Page 12 of 964 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 22 62 112 512 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

30 and sunny! Forecast was wrong. In 82 Canada got a new constitution and one of the things they put in was a section on Indians and their treaty rights remain the same from the early 1800's. We have a group of people that their ancestors worked for the Hudsons Bay Company and married Indian Women. They formed their own communities and called themselves metis. Our brilliant federal courts just ruled that under the constitution these groups are Indians under the constitution. If the federal government doesn't appeal they'll have to give these people the same rights and benifits as they do regular Indians. On my Mothers side of the family her ancestors not only worked for Hudsons Bay, they had been Governor of an outpost. So now all I have to do is show they married an Indian and I can join the Metis! Since Canada must treat them as Indians of Canada, I can get a status card. Under U.S law if you can show 50% Native American blood they can't deny you entry to the U.S for any reason. Also have the right to work in the U.S, so automatic green card. The U.S accepts a Canadian Indian status card id as proof of 50% Indian blood. So might be an easy way for me to get a green card.

2. Collapse Details

Based on history, I don't see your government intentionally creating more indians. But who knows.

And a BAMM.

And 60+ degrees here tomorrow.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I bet they all wear blue suits while hunting

Attachment 75190
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_9478 smallzootsuit.jpg  
    Parabellum FJ²B

4. Collapse Details

I think that rig would hurt me.

5. Collapse Details

Based on history, I don't see your government intentionally creating more indians. But who knows.

And a BAMM.

And 60+ degrees here tomorrow.
    It was a federal court that created a new group of Indians. The government will appeal most likely. It will end up in the supreme courts lap. Federal Court Recognizes Mètis and non status Indian Rights | BC Métis Federation

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    It was a federal court that created a new group of Indians. The government will appeal most likely. It will end up in the supreme courts lap. Federal Court Recognizes Mètis and non status Indian Rights | BC Métis Federation
    I can see how one could make a good case. I would just be surprised to see a government enlarge the class so to speak, but it seems that Canada in some ways lags behind the US in the historical timeline of indian treaties. Maybe because for more years you were more fully under the Crown. I am guessing.

7. Collapse Details

Softball in 1 hour and fifteen minutes

Attachment 75202
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails homeratthebatGIF3.gif  
    Parabellum FJ²B

8. Collapse Details

When I changed phones, I stopped getting the calls for softball subbing.
    Sometimes I miss that. I got to talk to the nicest people.

9. Collapse Details

I can see how one could make a good case. I would just be surprised to see a government enlarge the class so to speak, but it seems that Canada in some ways lags behind the US in the historical timeline of indian treaties. Maybe because for more years you were more fully under the Crown. I am guessing.
    The country of Canada wasn't formed until 1867. We are a constitutional monarchy and still under the crown. Basically the metis are the original settlers of Manitoba before Canada. Guess it would be like the U.S considering the original settlers of America as being aboriginals.

10. Collapse Details

We won.....despite protest......27-3 .......our shortstop....who is a slap hitter ....hit two GRAND SLAMS !
    Parabellum FJ²B

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by poncho View Post
    The country of Canada wasn't formed until 1867. We are a constitutional monarchy and still under the crown. Basically the metis are the original settlers of Manitoba before Canada. Guess it would be like the U.S considering the original settlers of America as being aboriginals.
    I've always found Canada to be interesting. I guess it comes from living so close to the border, and sharing the lake.

12. Collapse Details

Mornin Ho's !
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

Sun is out, may have to get the dingy out on the lake today!

14. Collapse Details

OMG

55 and SUNSHINE here !!

15. Collapse Details

about 25 and foggy; went up to the boat show yesterday - kinda nice all things considered
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson

16. Collapse Details

Hi Ho's! Getting another day of sunshine, but we are paying for it temp wise 27° and could fall more tonight.

I've always found Canada to be interesting. I guess it comes from living so close to the border, and sharing the lake.
    Almost opposite growing up along the border, most of my TV was American. Plus my parents have had houses in the states for as long as I can remember. That we lived in part time. So I've gone to American schools. Was fascinated with the USA. The two are not that much different.

17. Collapse Details

Almost forgot. My Dads, Mothers side of the family are Americans. My great grand parents moved to Canada in the 1930's for work. My grand mother and aunt married Canadians and stayed in Canada. My uncle moved back to the states. So have a lot of American relatives.

18. Collapse Details

Afternoon Ho's!

Picked up another job today while I was waiting in line at the Home Depot..5 hours tomorrow, and possibly ten on Monday and Tuesday. Miami Boat Show Money !

Beer Thirty In KW !
    Parabellum FJ²B

19. Collapse Details

Getting ready to look at an 04 Porsche Cayenne. Our nutty sales tax. Car dealers have to charge the 7% federal sales tax on every car sold. Private sales have no tax. So I'm saving 7% shopping and buying from private seller's.

20. Collapse Details

Our combined sales tax where I live is 6.75%. If you buy from a private seller they get the tax when you transfer the title.