Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    You're up late, looks really good.

It is not only important for the looks it generates, it's also important for not falling off the bow in bad weather!!!!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Thanks Ratickle, it's just work in progress and yes safety is always in mind at Defender Powerboats Inc.

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    This one is probably a handful!! Can't wait to see that kind of power on your new layup!!!

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/30112

Here is a beautiful 1995 21' Apache Scout.
    One of the last real Apaches! Own a small piece of the legend!
    2007 - 300HP Mercury Optimax with Sportmaster lower unit
    Stainless 15 x 26 four blade Merc Racing Prop
    SeaStar Hydraulic Steering
    OMC Jack plate
    Bennett Trim Tabs
    1995 Freed Dual Axle Trailer with four new tires and rims
    Cockpit Cover and Storage Cover
    Boat is in extremely good condition, very few minor cosmetic flaws! No rips on the interior.
    I LOVE THIS BOAT! But, moving to Florida so wife wants a big center console for fishing!
    My loss - her gain! Come see for yourself!

4. Collapse Details

Wow, It sure is a handful and whoever buys it should know how to drive her.
    The new layup used is considerably lighter than the one used back in 1995.
    That being said, you can see the same performance with a lesser HP engine.
    The new 21 Scout max HP rating is 250. But history has shown us that we humans
    want to go faster than someone else.

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I was wondering what your max HP rating would be from the CG. And you just happen to be working side-by-side with one of those "faster than someone else" guys.....

6. Collapse Details

LOL, I am taking the HP rating advice from the "Legend" himself. I have seen Scouts with 300's and 200's. I went with a 200Hp on my boat and have been told it should run in the low 70mph range. For a "Demo" boat that's fun ride....

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That 200 is a good engine. There is quite a bit of hope the Stock Outboard guys will switch to that engine. Rumor has it there is already one race boat being built just to be ready for the smaller engine.

8. Collapse Details

I hear that. With so much R&D done on the Opti. series engines it's no surprise the racers trust in their reliability. I will be posting what kinds of speeds we get with mine.

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    It will certainly be interesting to hear. Everyone is waiting......

10. Collapse Details

Question: Is anyone else making 21s from the Scout molds, or is Defender the sole home of the scout molds and all future brand iterations from the original Apache molds?

(If I missed this earlier, I apologize)

11. Collapse Details

Hi Fund Razor. Can you please explain the confusion?

12. Collapse Details

I was unaware whether there have been other splashes (Probably an unfair term) or brand iterations (meaning old molds, new name). I was curious whether all future boats based on the Apache 21 Scout mold would be made by Defender, or whether there were others in the past, present, or future position to make 21s in the design of the scout.

I'm just bringing myself up to speed. As an Apache owner, I've tried to follow all the various iterations, like Cherokee 28, the White Lightning 41, Saber 41 the Pantera 41 etc. I just don't know much about who has made 21s and if anyone else ever will.

Once again, if this has been covered, I apologize for my ignorance.

13. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    I was unaware whether there have been other splashes (Probably an unfair term) or brand iterations (meaning old molds, new name). I was curious whether all future boats based on the Apache 21 Scout mold would be made by Defender, or whether there were others in the past, present, or future position to make 21s in the design of the scout.

I'm just bringing myself up to speed. As an Apache owner, I've tried to follow all the various iterations, like Cherokee 28, the White Lightning 41, Saber 41 the Pantera 41 etc. I just don't know much about who has made 21s and if anyone else ever will.

Once again, if this has been covered, I apologize for my ignorance.
    No need to apologize, I'll be glad to explain in a nutshell: The story I got from the originator himself Bob Saccenti was that the molds were sent to Century Boats from Apache on a trading deal. The Scout boats were then built by Century but still called Apache's 21 Scouts while Bob still retained the Apache name. The molds ended being auctioned off and ended up in Georgia where I found them on the internet, called the owner, made the sales deal, bought them and brought them back to Miami. I contacted Bobby S. set up a meet with him and showed him the molds, he was happy to see his little Apache 21' Scout back in Miami. I have consulted with him in building my first boat. I did a lease deal with Chief Powerboats and the boat is at Lake of the Ozarks. My company name came from what I did for over 25 years of my life, defender our country from enemies foreign and domestic. I am a 25 year US Air Force Veteran with also over 5 years as a contractor working on the MQ-1 Predator drone in not so nice countries.
    The boat I am building is my "demo" boat and should be finished in a few months. As far as any other people building Scouts, I don't know of anyone building any from an original "Apache" mold made by Bobby S. There might be a "splash" out there, anything is possible but I know my molds are the real deal and have been authenticated by the "Chief" himself.

