Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
  1. Collapse Details

Tabs all the way up drives at 5. That seemed to be the sweet spot on the ones I've had

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Try running with tabs all the way up, tap drives up, up, up, up, until the props start to blow out, or your speed drops off. (I'm assuming you are using GPS for speed?). But, no full tank, 1/4 or Two people max in the boat. No water/gray water tank stuff. No extra weight of any kind if possible. The test in 1999 of a stepped 43 with the 470HP 500efi's was 74 mph.

There should be no reason to use any tab at WOT unless you are loaded unevenly, cross wind to level, or the water is so rough you don't want to fly the boat.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Registered
    your mph numbers are way off...................start with drives all the way down, tabs up or no tabs......... WOT.....click drives up slowly and watch tac....the boat ran 69-71 effortlessly or no tabs....69 mph with hardly not fine tuning.....hell it ran 69 during sea trail with no adjustments at all, drives down and maybe a click on tabs...if you remember....

don't get hooked on all this trimming stuff. drove most of the time with drives down and just used tabs. Used drives for fine tuning when we were going a distance...my 2 cents

4. Collapse Details

Great boat Sonny. The first boat I've ever had in my life that everything on it works.

We recovered the v-berth pads, put new carpeting in both the cabin and cockpit, pulled out the second row of bolsters, changed GPS and stereo. All just personal preference issues. My only complaint is those strainers are a pain to clean out. I'm very happy.

She is the talk of the town. Everyone is in awe of it. Great boat.

Thanks for the driving tips, I was actually going to call you but didn't want to bother you. I'll try your tips next time I take her pit

5. Collapse Details

Registered
    yep she is, the cameras would out when I took her out, she is one of a kind. I did my best trying to keep with her. The strainers, never clogged one of them. Had a heck of the time with them when I would just do general maints. There is no trick that I know of.
    Glad you are enjoying it I am certainly happy it has a good home...

Bear

6. Collapse Details

Thx. Ran great today. With 6 people, full tank of gas, normal boat stuff on board -- tabs all the way up, drives at 4 hit 64.

Stopped for lunch at a local hangout. Some woman tooke her small son (probably about 5) over by the boat and took his picture standing next to it . Too funny

7. Collapse Details

Registered
    get use to it, I had people waiting at the end of the channel with cameras for me to pass them. It a touch of class for sure.......
    enjoy.....
    I had the boat wot only a few times, mostly ran at 35-40 mph.. But she never failed to hit 69-71 mph wot..maybe you have some stale gas still in tanks and it running against the knock sensors...

have fun and be safe....