Page 418 of 968 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 428 468 518 918 ... LastLast
Results 8,341 to 8,360 of 19351
  1. Collapse Details

Maybe I will try a different distributor cap and a BAMM.
    Last edited by fund razor; 07-17-2016 at 12:14 PM.

2. Collapse Details

MSD = May Suddenly Die

Swap components and see if problem follows....
    P-4077 "The Swamp" S.B.Y.C. and Michigan medboat mothership

3. Collapse Details

That's what I am thinking.

4. Collapse Details

I want to thank the Governor of Ohio, John Kasich, for understanding the Constitution much better than Cleveland Police, who "Don't care whether it is illegal or not to infringe the rights of US citizens." I do agree that Cleveland should be declared a state of emergency, however. But not because of the lawful and protected right to open carry or because the GOP is having a convention there. Because it is Cleveland.
    The mistake on the lake.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I want to thank the Governor of Ohio, John Kasich, for understanding the Constitution much better than Cleveland Police, who "Don't care whether it is illegal or not to infringe the rights of US citizens." I do agree that Cleveland should be declared a state of emergency, however. But not because of the lawful and protected right to open carry or because the GOP is having a convention there. Because it is Cleveland.
    The mistake on the lake.
    It's a tough situation Bubba!!!! I wouldn't want 2 B anywhere near the Cleve in the next few days!!!!

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    It's a tough situation Bubba!!!! I wouldn't want 2 B anywhere near the Cleve in the next few days!!!!
    Agreed. It's a tough situation because of all the rhetoric. I predict that nothing significant happens. I hope I'm right.
    Then we can go back and deal with the treason aspect before they decide that the 1st and 4th amendments are as inconvenient as the 2nd.

I do agree that it is stupid for any Ohioan to open carry in Cleveland. They kill children for playing with toy guns in the park. They will shoot you and worry about whether it was legal later. Just don't do it.

7. Collapse Details

Mornin Ho's !

I imagine D'ohbama and Soros have something up their sleeves...
    Parabellum FJ²B

8. Collapse Details

Agreed. It's a tough situation because of all the rhetoric. I predict that nothing significant happens. I hope I'm right.
    Then we can go back and deal with the treason aspect before they decide that the 1st and 4th amendments are as inconvenient as the 2nd.

I do agree that it is stupid for any Ohioan to open carry in Cleveland. They kill children for playing with toy guns in the park. They will shoot you and worry about whether it was legal later. Just don't do it.
    The biker/panther thing has my eyes open!! Hope people will B civil!!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wrinkleface View Post
    The biker/panther thing has my eyes open!! Hope people will B civil!!!
    Yeah. I am hoping some of these extreme groups are flapping their mouths and no more. No good can possibly come from Black Panthers (or any other group) instigating violence at the convention.
    I support those who want to see less violence, and condemn those who threaten more. I view the problem of police killings as everybody's problem. I don't think any racial group owns it.
    When I saw the man in Minneapolis murdered in cold blood for no reason at a traffic stop, I was just as horrified as when I heard a sniper was shooting cops. This is all bad.

But still not as bad as any attack on the US Constitution. Because when men come and men go, the Constitution must live on.

As an American and an Ohioan, I plead with both the Cleveland Police and those who might agitate, to remember that we are all human beings. And we are brothers and sisters of not two colors, black or white; but three colors: red, white and blue.

10. Collapse Details

Did you say Cleveland??

https://youtu.be/ysmLA5TqbIY

11. Collapse Details

When I saw the man in Minneapolis murdered in cold blood for no reason at a traffic stop
    I was in Minneapolis this weekend and talked to several cops about the shooting that took place about a block from the fairgrounds. If everything I heard was correct, this will be a justified shooting
    Run until it sounds expensive

12. Collapse Details

Not sure about the location but it was Philando Castile. If I understand correctly, he did his disclosure and was shot reaching for his ID. Probably should have left his hands on the wheel.

