1. Collapse Details
    Crankcase blowby
    Ok, so here's a thought I've been toying with. I really don't like PCV or blowby hoses (whatever you want to call them) exiting into my flame arrestors. 1.) what doesn't get sucked in coats the engine components with a film of oil. 2.) oil vapor decreases the knock threshold. 3.) I have some information that says scavenging the case keeps the components cleaner. So, I'm contemplating running all four hoses to a plenum chamber (read - 3" tube) with an attached ventilation fan exhausting the vapors outside the boat. Give me your thoughts and critiques. Thanks guys.
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    You can always run a "puke tank" that will catch and contain any liquid from vapors, but will let the air exhaust out of the tank through a breather. The tank can be drained periodically. These too can be messy at times if you have a tired engine. On my blown alcohol motors, I got so sick and tired of the mess, that I just plumbed a #12 hose from the valve cover to an overboard fitting. I know this is not exactly ecologically friendly, but it is an option. If you are not familiar with a puke tank, I will take a picture of one in my shop tomorrow and post it on here for you.

Tommy

3. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Scotty has a big puke tank for sale in the swap shop now.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

4. Collapse Details

Thanks for the input Tommy and Paul. I have various tanks that I could use for that, just thought a bit of vacuum may be better??
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson