Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Icon/Founding Member Top Banana's Avatar
    Rhode Island - Summers / Florida - Winters
    Detroit Auto Show tom'w morning they unveil the 2015 ZO6
    Light travels faster than sound....that is why some people appear bright until we hear them speak!!

2. Collapse Details

BTW, I don't hate ALL Vette's..

Just the C7 LOL..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN9460 copy.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	254.5 KB 
ID:	77626

3. Collapse Details

Name:	ku-xlarge.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	100.3 KB 
ID:	77631Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ku.jpg 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	77632Click image for larger version. 

Name:	k.jpg 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	77633O.K. the C5 and 6 are better looking cars. But the C7 looks good and its better in person. ZO6 is out, only 625hp, its supercharged and don't see them making a ZR1. But here it is: http://jalopnik.com/2015-chevrolet-c...car-1499859928

4. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Personally, I like it. I wish it were a bit more rectangular like the Cadillac's did with their little muscle cars, but over all I think it's a dang good combination of tough, stealth, and still subtle enough changes to be an obvious Corvette from almost every angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete B View Post
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Not having driven one yet, (roads up here don't seem to make the dealers want to let me take one out even though I have the GM test drive a Vette and get a free memento pass), I cannot comment at all on the headroom. I know my 85 has more driver headroom than Terri's 00. Hopefully madpoodle sits up too straight.

6. Collapse Details

The Z06 has a transmission built up the road here.

Hometown pride.

(Too tall to ride. )

7. Collapse Details

My local dealer had the last two new ones in Canada. I was set up to test drive it but the guy before me bought it. Once it was sold they couldn't let me drive it. My brother is 6"4 and 400lbs+ and he fit comfortably in a C6. We are hoping its the same for the C7, only sports car he's been comfortable in.

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    (Too tall to ride. )
    No Problem!!!

Name:	giant_in_small_car_01.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	43.0 KB 
ID:	77636

9. Collapse Details

You're gonna need a bigger hole saw...

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    You're gonna need a bigger hole saw...
    Are you saying John has a big head?????

11. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    Recently invited to spend some time behind the wheel at PBIR.
    Any chance you'll get to drive the Z06? Initial prelims are pretty dang good.....

12. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Any chance you'll get to drive the Z06? Initial prelims are pretty dang good.....
    Would love to run it. The stocker ran 142 on the back straight, I'll bet that one crushes that number!

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    It has more torque than the ZR1.....

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Published on Jan 20, 2014

When the livery of the new 2014 Corvette C7.R was introduced at the North American International Auto Show, a small contingent of personnel from Corvette Racing was on hand to witness the event. Doug Fehan, Corvette Racing's Program Manager, spoke with CorvetteBlogger about the new race car and competing in the TUDOR United Sportscar Championship series.

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I'm rooting for it in the Rolex....

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The seventh-generation Chevy Corvette is here, as its rather over-the-top Z06 version, and, making its racing debut today at the Rolex 24 in Daytona, the C7.R race car.
    Captured at the International Horseshoe corner during the first three laps of the race, these photos show the Gavin/Milner/Liddell Corvette Racing C7.R no. 4’s near-miss with the no. 54 Oreca FLM09 Prototype Challenge car of Bennett/Gue/Braun/Wilkins among other action.

The stunning racer has been designed to compete in various GT race formats including Le Mans as well as the United SportsCar Racing. Power comes from a naturally-aspirated 5.5-liter V-8 with direct fuel injection and dry sump lubrication. Chevy is keeping quiet on final power figures, though it’s almost certainly less than the estimated 625 horsepower of the Corvette Z06.

It does, however, feature similar suspension to road-going Corvettes: double wishbones but with unique control arms and coil-overs. Its brakes are unique, though, in this case steel rotors with six-piston calipers at each corner.

Oh, and the car also sports an updated version of the Jake skull logo, the Corvette Racing team’s unofficial mascot.