I will continue the tradition started by the founder, Bob Saccenti and build "rough water ready" powerboats.

BTW, your 28 Apache looks fantastic!

Phil Vargas/President
    Defender Powerboats Inc.

14. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Area188 View Post
    No need to apologize, I'll be glad to explain in a nutshell: The story I got from the originator himself Bob Saccenti was that the molds were sent to Century Boats from Apache on a trading deal. The Scout boats were then built by Century but still called Apache's 21 Scouts while Bob still retained the Apache name. The molds ended being auctioned off and ended up in Georgia where I found them on the internet, called the owner, made the sales deal, bought them and brought them back to Miami. I contacted Bobby S. set up a meet with him and showed him the molds, he was happy to see his little Apache 21' Scout back in Miami. I have consulted with him in building my first boat. I did a lease deal with Chief Powerboats and the boat is at Lake of the Ozarks. My company name came from what I did for over 25 years of my life, defender our country from enemies foreign and domestic. I am a 25 year US Air Force Veteran with also over 5 years as a contractor working on the MQ-1 Predator drone in not so nice countries.
    The boat I am building is my "demo" boat and should be finished in a few months. As far as any other people building Scouts, I don't know of anyone building any from an original "Apache" mold made by Bobby S. There might be a "splash" out there, anything is possible but I know my molds are the real deal and have been authenticated by the "Chief" himself.

I will continue the tradition started by the founder, Bob Saccenti and build "rough water ready" powerboats.

BTW, your 28 Apache looks fantastic!

Phil Vargas/President
    Defender Powerboats Inc.
    Thanks Phil. And especially thanks for your service. I did catch the origin of the Defender name, and I hope I thanked you then as well.
    I'm the son of a Korean War vet, wounded in action. You'll never meet a guy who is more grateful for what our service men and women do for our country.

Checking my understanding: You own the molds, nobody else is making 21s from this design that we are aware of, and the demo boat is at Loto?
    Is Chief like a distributor? (I may have missed a turn between molds in Miami and the boat being at LOTO.)

Again, if I am out of bounds with my curiosity, forgive me. I have no agenda. Just learning.
    My aim is nothing more than our conversation and my interest. This isn't one of those internet forum "gotcha" deals.

15. Collapse Details

I too am the son of a Korean Veteran and thank you for your gratitude. The boat in LOTO is a Chief 21 Scout and belongs to Chief Powerboats. I did a lease deal with Chief Powerboats and their boat is at Lake of the Ozarks. The one I am building in Miami is my demo boat. Both boats came from the same mold. There were different deck versions built by Apache and mine is the last design created by Bobby S. I posted some vintage Scout ads you might have seen before, the mold I own built the boat in the colorful ad. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Area188; 08-24-2014 at 11:14 PM.

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    Thanks Phil. And especially thanks for your service. I did catch the origin of the Defender name, and I hope I thanked you then as well.
    I'm the son of a Korean War vet, wounded in action. You'll never meet a guy who is more grateful for what our service men and women do for our country.

Checking my understanding: You own the molds, nobody else is making 21s from this design that we are aware of, and the demo boat is at Loto?
    Is Chief like a distributor? (I may have missed a turn between molds in Miami and the boat being at LOTO.)

Again, if I am out of bounds with my curiosity, forgive me. I have no agenda. Just learning.
    My aim is nothing more than our conversation and my interest. This isn't one of those internet forum "gotcha" deals.
    As far as your question about Chief being a distributor, no they're not. They asked if they could add a Scout to their product line to see how it would sell at LOTO.

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Is the one at LOTO powered identical to yours?

18. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Is the one at LOTO powered identical to yours?
    To the best of my knowledge the Chief 21 Scout has not been powered or rigged yet.

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Too bad, we need one out there showing what they can do.

Any idea how many original Apache 21's were made, not the Century's?

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Too bad, we need one out there showing what they can do.

Any idea how many original Apache 21's were made, not the Century's?
    Great question! I'll have to ask Bobby S. Maybe he kept a tally.