1. Collapse Details
    Update - Jenn Gibbons - Row4Row.Org
    I have been following Jenn via facebook for several weeks supporting her cause and wanted those of you that have also been following Jenn and her rowing journey around Lake Michigan to raise money and awareness for breast cancer to know that something happened early Sunday AM... This is a copy from row4row.org. Share on facebook, twitter, or Google to help catch this person!!!!

Unfortunately, the Row4ROW team has some sad news to report and we need your help.

Jenn was set to row to Beaver Island on Sunday morning but was attacked and sexually assaulted by a man in the early morning hours. The attack occurred in an area south of Gulliver along Lake Michigan in Mueller Township, Schoolcraft County, Mich. Investigators have reason to believe the assailant traveled a significant distance to commit the assault. The suspect is described as a white male in his 30s, approximately 5’8” to 6’ tall, with a fair amount of facial stubble hair, but not a full beard nor mustache. The man has light eyes, an average to athletic build and shorter well-kept hair. He was wearing a grayish green t-shirt, jean shorts and tennis shoes. A bright yellow Jeep Wrangler was seen in the area. It has a spare tire on the back with a yellow smiley face on it. Investigators are seeking information about this vehicle. Anyone with information or investigative leads please call the Michigan State Police toll-free at 1-866-411-0018.

Please know that Jenn is safe and in good hands. A statement from her about the trip and future plans will be made very soon. Please re-post this information and help us find this criminal.

Thank you for your continued support of Row4ROW.

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I heard about that, really pizzes me off. F'n scum!

She is originally from Battle Creek, MI (where my wife is from), and was doing this to support a really good cause. I shot emails off to those I know up there. I hope like heck they find this ass!
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Stunned and outraged.

Was this attack made easier by the fact that certain sociopaths use the internet to stalk others? They say that he traveled a distance. She probably was not safe having the trip details posted and sleeping in the boat alone.

I hope they find him.

Hope she is ok, although that is asking a lot considering the circumstances.

4. Collapse Details

She has posted an update on her facebook page and on row4row.org.... she is keeping her head up and staying strong. Very tough this one is...

5. Collapse Details

Saw that on WOODtv8's website this morning.
    Very sad.
    What a POS to do something like that. Hope that they find the suspect.
    Incredible that she can carry on and stay as strong as she is. Gotta hand it to her!!!

6. Collapse Details

time 4 a good O'l fashioned sack skinning party!! pos

7. Collapse Details

Small hole and a bag of lime for that F*cker.
    Parabellum FJ²B

8. Collapse Details

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I've not heard where they have identified the azz yet, but she must be one heck of a lady...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jenn-gibbons.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	56.3 KB 
ID:	74078

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I hope you guys got a chance to welcome her home. Too bad they haven't caught the azz yet...

Congratulations on a long trip, and the guts to finish it...

CHICAGO — Jenn Gibbons wanted to control her emotions when she rowed into Chicago, determined to complete her 1,500-mile trip around Lake Michigan despite being sexually assaulted aboard her boat in Michigan’s Upper Peninsula nearly a month ago.

But when she saw her supporters waving and cheering from the shore Tuesday, including the cancer survivors for whom she was rowing, the toughness that pulled her through the waves and the emotions began to melt.

“I was smiling, then I was happy, then I started crying when I saw the team,” she said, referring to Recovery on Water, or ROW, the rowing team she co-founded for breast cancer survivors that promotes exercise to reduce the chance of reoccurrence.

Jenn Gibbons finishes 1,500-mile trip around Lake Michigan | Green Bay Press Gazette | greenbaypressgazette.com

11. Collapse Details

very cool
    People we meet in life are either a Blessing or a Lesson