Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Fond Du Lac
    While at Mr Marine my good friend Jack showed up with his Apache 21 Scout. Had to take some photo's!

2. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    So cool! Congrats Phil! How does it run?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jetcruzr View Post
    So cool! Congrats Phil! How does it run?
    Thank you Jetcruzer. Ran & handled great. Came out of the hole quick and the light layup kept us dry throughout the shakedown.
    Dialing her in has been a challenge since the weather is changing daily. The true test will be when Bobby gets
    behind the wheel down here.

4. Collapse Details

Jack J Bonz and myself made history while I was in Wisconsin last weekend. Same boat, different companies were
    parked together for a special photo shoot. Jack has been an inspiration to me and we both love each others boats.
    Thank you Jack it was worth the long trip.

5. Collapse Details

OPA Nationals/World Championship weekend!

6. Collapse Details

It was a great feeling to continue the racing tradition with the smallest of the great Bob Saccenti style performance boats. The 21 Scout ran very well for it's first outing since and was admired by fellow racers and fellow boat builders.

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    And with a third on Friday, and fifth on Sunday, fourth overall for the weekend, congratulations!!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    And with a third on Friday, and fifth on Sunday, fourth overall for the weekend, congratulations!!!
    Thanks Ratickle, Ken Bird was 4th in the points going into the Championship weekend and with some help from the (Joint * Mission) Defender 21 Scout
    boat we managed to pull out a 3rd place finish for the season in the National Championship race on Friday. Although my boat is set up as a pleasure boat it was able to perform good enough to keep up with the competition. I can only imagine how it would do if it was set up for a race only boat!

9. Collapse Details

For all those who have been wondering what I've been up to... Well I'm pounding sand again overseas, this time in the "Horn of Africa. I am no longer going by "Defender Powerboats Inc." Defender Industries, Inc. boat supplies, discount marine supplies and inflatable boats" filled a trademark using the name "Defender Boats" which forced me to stop using "Defender Powerboats" since I did not have a trademark. I honestly didn't know this company sold boats, I used the word Defender because I raised my right hand multiple times for 25 years and swore to

"support and "DEFEND" the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.” Thus came the company name "DEFENDER POWERBOATS"

I have to name the company something different now but it's ok, I'll rebound from this like everything else I've been through before. Thanks to all the people who have supported me here on Serious Offshore. Keep posted for something new
    I am working on for our race and fishing enthusiasts.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That's too bad.

We could have a contest to help pick a new name!!

11. Collapse Details

Competitor / Contributor jetcruzr's Avatar
    Is there a "Patriot Powerboats"? If not, this may work.

12. Collapse Details

American Defender.
    Parabellum FJ²B

13. Collapse Details

I can't use the word defender in any way when it comes to the my boats. It would be like me trying to use the word "Apache" in any way, can't happen.

They have the trademark on their blow up boats:

http://www.defender.com/categoryBoat...282&id=1794291
    Last edited by Area188; 09-16-2016 at 10:40 PM.

14. Collapse Details

How about " American Classic" Powerboats?
    Parabellum FJ²B

15. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Patriot or American Patriot both sound pretty good.

16. Collapse Details

A rare blast from the past from Miami's legendary 188th Street. The only 22' center console Scout created by World Racing Champion, Bobby Saccenti.
    According to Bobby, the officer driving this one of a kind Interceptor was responsible for many hair raising river, bay and offshore police chases.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That looks like it would have been fun to try to outrun. (Assuming you had a boat load of questionable contraband).

18. Collapse Details

LOL, I think that police officer would have lots of cool Miami Vice like stories. Wish he would have written a book.

19. Collapse Details

For all those who have been wondering what I've been up to... Well I've been pounding sand again overseas, this time in the "Horn of Africa. I no longer go by "Defender Powerboats Inc." I am now officially "MAXIMO POWERBOATS" It took a while trying to find a name that was not officially taken or in use but after months of waiting for the US Dept of Trademarks I have the green light to build the legendary 21 Scout, stronger and lighter than it was built on Miami's "Thunderboat Row". After consulting with Powerboat Race Champion Bob Saccenti, I have decided to start a new project under the Maximo name, a project that Bob himself started long ago. A modified hull section has been layed up and I will soon begin construction of a prototype center console deck. Yes, I will be building a center console "fishing" version not a "police" boat.....to enjoy myself during the never ending South Florida fishing season...

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Cool!!