1. Collapse Details
    Rough cost of a new paint job
    Any idea (ballpark) what a high quality paint job would run on a 43 XC. No fiberglass repair needed, and my tastes are on the simple side. Even having a rough range would be helpful

2. Collapse Details

Steve , the bottom line is a good paint job depends on just how much you really want to spend or how much your pocket book / wallet will bare , and for starters i have the total approximate paint cost of speed racer which was ( $50.000 ) along with a few others that i will try to post just to give you a general idea .

3. Collapse Details

Roughly, one arm, one leg, one eye, and your two front teeth. sorry, i couldn't resist. Youch ĦĦthat is alot of boat an economical paint on that, depresses me

wrap that rascal? .
    Last edited by TUCK646; 09-22-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Youch!!

4. Collapse Details

Thanks for the response. I'm definitely not looking/thinking of anything with the detail of speed racer.

5. Collapse Details

Steve without trying to pry just what are you l@@king for plain Jane or .........................?

6. Collapse Details

Not sure Ginger. I've been looking for a BT to purchase for a few months. Ive seen a few nice ones for sale but for one reason or another haven't been able to find the right one. I'm looking at one tomorrow that I've done a quick drive by on, and I really don't like the graphics. Otherwise the boat is really clean, has the right power set up, is in the right price range, etc.

To give you a sense of my tastes; if you go to the new BT website/photo tab among the first course pics you'll see a white one, with red and black graphics. I like that a lot. The design is eye catching, sporty, but not too wild. I'll look around and see if I can come up with a couple other examples. Thanks for your interest

7. Collapse Details

Just scrolled through some past pics posted here. In the "pics" thread on page 3, most of those are my style/taste. So, nothing as elaborate as Speed Racer, monopoly, etc ---- but also not plain. More of a sporty look, racing style graphics (checker board etc), and colors that will stand the test of time. Does that help?

8. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewy View Post
    Just scrolled through some past pics posted here. In the "pics" thread on page 3, most of those are my style/taste. So, nothing as elaborate as Speed Racer, monopoly, etc ---- but also not plain. More of a sporty look, racing style graphics (checker board etc), and colors that will stand the test of time. Does that help?
    This Page?

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...61-pics-3.html
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

9. Collapse Details

Yup

10. Collapse Details

So what was final number on this ??