Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

With that pay roll not winning a championship is failing!!! But ya the reds do ****in blow year after year, bengals as well

2. Collapse Details

It would be nice if just ONE other team played for the title every year. Just one.
    VP of Operations, GLOC's Fastest Pontoon 2009

3. Collapse Details

Other teams have not had to pay for the title. Stec you will find out about your tickets as soon as they figure out how large of a payroll they will have and how much they have to charge you go cover it. You saying that George is paying for this team is a joke. The FANS are paying for these insane saleries. All the teams do is raise the price of admision. Beleive me Boston is not with out fault in this as well. Masher should I start up the Celtics are killing everyone?

4. Collapse Details

The player salaries are WAY out of control

http://content.usatoday.com/sports/b...s/default.aspx
    football while we're at it
    http://content.usatoday.com/sports/f...s/default.aspx

5. Collapse Details

you people see it as paying for a championship.. you guys talk sh it about an owner that takes money out of his pocket and puts it back into his team.. this man does nothing but make his club better and better each year, and you guys rip old georgey boy... you all act like you just use your whole farm system all the time... all of you that have a clue about real organized baseball and just dont spew out what you hear on am radio know, what the braves had in the early 90s, and the yanks in the late 90s is a one in a lifetime event.. we as yankess fans have had this happen lots of times.. we are very lucky... but this you buy a championship is what every team does and if you think its not the way it is, your stupid..... baseball is a bussiness, the yankees take money from theirs bonus check and pump it back into the team and thats bad... its only bad cause you dont have the same amount of money as the yankees do .... they do what they can to bring championships to ny, thats why we have 4mill plus at the games each season..... you guys crack me up.... hate the yanks, but respect that the man pumps money back into his business...
    Hi, Im Dave.. Welcome, glad to have ya.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Stecz20 View Post
    you people see it as paying for a championship.. you guys talk sh it about an owner that takes money out of his pocket and puts it back into his team.. this man does nothing but make his club better and better each year, and you guys rip old georgey boy... you all act like you just use your whole farm system all the time... all of you that have a clue about real organized baseball and just dont spew out what you hear on am radio know, what the braves had in the early 90s, and the yanks in the late 90s is a one in a lifetime event.. we as yankess fans have had this happen lots of times.. we are very lucky... but this you buy a championship is what every team does and if you think its not the way it is, your stupid..... baseball is a bussiness, the yankees take money from theirs bonus check and pump it back into the team and thats bad... its only bad cause you dont have the same amount of money as the yankees do .... they do what they can to bring championships to ny, thats why we have 4mill plus at the games each season..... you guys crack me up.... hate the yanks, but respect that the man pumps money back into his business...
    you tell'em buddy.
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

7. Collapse Details

George was the second best thing to ever happen to baseball. First is when God created the Yankees.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by masher44 View Post
    George was the second best thing to ever happen to baseball. First is when God created the Yankees.
    so true
    i didnt drink steczs koolaid...

9. Collapse Details

you got that right.......

10. Collapse Details

Regarding baseball I think Selig is a moron. Personally I think the whole DH thing is a joke. They should make both leagues play by the same rules don't ya think? I mean the DH changes the entire method in which a team is built and managed. And for the overall benefit of the game they should implement a true slary cap like the NFL. I don't fault the Yankees for spending their money; but they also make more than most too. Tough to argue against parity.

BTW softball is better than baseball...becasue you drink beer while you play. Why do you think they made the ball so big? Just ask Bobcat.

11. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post
    Regarding baseball I think Selig is a moron. Personally I think the whole DH thing is a joke. They should make both leagues play by the same rules don't ya think? I mean the DH changes the entire method in which a team is built and managed. And for the overall benefit of the game they should implement a true slary cap like the NFL. I don't fault the Yankees for spending their money; but they also make more than most too. Tough to argue against parity.

BTW softball is better than baseball...becasue you drink beer while you play. Why do you think they made the ball so big? Just ask Bobcat.
    Selig is brilliant. He kept the wheels on during the steroid era and handled all that better than anyone ever imagined. DH should be in both leagues. Yankees PAY 40 million a year in revenue sharing. The other teams just put it in their pocket. There will never be a cap in baseball, union too strong. I drank when I played baseball. Not every game but A LOT of guys did.

12. Collapse Details

Selig is brilliant. He kept the wheels on during the steroid era and handled all that better than anyone ever imagined. DH should be in both leagues. Yankees PAY 40 million a year in revenue sharing. The other teams just put it in their pocket. There will never be a cap in baseball, union too strong. I drank when I played baseball. Not every game but A LOT of guys did.
    i knew a lot of guys that drank when they pitched, just a few... did you drink on your work day jimmy or only your bullpen sessions?????

13. Collapse Details

I drank when it didn't matter. Game face on

14. Collapse Details

I drank when it didn't matter. Game face on
    Hell yea
    Taking Over the World One Thread at a Time
    The Penguin Cometh

15. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Gun View Post

damn straight,
    Parabellum FJ²B

16. Collapse Details

the more the yanks spend the better baseball is. Luxury tax and revenue sharing

17. Collapse Details

$40 million total in revenue sharing divided among the other 29 teams only amounts to $1.38 mm per team. That is less than the average paid per player on all but one team (peanuts). The more the Yanks drive up the market for players the more it costs evey team and ultimately the more it costs the fans to attend. At some point it will become too much.

There may never be a full cap, but there may also be no baseball without one. Just look at what the UAW has done to the car co's.

Just as some root for the yanks because of their star power, many root against them for the same reason.

Personally I'd prefer no DH in both leagues. Diminishes the need for strategy and shortens the games. But I do understand the fans attraction to high scores.

18. Collapse Details

90 percent of the other team owners could have boned up for CC or AJ. They have more than enough money. They choose not to spend it. Don't fault George for electing to spend. Yanks are a dynasty and legacy. They were the laughing stock of sports when George bought them. He invested the money and keeps doing it for a nice return.

19. Collapse Details

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails yankees-suck3.jpg  

20. Collapse Details

Well I wish I had the time to go back through all your posts on OSO were you guys said we got A-rod your guys are done, we got Johny from the Sox you guys are done, we got..... you guys are done. Yet your team does worse and worse each year to the point that you did not even come close to making the playoffs last year. On paper you got pitching this year now lets see if you have a team. My guess is that no you do not. To many egos to control.

Stec as for your buying champions, what was the payroll of the Rays? Give me a break history shows that it does not work. Football is fantastic this year because we have so many teams that can make the playoffs it is anyones guess and you have to watch because you don't know what is up. I think that they do need a cap that means something. The tickets are insane money. While many people especially in NY and Boston are willing to pay the price of admision, many are not. The only reason that I have been to games lately is that I get them from David O. or other customers. If I had to pay... it is not worth it, stay at home and watch on the TV. Now you can not expect people in Kansas and so on to pay as much as people in NY and Boston are willing to pay, they do not make as much as we do. Average incomes are a lot lower so expecting them to pay 200 bucks for a so so ticket is unrealistic. Hell even when I get tickets free it costs over 200 bucks to go to a game with parking, beer, beer beer and hot dogs.