1. Collapse Details
    Cigarette's Latest VIP Edition in Miami 2014
    The Editorial Staff of Serious On The Inside's Avatar
    Back in January Sheikh Hassan announced that he was having Cigarette build them a boat as support for his 2014 racing team to assist with VIP guests, sponsors, and media. Cigarette featured the boat in the Miami show.

QMSF signs contract with Cigarette Racing to build VIP boat

By Sports Reporter/Doha

HE Sheikh Hassan bin Jabor al-Thani confirmed in Doha yesterday that the Qatar Marine Sports Federation (QMSF) has signed an agreement with Florida-based Cigarette Racing to build a VIP boat to support the Spirit of Qatar Team’s 2014 American racing programme.

Located in the small town of Opa-Locka, Cigarette Racing is in the process of building a 38’ Top Gun VIP Edition for the Spirit of Qatar Team to use as a support boat for VIP guests, sponsors and media at rounds of Super Boat International (SBI) in 2014 and at November’s Key West World Championships. The new boat will be unveiled at the Miami International Boat Show in February.

“This is a new partnership that we have gained from racing in the USA and I think it will work well for both the QMSF and Cigarette Racing,” enthused Sheikh Hassan, the president of the QMSF. “QMSF requires a VIP boat to take out sponsors on race day and Cigarette offered their skills and know-how to build the boat to cater for our needs.”

Sheikh Hassan has yet to finalise the exact programme of events Stateside, but admitted that the Spirit of Qatar Team will continue to race in SBI and, of course, at Key West.

“We gained a huge fan base in America through our race programme in 2013 and we are proud of that. We will continue to build the relationship with the American fans. We hope to maintain our successes there and inform the fans about Qatar. We will continue to distribute publicity literature and brochures at each of the race venues.”

Hector Rodrigues, chief operation officer of Cigarette Racing - which has been building high-performance boats since 1969 – said: “We are delighted to be a part of this exciting venture and look forward to working with Sheikh Hassan and the Qatar Marine Sports Federation.”

Sheikh Hassan added: “Cigarette is one of the best brand names in the boating industry and I am sure that they will deliver a top class boat that will reflect the image of Qatar and the goals of the QMSF.”

The new 38’ Top Gun VIP Edition will be powered by twin Mercury Racing V8 engines. The opening round of Super Boat International will be the 1st Annual Charlotte Harbour Super Boat Grand Prix in Florida on April 12-14.

http://www.gulf-times.com/sport/192/...build-vip-boat

2. Collapse Details

It was a beautiful boat in the team colors. When all of the boats are together at one event, it should be quite the spectacle. I cannot wait to see it. They may all make the first SBI race in Charlotte Harbor, we'll see.

3. Collapse Details

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

i hate to say i'm not a big fan of the colors. are the motors 540 cubic or hp?

todd
    Big Seas and Deep Vee's
    36' Deep Impact trip 300's, 19' Baron surface drive
    Ada Logistics your Flatbed Pro's

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    They are 540 HP. It's a new package that Merc brought out without the CMI exhaust. It carries a two year warranty and it is also the engine used in the new Outerlimits 36 and the Saber 28 at the show. So far seems to have good reviews.

7. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    They are 540 HP. It's a new package that Merc brought out without the CMI exhaust. It carries a two year warranty and it is also the engine used in the new Outerlimits 36 and the Saber 28 at the show. So far seems to have good reviews.
    Are you sure about that...

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Oops, my bad. I'm thinking of the 520. The 540 is the one with the stainless exhaust that only has a one year warranty. That is the horsepower though..... (I think).....

Thanks Tommy