1. Collapse Details
    Fresh water running into toilet?
    My last weekend on the boat for 2013. Because of various commitments I only put around 50 hours on it this year. A great 50 hours though. For this weekend I took it around 40 miles from home to spend Saturday and Saturday night on it --- kinda checking out the "condo" part of the BT label. Since I've had the boat I did not put fresh water in the tank. I did this weekend. There has to be a valve or something that's not set right. My experience: I put fresh water in the tank. The tank filled, sinks and shower worked fine. Only problem is I noticed the toilet over flowed --- the toilet hasn't been used. So, I cleaned up the mess. I connected a hose to the stern water inlet. Right away checked the toilet---- sure enough, the fresh water is going directly into the toilet. So, if water is in the tank --- it goes to the toilet. If I use the stern inlet , it goes in the toilet. Number 1, I've never had a boat that used fresh water for the toilet, usually it's lake water. Is the BT different? Secondly, why would the water flow directly to the toilet? Is there a valve somewhere that is in the wrong position?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks

2. Collapse Details

Your head should only pull from lake. Angle cock is located under bathroom sink.

3. Collapse Details

Does your boat have a vacuflush toilet

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    that boat pulls from fresh water tank. and dumps in waste tank. Do you have all the toilet switches off? did you have the pump swith on? I'f I remember correctly the head only works when the water pump switch is on. let me think about this for a while.
    The head was never used, but was cycled during the season to prevent seals from drying up and pump from freezing. there was a new motor installed last year on the toilet, really didn't need it found a plactic bag in it when it was changed out. never had issues with it so it has to be something simple....

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    was there a treadle valve beside the toilet??? I can't remember...

6. Collapse Details

Sonny: thx for the reply. I know it's something very simple. I didn't want to be a pest a d call you, just figured I would get some advice here. I messed with cock valve and ball valve under the sink and that didn't change anything. I'm out if town now and will be back home tomorrow. I'll look again for another valve by the toilet

7. Collapse Details

Mystery solved. There is an electric charged valve in the fresh water line. When you press the flush button the valve gets a charge and opens to allow water to flow through. Without pressing the flush, the valve stays closed. Because the toilet hasn't been used, the valve stuck open. Minor fix

8. Collapse Details

congrats

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Glad it was easy.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!