Page 2 of 68 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 52 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1341
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #21
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,368
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Why gun stocks soared after Obama's win.

    In a repeat of 2008, traders anticipated an increase in firearm sales after the election.

    By Kim Peterson 10 hours ago

    In a reaction that surprised absolutely no one, investors rushed into gun stocks after President Barack Obama's win, expecting firearm sales to soar soon.

    Gun makers Smith & Wesson Holding (SWHC +3.76%) and Sturm Ruger (RGR +4.24%) rose sharply Wednesday in a repeat of sorts of the response to Obama's first presidential victory in 2008. Gun stocks have performed well over the four years of Obama's term. Sturm Ruger, for example, rose from $7.04 on Election Day in 2008 to $47.68 Wednesday, Reuters reported.

    Why gun stocks soared after Obama's win- MSN Money
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #22
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,368
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Most Popular
    #1. Where to put your money now that Obama has won?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #23
    Registered rschap1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    murray lake lowell mi
    Posts
    3,228
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    powerball tickets??
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #24
    Charter Member clayinaustin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    2,717
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkerer View Post
    If the republicans changed their thinking on those things you mentioned then they would be Democrats. NOT who I would vote for.
    This election was ONLY about the difference between the ignorant and the intelligent. Those that work for a living and those that live off others hard work.
    If the Republicans changed their position on immigration reform, marijuana, gay marriage, and abortion, they would not be Democrats. They would be Libertarians!

    Calling people ignorant will not get them to vote for a Fiscal conservative candidate. However they will vote for a Fiscal conservative candidate who shares their popular Social views.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #25

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Homeless in West Mich
    Posts
    1,928
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    How about a few days later and can i explain because i an so tired of all the previous adds on TV one bashing the other , phone calls on who to vote for........... or what proposal's to vote for weather it be yes or no , and not to mention all the $hit i got thru the mail , and now after the election , and all the votes are in ......................................... just a few still want to whine and bitch about political bull$hit , and how pathetic is that ........................................give it up ....please because this is a boating forum which is comming from a person who is very tired of hearing all this political BULL$HIT & rant . Just my 2 cents .
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #26
    Founding Member fund razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Nasty
    Posts
    12,006
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    How about a few days later and can i explain because i an so tired of all the previous adds on TV one bashing the other , phone calls on who to vote for........... or what proposal's to vote for weather it be yes or no , and not to mention all the $hit i got thru the mail , and now after the election , and all the votes are in ......................................... just a few still want to whine and bitch about political bull$hit , and how pathetic it is ........................................give it up ....please because this is a boating forum comming from a person who is very tired of hearing all this political BULL$HIT & rant . Just my 2 cents .
    This is a boating forum. There is a boating section. There is a bar. You are in the bar. You clicked on this thread.
    Questions?
    Last edited by fund razor; 11-08-2012 at 08:10 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Homeless in West Mich
    Posts
    1,928
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Personally i could care less if it is the Bar or whatever , because if something catches my eye so be it QUESTIONS ? Just curious why did you have to come back and edit ..?
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #28
    Founding Member fund razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Nasty
    Posts
    12,006
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Personally i could care less if it is the Bar or whatever , because if something catches my eye so be it . QUESTIONS ?
    You CHOSE to come on this thread and then used the fact that this was a boating forum as a basis for your argument on the rant that you just launched.
    I was reminding you that you are in the NON BOATING section of the forum, and that you had a choice not to click.

    The choice not to click also differentiates our little thread here from the examples that you gave of TV ads, phone calls, and mail, which came to you without your choice.

    Do we really need to do this?
    Are you really going to get nasty with me because you don't like the subject of a thread that you did not start and are not required to read because you are tired of people bugging you about it?

    Do you visit your neighbors house and complain about their drapes?

    This is a classic case of "if you don't like it, don't click it. If you clicked it and you don't like it, click out."
    It is foolish to flex on me like I am off-base. Check yourself.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #29

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Homeless in West Mich
    Posts
    1,928
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Here we go ,and do i complain about the drapes at my neighbors house ................. hell no because i could give a $hit right down to the toliet paper they use to wipe there a$$ .....................................................................

    Edit

    Ha Ha , and to answer your question about getting nasty about the subject ...............we are all in titled to are opinions regardless of what you think , and do we really need to do this ........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not really but that is up to you . Once again , i really could give a fat Rats A$$ ..............Out .
    Last edited by Ratickle; 11-08-2012 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Doesn't Belong,
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #30
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,368
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Mt A$$ isn't all that fat.....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  11. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Registered TUCK646's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phila./Key Largo
    Posts
    465
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by fund razor View Post
    What is "light my fuse," Alex?
    Alex is almost dead.
    Fund could get his job ”
    Reply With Quote
     

  12. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Registered TUCK646's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phila./Key Largo
    Posts
    465
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by rschap1 View Post
    powerball tickets??
    Impossiball tickets / in a bag under your bed/ in a fake fuel tank in your boat/s
    Anywhere but the stump,I mean stoop,I mean stock market. !”!

