Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

What would be the next step toward changing the engine package. More importantly, is this something that's being looked at for the start of the 2014 season or mid 2013.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post

Your statement about a boat or 2 changing things is also false
    It wasn't too many years ago when there were 9 525 boats at a race and a few other 525 boats in the wind. Since then you bought one and the other owner have led the change of course to of the class.

Not sure how you can claim different.

Best of Luck to ya.

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    It wasn't too many years ago when there were 9 525 boats at a race and a few other 525 boats in the wind. Since then you bought one and the other owner have led the change of course to of the class.

Not sure how you can claim different.

Best of Luck to ya.
    More great info. ...I dont even own a boat sorry. First time I ever raced SVL was with Mark in Absolutely Not and he only ran SBI so sorry again that was 2011. The divide in the class has been for yrs way before I even thought about SVL . It goes back as far as OSS, when certain teams wanted nothing to do with that whole thing if you remember.

Any changes that was made to the class in SBI was voted on in 2012 and the vote was 6 -2 in favor of the current rules sorry again. I dont see anyone leading change of course in class that ur are talking about , maybe you are asking the wrong ppl? Looks to me as an even amount of boat on both sides of the fence, actual registered boat I know SBI has 6 paid, not sure of any others to date. You might want to call Smitty, not my place to guess.

I guess you forget the match race in KW yrs back with Steve and Randy and neither one of them wanted any part of the others orginazation but Randy did come to KW and race thats how far that goes back. I was running SV unlimted then but I guess that would mess up your story line.
    Last edited by XtremeRacing; 03-05-2013 at 09:48 PM.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerguymiami View Post
    What would be the next step toward changing the engine package. More importantly, is this something that's being looked at for the start of the 2014 season or mid 2013.
    Chris nothing is being done for 2013, and possible it wont change at all. Just looking at some different ideas, with the 525's going away soon it might be a good time to have something lined up. The class would ofcourse vote on anything before any rules were changed , or even thought about being changed.

5. Collapse Details

Boy, am I glad Im no longer involved in this. This is the main reason why I left. I do however have one question. Why is it that a non equipment owner has so much input in this class? If you guys are ok with that, fine. IMO, unless you have a vested interest, you should not have a voice. On another note, this reminds me of the BS goin on in politics. both sides have an agenda. One that benefits them and them only. There will never be harmony between the two. So, just work on building your own party. Enjoy what you have because it will never be like the old days. One piece of advice I would give to anyone interested in Racing. Do not get involved in the politics. Have fun. Once the fun is gone, Its time to take up needle point.

Carry on

6. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Yes I know I have no business rocking the boat.

Best wishes to all racers. I will stick my head back in the sand.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MOBILEMERCMAN View Post
    Yes I know I have no business rocking the boat.

Best wishes to all racers. I will stick my head back in the sand.
    I wasnt talkin bout you.

8. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Chris ,

If you are in Biloxi, we might try and have a class meeting, we can go over it in more detail then. Steve K had some very good idea also on how it would work.

9. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I kind of disagree with you on the who says what part. The guys who have been part of the class, and the guys with no agenda at all, are the ones who will stay involved with almost no little current prejudice.

And how are you doing Bruce. Needlepoint you say?????? How'd you survive the storm?

The biggest issue I have seen that seems to cause problems, isn't the rules so much as the lack of enforcement of whatever rules are there. There seems to be two reasons. 1. It's someone's friend or a major contributor. Or 2. it's too hard to enforce the rules that are in place. The motor has to be torn down etc....

I do believe however, the Merc program to read the ecm brain is available to any Merc certified dealer/technition. And I think it is a simple plugin-printout of max rpm, volts, fuel, etc. I'll do some more checking. I also believe Steve said that same type of system was available for his Vortec ignition in Sunprint.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

10. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    I kind of disagree with you on the who says what part. The guys who have been part of the class, and the guys with no agenda at all, are the ones who will stay involved with almost no little current prejudice.

And how are you doing Bruce. Needlepoint you say?????? How'd you survive the storm?

The biggest issue I have seen that seems to cause problems, isn't the rules so much as the lack of enforcement of whatever rules are there. There seems to be two reasons. 1. It's someone's friend or a major contributor. Or 2. it's too hard to enforce the rules that are in place. The motor has to be torn down etc....

I do believe however, the Merc program to read the ecm brain is available to any Merc certified dealer/technition. And I think it is a simple plugin-printout of max rpm, volts, fuel, etc. I'll do some more checking. I also believe Steve said that same type of system was available for his Vortec ignition in Sunprint.
    Not sure if that equipment is avalible or it would have been used. A few of the teams are Cert Merc dealers and no one has said anything about it. But for sure would be interesting to find out. Merc is keeping that pretty close to the vest from what I have seen.