Page 16 of 969 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 66 116 516 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    Don't think I could not shower for more then a day! Think my last post in this thread that got cut was on the original Batmobile selling at Barrett Jackson for $4.2mil. That was a surprise. If I had that kind of money can think of better ways to spend it.

This One???

Talk about an expensive ride!
    The first Batmobile produced in the 1960s for the original Batman television series has been sold for oh, a mere $4.6 million!, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

So who is the new Batman exactly?

Rick Champagne, a businessman and car collector from Phoenix, Ariz.

Persistence apparently pays off, since Champagne has reportedly been attending the Barrett-Jackson auctions for 15 years now.
    The impressive ride has an impeccable pedigree to go along with that massive price tag, since it was built by legendary Hollywood car customizer George Barris, who constructed the Batmobile in just 15 days back in 1966.

The Batmobile tied the record with the Aston Martin DB5 Sean Connery drove in Goldfinger for the highest price paid for a movie car at an auction.

2. Collapse Details

Yep, thats the story. Still can't believe it sold for $4.6 million. I wonder what the Aston Martin DB5 sold for. After seeing Skyfall a few weeks back, it had an DB5 in it so looked them up and they go for between $260K to $400K, so actual Bond car must have been a few mil.

3. Collapse Details

Mornin Ho's !
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

Mornin! Laptop is shutting itself off. When I reboot, for some reason have to relog onto the forums. Its annoying, only two months old. Taking it into the store today and seeing if they can fix it. Oh, looked up the Bond DB5 and it sold for $4.6mil in 2010.
    Last edited by poncho; 01-21-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: added bond car info

5. Collapse Details

Evenin Ho's !

Softball in 1 hour.

So I worked all weekend on this effin cabinet....guy changes his mind about twenty times....I finish it....take it inside and the guy says it is too tall......he wanted 38 1/2 " inches (40" with the counter top) Then he says he almost thinks it's his fault that it is wrong....I built it per his drawings....I almost punched him right in the mouth...I go back today and redo a lot of it....get it installed and he tries to take a hundred off the price...Supposed to get a check tomorrow for $400.....if it is any less I'm going to take it out of his ass....guy has no repercussions....he's doing illegal work at his house...if he calls the cops I'll call the City and have him RED TAGGED!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails baypointreloaded 020.jpg  
    Parabellum FJ²B

6. Collapse Details

as we noted in an earlier thread.... Bobcats are very DANGEROUS, and this guy should be very CAREFUL and tread very LIGHTLY lest he incrurr the wrath of the Bobcat......
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by old377guy View Post
    as we noted in an earlier thread.... Bobcats are very DANGEROUS, and this guy should be very CAREFUL and tread very LIGHTLY lest he incrurr the wrath of the Bobcat......
    If it was me Id probably at least swear at him!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Evenin Ho's !

Softball in 1 hour.

So I worked all weekend on this effin cabinet....guy changes his mind about twenty times....I finish it....take it inside and the guy says it is too tall......he wanted 38 1/2 " inches (40" with the counter top) Then he says he almost thinks it's his fault that it is wrong....I built it per his drawings....I almost punched him right in the mouth...I go back today and redo a lot of it....get it installed and he tries to take a hundred off the price...Supposed to get a check tomorrow for $400.....if it is any less I'm going to take it out of his ass....guy has no repercussions....he's doing illegal work at his house...if he calls the cops I'll call the City and have him RED TAGGED!!!
    He had no "recourse."
    He has more repercussions than a man needs.

Time and materials for that Mo Fo from now on.

9. Collapse Details

Mornin Ho's !

Off to Marathon.....getting some "New" used tires for the Work Van....and Taco Bell!
    Parabellum FJ²B

10. Collapse Details

Tell the guy to get tile, and that will bring the floor up.
    If he already has tile, just build a step around the island.

11. Collapse Details

cut your losses...

kick his @$$, take what's left of your materials, then call the inspectors.

No really, hope it works out and goes well for you!!

12. Collapse Details

I was doing car sales in the mid 90's, mostly European cars. Got a Cadillac on trade and seemed like we had it for a long time, so decided to blow it out. A young couple test drove it and decided to buy it. When they came the next day to pay and pick it up. The girl wanted to know why it still had a chip or two on it. Car was detailed and it was nice, but didn't agree to touch up. She kept arguing and saying her Father was a Cadillac dealer and when you sell them you make it perfect. Didn't feel like arguing so got my detailer to touch it up. Long story short it wasn't good enough and now wanted a paint job. Think I ended up swearing at her about as is in our contract and she still bought the damn car that I lost money on!

13. Collapse Details

Evenin Ho's !

Pulled up to the guys house this morning....He sees me take off my sunglasses.....and turn my visor around when I get out of the truck...and pays me the money....now he wants me to come and work this weekend.....not gonna happen.

Anyway, had a nice day, got a haircut....took a drive to Marathon and picked up a couple of used tires for the Van...and had a really nice lunch at Burdines on the water....
    Parabellum FJ²B

14. Collapse Details

Phew, that was close
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

15. Collapse Details

Had another nice day, think it hit 40's. Its supposed to rain tomorrow, so it was nice while it lasted.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    Evenin Ho's !

Pulled up to the guys house this morning....He sees me take off my sunglasses.....and turn my visor around when I get out of the truck...and pays me the money....now he wants me to come and work this weekend.....not gonna happen.
    All I can think of is when these 4 old men showed up at my golf outing with those visors with bushy fake hair coming out of the top.

17. Collapse Details

Mornin Ho's !

When my hair get too long, people always ask if I have one of those hair visors on !
    Parabellum FJ²B

18. Collapse Details

Congrats on the resolution !!

19. Collapse Details

Hi Ho's! 37° and raining, forcast was right this time. Want the sun and 40°'s back. Think it was Aug the last time I had a hair cut. Its time for another one.

20. Collapse Details

Freakin Hippie !

Wednesday nights are really bad for TV....
    Parabellum FJ²B