    If I was a struggling country , not very honest/smart country,I think I might rob, my impossiball piggybank any time I felt like it. JMO !!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  13. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Registered TUCK646's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phila./Key Largo
    Posts
    465
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    I'm thinking about not dwelling on it.
    Thinking I'm gonna keep doing what I do best and hope somebody does the deed , but you can't take Bama w/o taking Joe JMO.
    Reply With Quote
     

  14. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Registered TUCK646's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phila./Key Largo
    Posts
    465
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    @ Fund/Buoy « a little Revo!#$?/„© every now and then is a ¬ TJ©
    Reply With Quote
     

  15. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Registered TUCK646's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phila./Key Largo
    Posts
    465
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Alex has a 42' OL GTX, hasn't been off the lift in 4 yrs.
    Reply With Quote
     

  16. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Founding Member fund razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Nasty
    Posts
    12,006
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Here we go ,and do i complain about the drapes at my neighbors house ................. hell no because i could give a $hit right down to the toliet paper they use to wipe there a$$ .....................................................................

    Edit

    Ha Ha , and to answer your question about getting nasty about the subject ...............we are all in titled to are opinions regardless of what you think , and do we really need to do this ........................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm not really but that is up to you . Once again , i really could give a fat Rats A$$ ..............Out .
    If you don't go to your neighbors house and complain about their drapes, don't go on somebody else's thread and complain about the subject of the thread. Don't go into the non-boating section and whine that the subject of a thread is not boating. This is simple stuff. Forum 101.
    This is not my rule, this is simple forum etiquette. I know, you could give a rat's a$$ about forum etiquette, or any etiquette for that matter.

    Besides, you are bringing a butter knife to a gunfight. Cut your losses.
    Make a wise and sober choice not to continue to attempt to defend an indefensible point against a person with a better command of the language on their home court.
    Reply With Quote
     

  17. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Registered
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by TUCK646 View Post
    Alex has a 42' OL GTX, hasn't been off the lift in 4 yrs.
    So, including the lifts in his shoes, he has at least three.
    Reply With Quote
     

  18. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    31,368
    Blog Entries
    35
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Quote Originally Posted by clayinaustin View Post
    If the Republicans changed their position on immigration reform, marijuana, gay marriage, and abortion, they would not be Democrats. They would be Libertarians!

    Calling people ignorant will not get them to vote for a Fiscal conservative candidate. However they will vote for a Fiscal conservative candidate who shares their popular Social views.
    But, the problem does not lie with most of the people, (non-career), who are politicians I believe. The issue seems to be the media's reporting of the issues. For examples;

    1. The Benghazi issue where we, sworn under oath in Congress, decided to let Americans die (under oath the rescuers were in the air and ready to take action). The only reason that makes sense is to create an opportunity for the President to look Presidential. Unfortunately, some of them lived because an ex Navy Seal decided to dis-obey orders. This one is not over, unless it continues to be swept under the rug for Obama's sake.
    2. Jobs lost to China. That was an exuctive order by Bill Clinton in 1993 which cost this country millions of jobs, trillions of dollars, and yet the democrats seem to get away with saying that Romney sent jobs to foreign countries??? For this Billy got millions in donations to his election campaigns and his charity from the Chinese.
    3. Jobs lost to Mexico. Again, NAFTA was endorsed and signed into law by the defender of the jobless, Bill Clinton in 1993.
    4. Housing market crises and collapse. Again, in 1993, our buddy Bill Clinton worked to revise the Community Reinvestment Act to require less down payment, less oversite, across state line lending, and with his earlier change in 1991 of requiring both Fannie May and Freddie Mac to use a larger portion of their lending to low income people, was the root cause of the entire housing collapse. The leader of the Cato Institute testified those issues would result before Congress in 1995, and they did.
    5. The "I inheirited this mess from Bush" BS. There was nothing inheirited from Bush except our participation in a stupid war we should not have started in Iraq. The housing crises was caused by Clinton and the loss of jobs to China and Mexico was caused by Clinton.
    6. The stock market collapse in 2007. For some reason they seem to think that this was caused by Bush also? It was caused by entirely by Obama's election. The day after he won the election in 2007, the market tanked 361 points, and did not stop tanking until March of 2008. It went from about 13,600 to about 6623 in that time frame. (sound familiar to what has happened the last two days after his re-election?). The first day drop then was 360.92 points, the first day drop after his re-election was what? Anyway, that drop was caused by two things, the housing market collapse and the election of Obama, combined with the Senate and House also being Democrat. People who run businesses are not stupid, they understood that the policies the Dems were promoting would hurt business ability to compete with overseas companies. They understood that they would either have to move operations offshore, or go out of business. So, the plans implemented at the time of Obama's election by businesses started the loss of jobs, and the decline of the market, here in the US. It did not stop declining until the Republicans took over the house in 2008 so there would be road-blocks in place to slow down the socialist agenda causng the decline of prosperity in the US. That Republican Congress is our only current hope for stopping the same type of decline this time.
    Last edited by Ratickle; 11-09-2012 at 02:04 PM.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!
    Reply With Quote
     

  19. Collapse Details
     
     

  20. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    Registered poncho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    1,897
    My Feedback

    (0% Positive Feedback)
    Last edited by poncho; 11-09-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •