Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Sure has been quiet.
    Haven't heard much from the SVL teams on here lately. Who's coming out this year for the a$$ whooping I'm about to hand out.

2. Collapse Details

Competitor
    No one has been on here lately, everyone is to busy working on there boats getting ready for Biloxi. Everyone I have spoke to is taking it up a notch, I think everyone is going to have to bring their A game to have a shoot this yr. SBI has a lot of talent in the SV class so make no mistake, and some very fast proven boats. After KW and seeing how some of the boats are progresssing this yr should be very exciting.

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Chris,
    Looking forward to racing against that new speedster of yours, the more the merrier. With all the coverage SBI is planning this yr, the better the show the more coverage the class will get, so dont run out front to far . Hopefully we will continue to get our own start.

4. Collapse Details

Registered
    A$$ whooping huh? Bring it!!! This should be a fun and exciting season. I look forward to meeting you Chris. Are you coming to Biloxi? If so then I'll see you there (in my rear view camera)

5. Collapse Details

Competitor
    [QUOTE=RedHotRacing;599863]A$$ whooping huh? Bring it!!! This should be a fun and exciting season. I look forward to meeting you Chris. Are you coming to Biloxi? If so then I'll see you there (in my rear view camera)

Well there u go you got your answer, Biloxi should be a fast track so I guess we will know shortly.

6. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor Dunbar 104's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    Haven't heard much from the SVL teams on here lately. Who's coming out this year for the a$$ whooping I'm about to hand out.
    You said that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and maybe the year before that.

But I do hope you make it out this year.

7. Collapse Details

Competitor
    If he come he come he knows where to find us ...lol

April 25-28 Biloxi, MS 9th Annual “Smokin’ The Sound” Super Boat Grand Prix
    May 17-19 Cocoa Beach, FL 4th Annual Space Coast Super Boat Grand Prix
    May 31-Ju 2 Orange Beach, AL 10th Annual “Thunder on the Gulf” Grand Prix
    July 5-7 Sarasota, FL 29th Annual Suncoast Super Boat Grand Prix Festival
    July 19-21 Miami, FL 23rd Miami Super Boat Grand Prix
    Aug 2-4 Michigan City, IN 5th Annual Super Boat Great Lakes Grand Prix
    Sept 6-8 New York, NY 23rd Annual New York Grand Prix – Tribute to 911
    Sept 27-29 Clearwater, FL 5th Annual Clearwater Super Boat National Championship
    Nov 3-10 Key West, FL 33rd Annual Key West World Championship

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    There are many seasoned SVL teams to contend with. Save the smack talk for your buddies and show up ready.

9. Collapse Details

Original plan was to build the canopy boat to sell and support it at the races. Now that I've had a relapse and turned into a race junkie once again, I'm putting it together. Whether I get in it or put somebody in it. Another boat will be coming out of the shop also. Brand new Carbon 32 Doug Wright, it's in the later part of the build process now. Together we've been working with a few sponsor partners. The outcome of this will determine the type of race program we run this year. Gary Smith from Carolina Racing Engines is handling the power for the SVL and will most likely be the guy you see in the port side window as you're being overtaken. He looks like Reggie, sounds like Reggie, not sure if he can throttle like Reggie but I'm pretty sure he can build a better motor than Reggie.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    There are many seasoned SVL teams to contend with. Save the smack talk for your buddies and show up ready.
    I wouldn't show up any other way. I've been at this for a while now. I can hadle it.

11. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Sounds like you will fit right in. The question is who is going to be eating the humble pie and who will be holding the trophy at the awards?

Best of luck.

12. Collapse Details

Competitor
    I'm not hungry we pass.lol

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Still would be nice to all of the SVL's at a single event!!!!!

Now Kevin has Bucanneer Pawn, and TugIt is for sale......

I also hear Art Lilly's son may be in with Pig Iron.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

14. Collapse Details

Competitor
    KW would be the place to meet for sure , 3 days of racing with a true World Champion

15. Collapse Details

Competitor
    The SBI SuperVee class should be exciting this yr with rumor of a few new manufacturers coming to play. Be interesting to watch the class evolve its been a long time coming, and also simpifying the motor package.

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    ..... and also simpifying the motor package.
    We need to chat one of these days about that one again. I'll shoot you an email soon......

17. Collapse Details

Competitor
    With the cost of a new 525 or 565 it is at the point where we need to look else where other then Merc. Dont think it makes much scence to buy a used 6-8 yr old 525 for the cost of building a new one especailly to race. Its about keeping the class afordable, and not being held hostage and forced to do our repairs at one builder. Also its crazy to pay $10,000 for a rebuild when it can be done for much less from numerous motor builders. Merc doesnt support the racers at this time and I understand that, things have changed over the yr . There are numerous builders working with a lot of SBI teams and supporting them at the races. All are willing to support and do the work for a reasonable pricing to get the business, and it spreads the wealth for them as it should be. Depending on the package it would also be a lot easier to tech, and much easier for parity a clean simple motor ( A race motor) simalar to what the Superboat class built. Speak to JR and Grant they and super happy with the new package, and did anyone notice not one Superboat had a engine failure in that class in KW. Little different then yrs past when 5-6 would start on wed, and only 2 start on sunday. We have to change with the times and learn from our mistakes....

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Depending on the package it would also be a lot easier to tech, and much easier for parity ....
    That's the part I'm most curious of. How, without tearing down the motor???

19. Collapse Details

Competitor
    With MSD u can check the rpm and adjust the rpm for parity in a matther of sec
    Doesn't get easier then that or cheaper. Same cu in and compression rule seems like all bases are covered no gray area and no unknown.

20. Collapse Details

With the cost of a new 525 or 565 it is at the point where we need to look else where other then Merc. Dont think it makes much scence to buy a used 6-8 yr old 525 for the cost of building a new one especailly to race. Its about keeping the class afordable, and not being held hostage and forced to do our repairs at one builder. Also its crazy to pay $10,000 for a rebuild when it can be done for much less from numerous motor builders. Merc doesnt support the racers at this time and I understand that, things have changed over the yr . There are numerous builders working with a lot of SBI teams and supporting them at the races. All are willing to support and do the work for a reasonable pricing to get the business, and it spreads the wealth for them as it should be. Depending on the package it would also be a lot easier to tech, and much easier for parity a clean simple motor ( A race motor) simalar to what the Superboat class built. Speak to JR and Grant they and super happy with the new package, and did anyone notice not one Superboat had a engine failure in that class in KW. Little different then yrs past when 5-6 would start on wed, and only 2 start on sunday. We have to change with the times and learn from our mistakes....
    Amen to that! The most overpriced purchases I've made being in the marine service industry are from Mercury Marine. CMI are running a close second. Other than superstock, Super Vee and SVL are the only remaining classes that are required to run one specific motor from one specific manufacturer. If keeping the class affordable is the main focus, the 525EFI should be an option not a requirement.

When I have some spare time I will compile a build list and pricing to put together a 525EFI and a very similar motor using aftermarket parts. Obviously the intake and phlenum are merc specific but an edelbrock setup can be used as a subsitute.

Edelbrock.com - Electronic Fuel Injection - Intake Elbows

Edelbrock.com - Electronic Fuel Injection - Pro-FloŽ XT - Introduction