1. Collapse Details
    1967 L88 3.5 million
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Super BADASS

3. Collapse Details

Watched on Fox as it went over block. Corvette's are doing well in general at Barrett Jackson. I went to the auction from 94 until about 07. Its a good car show.

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    #535 - 1967 Chevrolet Corvette L88 2 Door Coupe

Join us at the 2014 Salon Collection car auction in Scottsdale, January 12-19 and have a chance own this rare collectible 1967 red L88 Corvette, one of only 20 manufactured and documented by GM.

Extremely rare, one of 20 manufactured. This is the only known 1967 red/red L88 produced and it has GM Documentation. The 427 HD V8 was intentionally under-rated by GM at 430hp, as delivered they dyno-tested at 560hp. This car has an M22 4-speed, J56 heavy duty brakes, J50 power brakes, F41 suspension, K66 transistor ignition, G81 4.56 posi-traction and shoulder harness. This is the only 1967 L88 to have attained the ultimate award for Corvette restoration or preservation, the NCRS Duntov Mark of Excellence Award.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    http://www.saloncollection.com/2014/articles/5035.pdf

Then there’s L88. RPO L88 is Chevrolet’s answer to the Shelby Cobra 427, a no-holds-barred race car just barely civilized enough to drive on the street. The 427cid V8 has a special block cast with high nickelcontent
    steel. Among the race-oriented features are aluminum heads with 12.5:1 compression ratio, high-lift camshaft and 850cfm four barrel carburetor. General Motors had restrictions on advertised horsepower, so the L88 was intentionally underrated at 430hp, about one horsepower per cubic inch. The actual dynamometer output for a stock L88 is 560hp. L88 RPO is far more than just an engine. Along with a Muncie M22 “Rock Crusher” 4-speed gearbox and G81 posi-traction Limited-Slip, the L88 Package includes J56 dual-pin caliper HD disc brakes, J50 power brakes, F41 special suspension, K66 transistor ignition and “Power Bulge” hood.

To save weight for racing, there is no radio, no heater, no air conditioning, no fan shroud — not even a carburetor choke. In addition, this L88 has the RPO A85 shoulder belts. Another feature that sets this L88 apart is the special order rear end ratio of 4.56:1, the drag racing rear end of choice. Most 1967 L88s were ordered with rear end ratios more suitable to road racing. Only 20 L88s were built in 1967, and only one L88 was special ordered in Code 974 Rally Red with Code 407 Red Vinyl interior. A General Motors executive ordered it as a personal favor for his son’s friend, and the new L88 was delivered through Mike Savoie Chevrolet on famous Woodward Avenue in upscale Birmingham, Mich.

The son’s friend was a drag racer, and his car was used to evaluate performance parts by General Kinetics Camshaft Company. After an extensive drag-racing career primarily at Motor City Dragway, Detroit Dragway and Lapeer Dragway, the Stingray was sold in the early ‘70s to a high school auto shop teacher. It subsequently passed through the hands of many well-known Corvette collectors. With only 11,800 miles showing on the odometer, it has now been completely restored by Naber’s Motors, the premier Corvette restoration shop in Houston, Tex., run by the famous Naber Brothers.

Since restoration, it has been stored in a climatecontrolled environment and maintained by a Certified GM Technician who oversees an extensive private collection. This L88 Stingray is the crown jewel of
    Corvette collector cars. Not only is it the only known red on red L88 produced, but the engine is also a GM production L88 carrying the original engine code of T0418IT and the original GM broach marks. It has GM documentation in the form of a rare, legible Order Copy (Tank Sheet) validated by the General Motors/NCRS Document Validation Service. It is one of only two 1967 L88s with two NCRS Regional or National Top Flight Awards and Regional Performance Verification Awards. It’s in the Bloomington Gold Hall of Fame and Bloomington Gold Special Collection and is the only 1967 L88 of record to have achieved the ultimate award for Corvette restoration or preservation, the NCRS Duntov Mark of Excellence Award.

What more is there to say? The 1967 Corvette Stingray is the ultimate American sports car, the L88 is the ultimate 1967 Stingray and this oneoff red on red coupe is the ultimate L88. Factor in a brilliant and correct
    restoration by recognized Corvette experts Ken and Gary Naber, authenticity in every detail, impeccable condition and every possible award including the Duntov Mark of Excellence, and this L88 is quite possibly the best of the best.

6. Collapse Details

Stupidity at it's finest LOL.. Cooool car, but really?

7. Collapse Details

I liked the '87 Buick GSX with only 11 miles on the clock. But, it went for 90-95.
    I'd want a driver, not just a car in the garage.

I've been thinking about shopping an '87 Monte Carlo SS...

8. Collapse Details

In 1991 I wanted a Corvette and bought an 87. My Dad joked last night I should have kept it. Traded it on a new VW Corrado in 93. Always missed the Vette though even though the C4 design and interior wasn't the greatest. Auction does have me thinking what are those Callaway and 90's ZR1's going to do in another 10 years or so.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I think a good Calloway, Hennessey, or Lingenfelter corvette will always hold it's value, and in many instances increase in value. It's tough to find a good deal on any of the three.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!