from a mid-90s boat"
    Second picture is said engine w/ new exhaust, plugs, wires, distributor, rebuilt carb and a few other things as it was getting ready to be fired up.
    Third picture is shortly after firing up this blown up knocking piece of chit for the first time.
    Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh and Eighth pictures are after the removal of nearly every item added to this boat after it left the factory and re-rigging things correctly and safely. Two things that were certainly lacking.
    Ninth picture was taken shortly before it was fired up for the first time with it's new engine.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Banana Engine Bay 01.jpg   Banana Engine Bay 02.jpg   Banana Engine Bay 03.jpg  

Banana Engine Bay 06.jpg   Banana Engine Bay 07.jpg   Banana Engine Bay 09.jpg  

Banana Engine Bay 12.jpg   IMG_20151015_183308424_HDR1.jpg   Banana Engine Bay 14.jpg  

Last edited by Ratickle; 11-05-2015 at 09:30 AM. Reason: embed video

13. Collapse Details

Sweet. Looks great.

14. Collapse Details

AWESOME
    Congrats !!!

15. Collapse Details

Sounds good !
    Parabellum FJ²B