1. Collapse Details
    HARDY PARTY WHEN IT ALL BEGAN
    Does anyone remember the 1st Hardy Party? I do as I was there along with Tom Earhart, Gary James, Casey Fleastra, John Haas, Doug Kaamaraad, Steve Amoto And many more of the fast drag boat guys from Gun Lake. I believe the 1st year was 1981-1982 when we were all getting chased down by the Sheriff on Gun Lake for speed and noise. 55mph was the speed limit and if you were racing anyone you were chased down and got a ticket. So along comes a guy to Gun Lake who has this black and orange flat bottm drag boat with a name on it called "Trick or Treat". His name was Talbot (cant remember his 1st name) and he was looking to race the fastest boats on the lake namely Tom Earhart but there was the same old problem! the cops were out in force and as soon as he fired it up at the landing there they were telling him to put back on the trailer. Being that it was Laborday weekend he said to all of us hey come up to my place next weekend at Hardy Dam as the cops go home after this weekend and we can race all we want with no speed or noise restrictions all weekend. Well we did and had some of the most fun ever with all the Fast Drag Boats. The racing was incredible and I'm not sure but I believe the Trick or Treat boat walked away with all the Gold and glory that weekend (it may have been Earhart my memory is slipping) however it started the competion as every year the race for Top Dog was alot of guys wanting to grab that title and I got to say we sure had fun. Every year since then it seemed to grow as more boaters heard about it and came to watch the action or try for the Top Dog title. Then it grabbed some magazine coverage and it wasnt just the Gun Lake Gang against the world it was a party and out came the live music the corporate advertizing, the dancing girls, showing all for beads and "Holy-Crap" we have a party!!!! But now, once again along came the cops and the all the go-fast rules. Anyone with more names and info on the Old Gun Lake gang please fill in their names and boats as there were some Bad Ass boats back then, Hydros, Jets, Flat bottoms, Tunnel bottoms, Hydro streams, skaters. Outboards, V8's, Blowers, alchol injection, nitrous, you name and it, it was tried.

2. Collapse Details

Post some pics !!!
    Parabellum FJ²B

3. Collapse Details

I too remember those days. I was running one of these and fooling a Lot of guys.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vcm_s_kf_repr_758x380.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	39.7 KB 
ID:	74458

4. Collapse Details

Was the guys name Bob Talbot?

5. Collapse Details

That is his name, Bob Talbot. Trick or Treat boat was really cool. I recently moved and I'm looking for some pics. anybody else have any?

6. Collapse Details

Was it in HotBoat Magazine ? It rings a bell.
    Parabellum FJ²B

7. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    There was a Trick or Treat dragboat in Texas way back? Same one?

Pair-A-Dice Racing
    #770 Trick or Treat Drag

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Trick or Treat Drag Boat.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	74460

Name:	trick or treat.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	74461
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

8. Collapse Details

I had always heard of it being a "checkmate" reunion when I first heard of it...
    must have been early 90s
    Post some more pics of those Cary motors

9. Collapse Details

That is not Bob's boat. If memory serves me his boat would do 138 MPH. He used to like to give thrill rides to the well endowed girls. Never forget the time this BIG busted girl askes for a ride and BOB tells her to find a jacket to put on. ( it was hot out ) she couldn't understand why she needed a jacket. went without one. Bob made a pass by the beach at the cove at about 100. You could hear her screem. He then made anouther pass and stood on it. as usuall the top went to her waist. ( My Glastron would do this at 90.) Everyone on the beach got a good view when he made a slow pass on the way back.

10. Collapse Details

Your right thats not Bob's boat. His was black with candy orange panels and had a lot of chrome and a top fuel wing. I wonder where it is today? Hiddin away in the back of a garage? Anyone know where Bob is these days?

11. Collapse Details

I have only been going since 2001, but it is great to meet and talk with some of the people up there that started it all.

12. Collapse Details

This being my first year there, I was surprised to see how big it was and how it literally takes over every campground in the area. I was lucky to know some of the veterans and have my hand held

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Too bad the weather wasn't the best this year. Last year it was incredible.

Sounded like a great turnout anyway....

14. Collapse Details

This is a very old thread, but I thought I would share that I found "Trick or Treat" in a garage at a house on Gun Lake I'm buying. It looks like it has been sitting for a while and is missing plug wires and a few other small parts but mostly intact. I heard that it had been bought and sold a few times since its Hot Boat days. I don't know who exactly owns it, but the man that owned the house passed away about 5 years ago. It may come up for sale, although I asked the family via the realtor and got no answer.

15. Collapse Details

pics!!!

16. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Cool!!

Where at on Gun Lake. I used to live on Pickerel Cove on the lake.....

17. Collapse Details

I don't have pics. I will try to get some. The new house is on Robbin's Bay.

18. Collapse Details

Name:	duck.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	171.1 KB 
ID:	80931 Not anything to do with this thread. Just a lost boat that resurfaced.The Lucky Duck was on Lake Charlevoix in the early 80's. Towed back to Detroitand and lost for years. Local guy found it and brought it back up. Tom put it on the street for Boyne Thunder last year. Nasty boat!!

19. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    That boat is one of the coolest boats there is. We were at lunch the other day with the Skater guys and chatting about it.

I still want to drive it!!!!!!!