Thread: FML.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Collapse Details
    FML.
    Not exactly what i was hoping for.

Put boat in water last week on the river, man, was i excited. Got it up on plane, all systems check out good. Run in for a few minutes at cruise, and give it the beans. Wow!!! I thought! Accelerates like a SOB, and even on the flat river with not much trim, speedo hit low 80's in a short time. Sweet!

Got a bunch of little things done in time for another test run saturday with a different set of props. Idled out of hammond, get on plane, cruise at 3000-3500, and I get a wiff of a oil smell. Hmm, shut it down, open hatches, and yikes!!!! Milkshake sprayed out the starboard dipstick! WTF.

Get it home and notice water on #8 plug. It was too late saturday to tear it all down, and keith and I decided to leave it till the next day, and go enjoy a bbq and cocktails. Needless to say i was chewing on my fingers all night thinking about it. I kept really beating myself up over it. I thought, "WTF, I maybe I should stick to driving a truck, and not building engines!!! Who am I to give anyone advice, when my F'n motor didnt last an hour!".

Yesterday I couldnt wait to tear into it. Capped the engine water outlets and pressurized the block with water. Water poured out #8 plug hole. I thought, man, maybe I smoked a head gasket??? So, I yanked it all apart and pulled that head off. Only to find the gasket intact, but a cracked cylinder wall!!!

So now I get to yank that motor, tear it all apart, and go thru this $hit all over again. Not exactly what I was hoping this season to be like. The only thing that makes me feel a tad better, is this was'nt something I F'd up. I was really ready to throw away all my tools and stick to washing the boat and keeping the beer cold. See ya in July.....hopefully.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails frg33.jpg