1. Collapse Details
    Tuesday Almost Funny
    Because it's a little too close to home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1005593_10201510231460548_507587819_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	12.0 KB 
ID:	76168
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

I don't get it. Was there a news article I missed?
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

3. Collapse Details

I assumed that it was a reference to Bill Ayers, the founder of the Weather Underground.

Ayers is an admitted (former) militant terrorist and current education theorist who's own girlfriend was killed many years ago by a bomb, and has admitted that in 1972, he damaged the pentagon with a two-pound bomb that caused tens of thousands of dollars in damage. Whether Ayers and Obama are "close" has been debated, the truth is that they did indeed run in the same Chicago circles, and Ayers did hold a "meet the candidate" event for Obama in his home many years ago. The connection between Ayers (And other radical members of the weather underground, SDS, et al, some of whom serve as advisors to the current administration) has been debated since prior to the 2008 election.

4. Collapse Details

Parabellum FJ²B

5. Collapse Details

Was I close?

6. Collapse Details

So is this "news" or just some 40 year-old dirt?

7. Collapse Details

Well, it was not on the news today.

But one would think that radical, leftist, anarchist associations would remain relevant as long as a public servant was in a position of profound executive influence. Right?
    Same as if it were right wing, radical, anarchist associations?

No?

As far as the reference goes, I think that it goes back to the first campaign when people first realized the number of connections with older leftist radicals from the Ann Arbor/1965 group through the Chicago 1968 convention.

I think that regardless of political bent, radicalism is concerning for many people, and that concern for radicalism lies at the core of this piece.

8. Collapse Details

No. you were dead on....
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

IMHO, I believe that anyone who hates Obama should realize that he isn't going anywhere. He will be the POTUS until 2017. Attacking Obama is a waste of time and energy. I know that for-profit organizations like Fox News make billions spewing their messages of hate to the mouth-breathers who watch it 24x7, but the intelligent conservative needs to focus on what changes the Republican party needs to make in order to win the White House in 2016!

The lessons of the 2012 elections are clear. As the Republican party moves further to the right, it is leaving the moderate independent voter behind and losing elections at the national level. The Republican party lost big in four key demographics.

1) Latinos - The vast majority of Latinos voted for Obama. The Immigration Reform bill in Congress could be a great way to win them back, but the Republicans are doing the opposite. Even if the bill passes, all that Latinos will remember is that the Republicans opposed it.

2) Women - The Texas state legislature just passed one of the most restrictive abortion laws in the country. Once again a group of old white men has decided what's best in women's health. The Republicans will never win back the majority of women.

3) Gays and Lesbians - I still can't believe that in 2013 the Republicans want to outlaw Gay Marriage. It makes no sense. All it does is drive away anyone who thinks that the government needs to stay out of our bedrooms and out of out lives!

4) Young People - It hasn't been in national news lately, but the legalization of Marijuana is slowly happening. Law abiding citizens realize that pot is no worse than cigarettes or alcohol, and it is insane to lock up non-violent people for owning a plant. If the Republican party would sponsor a bill to remove Marijuana from the Federal Drug list and allow states to decide, they would win a lot of the youth vote.

Bobcat, your pic was neither timely nor funny. If you want real change, then focus on the future not the past. However, if you, Fox News, Karl Rove, and the rest of the radical right want to bash Obama for the next three years, then get ready for eight years of Hillary! You only have yourself to blame!

10. Collapse Details

Thoughts inspired by Clay's post:
    1) Latinos are capable of complex thought. They can deal with the fine points. Language is not an indicator of intellectual capacity.
    2) Well, the majority of pro-abortion women in Texas, for sure.
    3) I personally don't care what gays do. But the recognition of new forms of marriage creates new complications that must be worked out.
    4) In 1960, Pot was a youth issue. Today, the issue of pot is not the sole concern of the youth. Agree that much is wasted on pot enforcement. But the legalization of pot creates new complications that must be worked out. If there is a youth issue today, it is violence and mental health. Can you imagine being young today in an increasingly violent and less hopeful world? Occupy? Really?

5) You forgot what I feel is the biggest threat to the republican party, or to non-party conservatives like myself: The hijacking of conservativism by the religious right.
    6) The erosion of personal liberties in the name of security needs to stop.

I think that considering how many people still use uncomplimentary references to President Bush, years after he went away, seeing references to the associations of the sitting president should not be particulary shocking. The folks who called Bush "Chimpy McFlightsuit" still share jokes about the book that he was reading to children when the 9/11 attack happened to this day.
    Based on this dynamic, I have to assume that people will be bashing Obama for many, many years to come.

One does not need to be a radical to see and be concerned about the radicals who surround persons with profound influence. Obviously you are concerned with the influence of Fox News.
    I don't watch it, so I hear about it mostly from liberals, who apparently never miss an hour.

If there were more opportunites for young people to succeed in this country, there would be more conservatives. (It's natural that you think a lot more about the takers, once you are a maker.)

I agree with Clay and Bobcat that it isn't truly funny.
    It's more like scary.

11. Collapse Details

I'm sure only libtards watch Fox news so they can be offended. I'm far from from the Radical Right . I'm pro abortion (because I'm anti -crime) Pro gay marriage (because it doesn't affect me, and I have a ton of gay friends) The pot thing makes sense, but they need to find a way to test for impairment while driving. In my whole 50 years of living I've known thousands of potheads....only about about 7% of those people can actually function while high...

If the immigration Bill passes we are f*cked as a country....picture the Mariel Boatlift X 30 million...only 47% of Americans are working full time right now...47%....that is insane.

Owebama supporters are now signing a petition to get rid of the Bill of Rights....

I think somethings going to happen long before the next election....the Government is gearing up Homeland Security ...they're preparing for something.
    Last edited by Bobcat; 07-11-2013 at 07:41 AM.
    Parabellum FJ²B

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    5) You forgot what I feel is the biggest threat to the republican party, or to non-party conservatives like myself: The hijacking of conservativism by the religious right.
    I can TOTALLY agree with that! After reading the latest posts, it sounds like you are both Libertarians like me!

13. Collapse Details

PS - This is what happens when the Democrats are in charge!

wal-mart-walks-away-from-dc-store-plans

The Republican party needs to change in order to woo more voters. I can see the leadership wanting change, but the Radical Right (i.e. Sarah Palin, etc.) won't budge and only wants to yell their (losing) ideas louder!

14. Collapse Details

Interesting that it was the DC city council 8-5 who backed the special rules (and huge wage boost) for large retailer. The mayor could still veto it, or congress could exert its local control of DC.

15. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The far right and the far left control both parties. They are all idiots!!!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!