Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Pics are giving you fits!

So, from your research, there were 10 27.5's built and 3 are still around? Does that include yours as one of the three?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post

So, from your research, there were 10 27.5's built and 3 are still around? Does that include yours as one of the three?
    There were 10 built from the mold that had an adjustable transom, The mold would produce a boat from 25'-30' depending on the custom application. The 10 were a total built (2) that were 25.5' (6-7) 27.5' like my hull and (1-2) 28'+. There is only three know to exist, mine and 2 others. One in each size, mine being the only 27.5'. One is more than likely the #31 25.5' of Carls, the other is a red 28' in F.L. and the other is mine here in N.C.

3. Collapse Details

A few more Pic's of seacraft race boats:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Moesly My flying machine.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	163.9 KB 
ID:	76520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6_23_62.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	32.3 KB 
ID:	76521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	76522Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images (27).jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	6.3 KB 
ID:	76523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download (1).jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	10.6 KB 
ID:	76524

The Yellow #202 was a 28' hull like mine,The #31 was carl moely's "my racing machine" a hull like mine 25.5'er,The red #21 is carl moesly's "my flying machine" a 21' production boat with cut down freeboard,The other #21 was a production boat driven by Jenny Moesly Carl's wife.

4. Collapse Details

Love the pics !
    Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Hi gang! I just signed up and have one of the race hulls. I think 4 are known to survive.

Carl and Jeanne Moesly are true pioneers. Saw them this mini season in the keys. Their daughter and hubby live there. The family
    knows boats. The old Johnson/ Kirby 21 is there. I look forward to learning more about lake X and all the history there as well.

The 505 and 31 were 25`6". The Joan E and My Racing Machine. Carl said he made 10 total from 25 -30 before the mold failed.
    Mark Hauptner of Ocean Master fame raced with Carl and set a new OB class record of 62 kts with trip 110`s from Haulover to KW.

Carl and many other racers set class records. Yes they had some factory support, but not like Miss Geico. Privateer`s have little chance
    today.

Cheers,
    GFS

6. Collapse Details

Welcome , Paint looks sweet.
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Sure does. Maybe you guys could get together and make two new decks!

8. Collapse Details

Any more info???

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I've found out nothing more at this time. Did you figure out a way to get to the Tavares/OFF historic gathering to chat with the guys there?

10. Collapse Details
    gathering
    I've found out nothing more at this time. Did you figure out a way to get to the Tavares/OFF historic gathering to chat with the guys there?
    I cant go but the other guy with the green boat Sandy wanted to go and get the info for us. I tried to find out when and where for him and had no luck getting the info. If you can let me know I will pass it on to Sandy so he can attend. Thanks Mike

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Thursday night, Friday, Saturday, Sunday in Tavares the OFF guys will all be in attendance.

Tavares Fall Thunder Regatta

November 8-10, 2013

The past will come alive as vintage and classic race boats of bygone eras return to Wooton Park in Tavares, Florida for our seventh annual Fall Thunder Regatta. Tavares is now a major stop on the CRA Florida Vintage Race Boat Circuit, and this fall's regatta expands to 3 full days, with over 75 beautifully restored vintage and classic race boats running demonstration laps on a 1 mile oval course on beautiful Lake Dora. In addition to seeing and hearing these unique and beautiful boats run, spectators are invited to view them close-up in the pit area at Wooton Park on both Saturday and Sunday.

Saturday & Sunday - vintage heats all day long !!!

We will be running vintage heats all day long on our one mile course, moved a bit this year, to provide better spectator viewing from the Wooton Park grandstands. There will be a large contingent of vintage outboard racers, along with the many classes of vintage inboard runabouts, hydroplanes and Gold Cup race boats. One huge 90 ton crane will be setup in the hot pit area to handle the vintage and classic race boats, which must be launched and retrieved for each heat. The constant launching and retrieving of the vintage race boats high up in the air by the crane provides for stunning visuals, and we already have six fire breathing grand prix hydroplanes registered. The sights and sounds from Wooton Park will be just magnificent, don't miss this exciting event.

http://www.classicraceboatassoc.com/

12. Collapse Details

Hey gang!

My name is Sandy and I have My Racing Machine. Carl`s #31 race boat. 10 total were made according to the man himself. Carl is 94??? now and living near Skip n Carla near K Largo. The mold was adjustable from 25-30 depending on what you wanted. A total of 10 were made from 25-30. The first two were 25`s. Mine hit the plumb bobs at 25 6". I have heard there was at least 1 27 and 2 28s.

this is how she looked before being turned into a cc.

oops

George is on the right. He is the gentleman I bought it from.

He had Yacht Doctors in St Pete turn her into a cc.

After she was done racing, she went to lake X. When lake X closed, she was bought by Randy Rabe`s dad. This is second hand info.

Nice to find you here Friz. Lets coordinate our research so we can get more done my friend. Skip and Carla are in town this week. I`ll ask about your boat.

Cheers,
    GFS

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Welcome, I had no idea the original seating arrangement was like that. Open bow with the driver and navigator in line for racing?