1. Collapse Details
    Spiced Rum III Steers to Victory in Saltwater Slam
    Capt. Bill Wummer and the Spiced Rum III fishing team had a slam-bang time at the recent Pompano Beach Saltwater Slam Fishing Tournament, part of the Southern Kingfish Association circuit.

In addition to the Top Team honors and a $20,000 pay-day, Sherri Beswick was Top Female Angler for the second time this season and the crew of Spiced Rum III finished first in three species categories; Bluewater Challenge, Holy Mackerel, and Big Three. In addition the team had the second largest fish of the 105-boat field and the second largest King, which was landed by Don Lamb.

“It was a 7:00 a.m. shotgun start, and the Contender, Yamahas and Latham Steering were all running great at 65 mph from the Pompano Inlet to Juno,” Wummer explained, “We fished 120-feet of water for an hour before the first fish and then waited 30 minutes for the next one. Then, they just started coming.”

“My crew and our sponsors make this all possible. I love the competition in the SKA and look forward to every event!” Wummer said.
    The team continues to fish tournaments up the East Coast of Florida in coming weeks in Singer Island, Jupiter and Riviera Beach.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LATHAMFrances LangFord(1).jpg   Team&Boat(1).jpg  

2. Collapse Details

I thought that the Mercury/SeaVee Pompano Beach Saltwater Shootout was won by the Mercury Powered "Penny-Less" and that Melanie Chojnacki from High Gear was the top female with 83.1 to Sherri Beswick's 63.3.

Am I reading the correct tournament and year's results?

2013 Saltwater Shootout Results