Scares the hell out of me. I think my disclosure may be this:

"Officer, I am required to disclose to you that I have a concealed handgun license and am carrying legally at this time. Please don't kill me out of an abundance of caution. Please. I won't move."

13. Collapse Details

He had the Gun in His lap...Not to smart.
    Parabellum FJ²B

14. Collapse Details

I read that it was in his front pants pocket, opposite his ID. I assume a pocket holster was in use. But yeah, in the lap was a bad idea, if true.

I am sympathetic to what cops are going through, but I don't tolerate the new mindset that to simply to be lawfully armed indicates the intent to harm a police officer.

People with a CHL in this country are seven times less likely to be involved in an incident of domestic violence than a police officer. By their own logic, they should be disarmed, you know... because of the few bad ones. 500,000+ lawful citizens in Ohio have passed a rigorous background check, and have been personally approved and signed off on by the highest executive law enforcement officer in our area. In my case, it was the sheriff of the county I work in. They really need to calm down and take a chill pill when it comes to people who jump through all the needed hoops to exercise the 2nd.

Doing a traffic stop wrong is bad, and creates added stress for the LEO. I get it. Not sure it should be an instant death penalty.

15. Collapse Details

The story I was told was there was a robbery earlier and the guy fit the description perfect so he was pulled over. The cop asked for ID and the guy then said "I have a gun", and made a move for ID at the same time. The cop has zero time to see if he was getting ID or the gun, so the cop choose to shoot. And fwiw they said the gun was in his lap.

When you have a gun on you or in your car your suppose to put both hands on the steering wheel, 10 and 2, and tell the cop you have a gun and wear its located and ask if you should remove it or the cop.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    The story I was told was there was a robbery earlier and the guy fit the description perfect so he was pulled over. The cop asked for ID and the guy then said "I have a gun", and made a move for ID at the same time. The cop has zero time to see if he was getting ID or the gun, so the cop choose to shoot. And fwiw they said the gun was in his lap..
    The stories in the media all say cracked tail light, so obviously there are a lot of versions out there. If the cop was positioned correctly relative to the driver, he would have seen the lap. In the video of the guy dying, the cop is positioned in a decent spot tactically. Who knows what happened. I understand why there would be multiple narratives from different sources.

Quote Originally Posted by BBB725 View Post
    When you have a gun on you or in your car your suppose to put both hands on the steering wheel, 10 and 2, and tell the cop you have a gun and wear its located and ask if you should remove it or the cop.
    Precisely. Although in my class, instead of asking if you should remove it I was told to say "I will not move unless directed to do so."

I hope I am never nervous and do it wrong.

17. Collapse Details

I don't mean to be anti-cop or pro-stupid. I'm just recognizing the fear on both sides of this.

18. Collapse Details

I don't mean to be anti-cop or pro-stupid. I'm just recognizing the fear on both sides of this.
    Crazy X's Bubba!! Cops scared, civies scared!! I'm sure w Venitian in Char this week & all the people in the park 4 the bands every night that security is at the highest in the history of this fest!!!

19. Collapse Details

The stories in the media all say cracked tail light, so obviously there are a lot of versions out there. If the cop was positioned correctly relative to the driver, he would have seen the lap. In the video of the guy dying, the cop is positioned in a decent spot tactically. Who knows what happened. I understand why there would be multiple narratives from different sources.

Precisely. Although in my class, instead of asking if you should remove it I was told to say "I will not move unless directed to do so."

I hope I am never nervous and do it wrong.
    Thats why I said if the stories I heard are correct, who knows anymore

BTW I like your response a lot more "I won't move unless directed to do so"

20. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And just because a person tells an officer they have a permit to carry when a cop spots a bulge or gun, doesn't make the cop feel any safer. It's easy to lie and easy to carry a forged permit.

I'm with Fund. I will not move unless directed sounds really good. If the guy did it wrong, by reaching close to his gun and not following the protocol taught in classes, may actually make the cop less likely to believe the guy had a legitimate carry license.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!