Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    1978 36' Excalibur re-build w/ triple outboards
    Here's a recent re-build of a 1978 Excalibur 36' (I believe a Bill Farmer & Don Abel design since it was built in Sarasota) A good friend is the owner who purchased it in 1983 and finally decided to "do something with it". The twin outboards (not sure what the originals were) were removed and triple Suzuki DF300's were hung from a transom platform w/ a swim ladder. (jackplates not hydraulic –a mistake!) The cabin, cockpit seats, and helm were upgraded as well as adding an arch. The original companionway door is the same. The beautiful teak deck was "untouched" other than sanding & oil. The hull wasn't modified other than adding a windlass & anchor. I'm unsure if the current windshield was original. He can't remember; and I can't find any other Excalibur hull design similar to this one. The HID is definitely Excalibur; as it begins with "NAP"04282 M78D. She's berthed in SW Florida and likes the shallows of The Keys & the Bahamas. More than a few issues have arisen since her modifications -fuel tank leak, sits ass heavy, improper vent line routing, etc. All in all, she runs well with the triple Zukes, but I think the 3rd engine adds too much weight. I also found her sister ship sitting in Ft. Myers which I visited. I have photos of her too which I'll post. It still as the Excalibur & Sword logo on the gunwale. Any comments, assistance, advice, is more than welcomed! thanks. Phil in Chicago, IL.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo (4).jpg   photo (6).jpg   image.jpeg  

image (3).jpeg   image (2).jpeg   photo (2).jpg