Page 935 of 969 FirstFirst ... 435 835 885 925 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 945 ... LastLast
Results 18,681 to 18,700 of 19366
  1. Collapse Details

BAMM

Mornin!

How'd Ya shoot?

Off to Port Challote in abit.....
    Parabellum FJ²B

2. Collapse Details

Mornin!

from not yet Sunny Port Challote....Going to look at a Boat for the Rat before the Races...
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    BAMM

Mornin!

How'd Ya shoot?

Off to Port Challote in abit.....
    The joke failed on punctuation. "How did you shoot?" "Well."

It was a great round actually. They pulled the ball washers, rakes, etc. But the bar was open. I played a friend (golf snob out of practice) who gave me a ton of crap in April when we played about how bad I was. I should have taken his money. On a long, high CR/slope course I beat him 93 (from whites) to 106 (from golds. with cheating.). I normally don't give a flying F about scoring under friends. I play for fun and against myself. But this was sweet. He lost 4 balls on one hole. I lost two the entire round and took my strokes. When we were done and adding up the card he says: "Well your putting is a lot better. That's what it is." "And I guess you are getting off the tee much straighter." "Well, and your chipping was amazing." "Although your long irons are probably your best shot." On one hole I hit my driver like 250 right into the sweet spot in the fairway, then hit my 7 iron 150 yards and rolled out like 8 feet from the pin. He said out loud. "What the ****?" It was a par 4. My birdie putt was close. Got a 4. He foot wedged his way to 6.

I was grinning. I did the work. Lessons. Range time. Played 35 rounds with better golfers. Got fitted. Spent Trackman time. New grips. Hours on chipping range. My high on a tree lined course making bad choices was 118. My low on my home course using good strategy was 91. Almost broke 90. Index went from 31 to 23.5 before the operating season ended at our courses up here. I'm happy.

4. Collapse Details

Last year I played 5 rounds and that was the most of my life. Scrambles.

This year I played over 600 holes averaging about 95 strokes per round, which ends up bring like 3,300 strokes in regulation.
    Almost 160 hours on the course playing regulation stroke golf for handicap in seven months.

And it's 30 degrees out as I type this. It's over.

5. Collapse Details

Mornin!

from not yet Sunny Port Challote....Going to look at a Boat for the Rat before the Races...
    Every boat I like is too expensive. Every boat I don't like is too expensive.

6. Collapse Details

We started boating the end of April, made it to the middle of October. During the heat of the summer we were out 5 to 6 times a week. In a round number we boated 125 days of 150. So I turned the key about 125 times.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post
    We started boating the end of April, made it to the middle of October. During the heat of the summer we were out 5 to 6 times a week. In a round number we boated 125 days of 150. So I turned the key about 125 times.
    It might be a good idea to do wrist exercises off season. Quarter turn to right, quarter turn to left. 5-6 times each week.
    That way, it the spring you will be ready.

8. Collapse Details

Mornin!

Rat bought two Boats...One Deck Boat, and a two Person Hobie Kayak...With all the Bells and Whistles,,,ie: Pedals and Rod Holders...We're gonna spend Tomorrow Morning

changing all of the Springs on the Trailer before We lug it back to the House....

I haven't Played any Golf yet this Year...But I've hit off of the Practice Tee/Net every Evening after Work...
    Parabellum FJ²B

9. Collapse Details

No pics?

10. Collapse Details

Mornin!

Waiting for the Rat to put em up...
    Parabellum FJ²B

11. Collapse Details

Good Morning
    Happy Monday

12. Collapse Details

Mornin!

I think the Name of the New Boat should be "Buyers Remorse".... Holy Crap it took us 6 and a half hours to rebuild the Trailer Springs and Temp wire the Lights....then a Two Hour

slow Drive back to Rat's House....Leaving out of Port Challote in a few to Head South....and go to Work...
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    He left at 4:15 this morning , should hit Little Torch about 9:30, unless he goes the back roads and also stops to pee every couple hours.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

14. Collapse Details

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5527.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	94866

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Actually only took a couple hours to remove the springs and brackets, then an hour or so to run up to a great trailer parts place in Ellerton, Sturdy Built. The guy helping us took one look at all the broken/rusty/crappy parts in the back of the Explorer, took one measurement, and went in and pulled every spring, bracket, bolt, plate and u-bolt we needed. Damn it was sweet.

Then we went back and put everything together in an hour or so, no problems. ready to remove the blocks it was on, hook it up, wire the trailer lights, and hit the road.....

Nope, took the blocks out of the rear and the trailer tongue went to the moon! Only thing that stopped it was the skeg and prop hitting the dirt......

After we both pushed down on it, we figured it had about a negative 300 lbs tongue weight!!!!! I was f'n pissed!

So then, after looking stupid and trying to figure out what the F' to do, decided to try to jack the boat up off the trailer and see if we could slide it forward. Whoever put it on the trailer did not slide it forward up to the bow brace. It had about a foot of room to go forward.

So, after a bunch of jacking over and over, swearing, pushing, and pulling with the strap, we moved it forward to the brace. It then had about zero tongue weight.

So, we stacked concrete blocks and an old heavy ass piece of broken concrete on the bow of the boat and hit the road. (After wiring the lights). Wasted at least two hours doing all of this BS. It would have been a lot quicker if Bobcat hadn't refused to ride on the bow of the boat all the way home.

So, we decided to not go on the freeway, cause who knew how bad the tires were. We hit the road, and actually got to a road where the speed limit was 55. We got up to just over 45 and the trailer started shaking and jumping so bad we were sure it was a flat, but nooooooooo, no isue there. After wiggling the tires we decided it was a loose bearing. So, lets take back roads all the way from Bradenton to Port Charlotte.

It actually towed okay up to 43 MPH, anything more than that and the vibration would go nuts. So that was max speed. What would be a normal 1:15 drive became an over two hour ordeal. It made us nervous because of the 25 lbs of toungue weight or so, every bump it sounded like the trailer was gonna release from the hitch. But, we saw a lot of places we'd never been before, and will hopefully never see again.....

Anyway, we made it. I'll have to move the crank bracket further forward, cut the welds on the bow bracket and move it forward, then move the boat forward another foot or so to get the proper bow weight. (Bobcat couldn't guess at the exact amount needed because he'd had no beer for the entire day). The trailer tongue is plenty long.

Now to get the motor running, trimming, and tilting........

16. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    Mornin!

I think the Name of the New Boat should be "Buyers Remorse".... Holy Crap it took us 6 and a half hours to rebuild the Trailer Springs and Temp wire the Lights....then a Two Hour

slow Drive back to Rat's House....Leaving out of Port Challote in a few to Head South....and go to Work...
    Happy Daze

17. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Competitor MOBILEMERCMAN's Avatar
    There must be some good points to share?

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I'm still not sure on why Bobcat insisted we replace the springs, brackets, and bolts? Only 3 of the 4 springs were broken in half.......

Name:	IMG_8089.JPG 
Views:	4 
Size:	7.06 MB 
ID:	94867

Duct tape should have been enough.......

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Oval View Post

Name:	IMG_5527.jpeg 
Views:	8 
Size:	61.2 KB 
ID:	94866
    That's a lot newer...

Name:	IMG_8087-1.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	3.00 MB 
ID:	94868

20. Collapse Details

How much did they pay to have that hauled away?