Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by B.Z. View Post
    now that's some funny stuff right there...very TRUE

From the sound of it, our 31st dock party with DJ, venetian festivities , empty handles of vodka , urine soaked shorts(BZ you can relate), 4 800hp dry pipe engines doing 6000rpm revs side by side with flames shooting out the pipes(yes, fire) at 1030pm with entire harbor cheering and loving it , Dancing, and all kinds of fun antics, waking up on my couch at home and peddle biking in flip flops to get bfast fo my company, I have no regrets, other than missin some of my other boatin homies

Maybe next year I'll make the races.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Had a chat with a couple of the racers that were at Michigan City. Basically there was one drowning and at least one more possibly missing right at noon on Sunday. All safety and rescue personel were working on those issues, and there was no way there would have been any quick response at all if they had started the race and an issue would have occured. Safety first has to be the plan. It wasn't that the water was unraceable, there were missing people they were searching for and almost all safety assets were being used for other purposes.

I'll do some more chatting and see if they have any possibility of a backup plan for future events. I do not have any idea how you would prepare for a drowning and another missing though...
    Last edited by Ratickle; 08-08-2012 at 10:01 PM.
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER View Post
    Hello, welcome to the club. You should meet us up sometime and introduce yourself.