Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
  1. Collapse Details

I did not get your email Ratickle. my email is fred@thebackyardoutlet.com. Having not a clue what I'm talking about it seems to me that I should start looking at removing the Stellings headers and looking into something else, which is the direction that I feel you guys are going as well. I have spoke to Chris at West Coast Insulation and he told me that he could put a fire shield over the single wall pipe and he thought that would be a solution (I see that in the picture above). If y'all can hook me up with some contacts for new headers and exhaust ie "lightnings" , I can investigate that., I'm not opposed to some "used" stuff too. I don't know if that kind of thing is out there, but if we go this route there will be a set of slightly used Stellings for sale.

****What I do know, is the Emerald Coast Poker Run is 4 months away and I owe you guys some beers for the help!!****

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Look at the stainless marine pics and pay attention tyo the elbows that are close to what you need. Letty's email is letty@stainlessmarine.com

You would need to email him a layout of the pieces you need replaced, which I believe are the four elbows? Maybe you could lay them out on a piece of graph paper and take a photo with the measurements so it would be accurate to perceive. Then they could check to see if they have an easily modified piece they already make.

As for Lightnings, do you boat mostly salt or fresh water? They make a stainless inner, mild steel outer for mostly fresh water, (flush when you use in salt water), or an all stainless for mostly salt water. Big difference in price.

You could also go with EMI or IMCO, or ? in a cast aluminum manifold with a stainless riser for less than 2G per engine.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Thanks Ratickle. I will head that direction....

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Well, any luck yet?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!