Stay tuned for more live Daytona coverage here at Motor Authority as the race goes on, including live photos, news, and more.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1...daytona-photos

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    New Corvette evokes old memories at Rolex 24 At Daytona
    By The Sports Xchange
    18 hours ago

By Reid Spencer

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Thirteen years ago, Dale Earnhardt's first sports car race in a Chevrolet Corvette was the last race he completed.
    Earnhardt, son Dale Earnhardt Jr., Andy Pilgrim and Kelly Collins finished fourth overall and second in the GT classification in the 2001 Rolex 24 At Daytona. A Corvette driven by Ron Fellows, Johnny O'Connell, Chris Kneifel and Franck Freon took first place overall.
    By the end of the weekend, Earnhardt had endeared himself to his teammates, thanks not only to his talent behind the wheel but also because of the indefatigable generosity of his personality. Two weeks later, Earnhardt's life was cut short in a last-lap crash in the Daytona 500, and the motorsports world mourned.
    A forceful confluence of circumstance in this year's 24-hour race at Daytona International Speedway can't help but evoke memories of the Earnhardts and 2001. A new Corvette, the C7.R, is making its competitive debut in the Rolex 24, competing in the GT Le Mans class that grew out of the merger between GRAND-AM and the American Le Mans Series.
    The first race of the newly formed TUDOR United SportsCar Championship also marks the first appearance of the Corvette CR.7 in its traditional "velocity yellow" racing paint. The significance of the Corvette debut isn't lost on IMSA president and CEO Scott Atherton, in part because of the purity of the technology transfer involved.
    "I think it goes back to the Detroit Auto Show -- the North American International Auto Show -- where they introduced both the C7 road car and the C7.R race car," Atherton said. "For us, it is the benchmark example of connecting racing technology that's being introduced and developed on the race track and then directly transferred back to the road car.
    "And to have Mark Reuss, outgoing president of General Motors, make the presentation he did and make comments that this road car has more race car DNA in it than any car (GM has) ever produced, for us as a racing platform, as I say, that is the benchmark example.
    "The fact that they're competing in the TUDOR United SportsCar Championship and back at the Rolex 24 At Daytona, it's the best of all worlds combined together into one. We're very fortunate, I think, to have a company and a car of that ilk so deeply involved."
    In fact, as Atherton spoke, Reuss was landing at Daytona, eager to watch the debut of the Corvette C7.R in person.
    Not that the Corvette wouldn't face some formidable competition from other factory-backed teams in the GTLM class in the inaugural run in the Rolex 24 for that division. SRT, for example, is returning to the Rolex after an absence of 14 years.
    "To have the factory Corvettes, the factory SRT Vipers, the factory BMWs, Ferraris, Porsches -- all of them competing in that GTLM category, all with full-blown factory-backed programs -- from a racing perspective, as a sanctioning body and an organizer, that's what you work for, to create the platform that attracts that level of talent and investment, and that's why we're so fortunate to have them all involved the way they are," Atherton said.
    Mark Kent, Chevrolet director of racing, echoed those sentiments.
    "I think if you look at the former ALMS GT class, and now the United SportsCar Series GTLM class, I think it's the fiercest production-based racing you'll see in the country, if not the world," Kent said. "The bragging rights are very important for us to go head-to-head with our showroom competitors like BMW and Porsche. It's been an amazing rivalry for years, and we look forward to that continuing."
    There won't be an Earnhardt behind the wheel this year. Jan Magnussen, Antonio Garcia and Ryan Briscoe will share driving duties in the No. 3 Corvette. Oliver Gavin, Tommy Milner and Robin Liddell will pilot the No. 4.
    The absence of star power from the NASCAR ranks, however, doesn't diminish the significance of the new Corvette's maiden run.
    "It's really exciting to introduce the new C7.R here at Daytona," Kent said. "We've got such a storied history here, going back to winning it all in 2001 with Corvette, the opportunity to have the Earnhardts drive a Corvette here at Daytona. So there's a tremendous amount of history through the years, and the new C7.R race car is just the next chapter of that history here at Daytona.
    "This is an amazing event at an amazing facility. Like the Daytona 500, we always, in NASCAR, start the series off with the Super Bowl, and we're doing that this year with a brand new car (in the Rolex 24]. It's going to be, as usual, a grueling, demanding race, but we believe we're up for the challenge, and we're looking forward to seeing what the new C7.R will do."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/corvett...9--nascar.html

18. Collapse Details

Just got a 14 convertible in with a 74k window sticker... Green automatic 3LT... 2,000 miles...$71,500
    Anybody interested?