Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Chevy Corvette: 60 years of cool

Chevy Corvette: 60 years of cool - MSN Autos
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by TURBO JET View Post
    Two very nice vettes you have there, I think I will always own a vette its in my blood. Here is my 71 350 Steel Cities Gray

Just got it back from paint hope to have it ready for summer need to make some room so I can work on it.
    looks like you got the 55-6 problem too!

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    It certainly is an interesting background to his vette pic......

4. Collapse Details

Had my 70 posted on ebay and got a lot of calls one guy wanted to trade me his rotisserie restored 71 cuda # matching I was tempted but that doesn't get me closer to a boat. But I do have a few very serious so we will see.
    That shop had a lot of classics inside in varies stages of being restored.

5. Collapse Details

I'm a Corvette,Chevy,GM guy to the core,but i do like a lot of Mopars.(obviously that 71 Cuda was'nt a convertible) Somehow some Mopars,Cuda's Challengers in particular still have a pretty firm grip on the Muscle car market.
    Oddly enough 70 Chevelles are running the market.
    Your 70 is stunning , the things i would do for a 69 red on red roadster.

6. Collapse Details

My brother's friend got a 67 427 convertible as a grad present. That was back in 88 and I've wanted one ever since. I'm building my U.S credit to buy a second house somewhere warm (likely Southern California) and have thought about leasing a Corvette to help build.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    First C7 Corvette to pass 200 MPH does it on a Texas toll road

http://www.autoblog.com/2013/12/17/f...deo/#continued

8. Collapse Details

Shelby did it last year WITHOUT NOS...

9. Collapse Details

OK, so my take on the new Vette LOL..

Recently invited to spend some time behind the wheel at PBIR. Got there early, spent some time going through the cars. First impressions of the looks from the press photos were confirmed, I am not a fan. It just looks like a poor imitation of bad Italian design, with a Camaro butt.

Inside, tight quarters for a 6'2" guy. Dash cool, sort of down in a tunnel but readable. Seats comfortable, decent support for stock seats, like my Recaro's WAY better. Not much headroom, with the addition of a helmet later I was wearing the car like a hat. Several others commented on the same issue, one guy was taking multiple pictures and talking about making aftermarket panels with more headroom.

On a tight autocross track, it runs flat, but feels bigger than my 08 Bullitt did on the same course. Power impressive, it goes well, real well. Handled the tight corners like a champ. With my head pinned to the roof it was difficult to turn it and see very far ahead, and the windshield frame interfered with my view when I did.

Our next tip was the main track. I had an automatic, let it run it's self as we had to leave the traction control on or get red flagged. Follow the leader type of run, so I hung back a bit until we had good separation so I could run it hard. (Not that I had to actually the leaders were not fooling around, but I liked the space.) Straight line acceleration was excellent. It does just get up and scoot. Brakes VERY impressive, they haul it down fast with no rumble, no chirps in the brake pedal when the ABS kicks in. GM did their homework on the drivetrain. Coming into the curves it was easy to set it up and shoot to the next one, but thats when the fun stopped. Even though it was in the track mode, the traction control was hideous. Brutal, no smoothness to it, the system just slaps you hard and makes the car feel like crap. Car sounds like it has an old time MSD rev limiter in it, the engine just cuts in and out. Very disappointed in it, it's more intrusive than BMW's which I always hated. I would love a rerun without the ATC, but that wasn't in the cards that day. Coming out of the final curve onto the back straight, you had to really line it up right if you wanted a good blast down the straight, if you cut the corner to tight the ATC would cost you a big chunk of speed. Straight line run was excellent. Maxed out over 140 on the back straight, car is rock solid and glued to the track. At the end of the straightaway the brakes once again shone as they hauled it down to cornering speed quickly.

Overall, cool car as far as performance. Drop a better body on it, it has possibilities, but as is it is not my cup of tea.

Out in the parking lot after, I found a group of the test drivers gathered round the Boss LOL. Had some interesting convo, but couldn't talk them into letting me run it on the track with a couple of their cars damn it...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20131025-00221.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	309.5 KB 
ID:	77531Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20131025-00222.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	269.9 KB 
ID:	77532Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20131025-00223.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	77533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20131025-00219.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	77534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20131025-00224.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	77535Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_0151 (Medium).JPG 
Views:	2 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	77536

10. Collapse Details

DON'T LIKE IT!!
    At first I thought it would grow on me, or one of us would like it.
    Don't like the headlights or the taillights, the quarter windows suck even worse than the first time we saw them, we wanted to like the grille, but it shouldn't have one.
    I'm sorry I don't want or like anyone badmouthing GM, but I can't find the Corvette in this car.
    I/we like Camaro's, Ferrari's, Viper's , just don't think the Corvette should look like any of them.
    Feel like they screwed the pooch on the C7 (almost glad i can't afford 1)

JMO

PONCHO, 928's are cooler than 944's

The convertible looks better, kinda? ( the mirrors look silly)), need to see it from a few more angles.
    Last edited by TUCK646; 01-05-2014 at 06:29 AM. Reason: first amendment

11. Collapse Details

I had hopes it would be better in person.

I also had hopes I would bed Farrah Fawcett in the day...

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

Have you heard anything at all about a possible ZR1 on the new C7 format? That's the one I'm waiting to hear about...

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Madpoodle View Post
    Shelby did it last year WITHOUT NOS...
    The older ZR1 did years ago.....

Short Clip

ZR1 Goes 200+ MPH! - 2009 Corvette ZR1 Top Speed Run
    Last edited by Ratickle; 01-06-2014 at 09:06 AM.

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    SportsCars: Westbrook, Corvettes Lead Way At Roar Before Rolex 24

A 1:39.748 lap time by the No. 90 Spirit of Daytona entry of Richard Westbrook was the quickest on Sunday but it was Christian Fittipaldi’s 1:38.630 lap in the No. 5 Action Express Racing Corvette DP, set in Friday’s opening session, that stood as the best of the weekend.

“It was a good test in most aspects but a little bit frustrating in others,” Fittipaldi said. “Instead of getting better, the car actually went the other way. But it is great to be on top of the time sheets.

“I am pretty sure everyone in the field is struggling right now with overall grip. All in all I think we have a solid team and a solid group of guys driving, so I am really excited to come back here for the 24 and try to win this thing.”

Corvette DPs swept the top four positions on Sunday, although it was the No. 01 Chip Ganassi Racing Riley-Ford that ended up third quickest of the weekend, thanks to Jamie McMurray’s 1:38.980 lap time on Saturday afternoon.

http://msn.foxsports.com/speed/sport...fore-rolex-24/

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Nice to see the Vettes with the fastest laps.

16. Collapse Details

Bet those that wanted Corvettes but decided to wait are glad they did. Next ZO6: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2014...n=awdailydrive

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    So if they are just announcing and releasing the Z06, it will be at least a year after that before the ZR1 comes out.

18. Collapse Details

Here a C7 with Z51, magnetic ride, 3lt, etc. is $74K, so I'm guessing the ZO6 is going to start at $85K and go up to $95K. Don't think they are going to make a ZR1 because it will be well over $100k and not many buyers in that price range.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    But $100,000 for a world-class performer is fairly reasonable. The last ZR1 beat the half-million dollar Porsches, Ferrari's etc around Nuremburg. I think it's still in the top 10 fastest laps ever there.

http://whoartnow.hubpages.com/hub/To...roduction-Cars

Yep, I checked.

20. Collapse Details

Ugliest car at the car show in Naples Fla Saturday, ayup you guessed it LOL!