Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    looking for a BT
    I'm in the market for a 2000 43 BT with the extended cabin. Cash deal, am able to go around $100K. Anyone know of anything available?

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Welcome, so you mean the extended cockpit I think?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

How about a 06 or 07 43? May know of one sitting not sure on the year though.

4. Collapse Details

Thanks John --- I'm typing faster than thinking. Yes, I meant cockpit. I'd love a 06 or 07 but I'm sure way out of my price range. Currently, I have a 33 Bertram cruiser and a Powerquest 280. My goal is to go from 2 boats to 1. I love the BT and the cabin works for my wife. I can see there aren't many Thunders made and few available, so, I may not be able to find one that fits my price and tastes, but think it's worth a try. Thanks for the response

5. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Currently, the most interesting one out there I know of, is the one at National.....

It says a GT, but it is obviously an EC. Here's the link and some info clips...

2001 Black Thunder 430 GT for sale | Cleveland, OH

2001 Black Thunder 430 GT For Sale In Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Call
    List Price $99,000 | Stock Number: 29233 | Status: In Stock

Loud, fast, style, comfort and eye appeal are just a few words to describe this Black Thunder. She offers four drop bolsters in her cock pit with an aft bench and molded in steps port to get on her bow. Built with a cabin offering more then six foot of head room, full galley and head and private forward birth. facing sette seats offer storage underneath and plush ultra leather covering.

OH

NATIONAL STOCK # 29233

PLEASE CALL THE CLEVELAND OFFICE AT (216) 391-1900 OR EMAIL US AT INFO@NATLIQ.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS ON THIS VESSEL. THE PRICE LISTED IS THE SUGGESTED SALE PRICE OF THIS VESSEL. IT MAY SELL FOR MORE OR LESS, ALL OFFERS WILL BE SENT TO THE SELLER WHO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT, COUNTER OR REJECT.

NATIONAL STOCK # 29233

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    Currently, the most interesting one out there I know of, is the one at National.....

It says a GT, but it is obviously an EC. Here's the link and some info clips...

2001 Black Thunder 430 GT for sale | Cleveland, OH

2001 Black Thunder 430 GT For Sale In Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Call
    List Price $99,000 | Stock Number: 29233 | Status: In Stock

Loud, fast, style, comfort and eye appeal are just a few words to describe this Black Thunder. She offers four drop bolsters in her cock pit with an aft bench and molded in steps port to get on her bow. Built with a cabin offering more then six foot of head room, full galley and head and private forward birth. facing sette seats offer storage underneath and plush ultra leather covering.

OH

NATIONAL STOCK # 29233

PLEASE CALL THE CLEVELAND OFFICE AT (216) 391-1900 OR EMAIL US AT INFO@NATLIQ.COM FOR MORE INFORMATION AND DETAILS ON THIS VESSEL. THE PRICE LISTED IS THE SUGGESTED SALE PRICE OF THIS VESSEL. IT MAY SELL FOR MORE OR LESS, ALL OFFERS WILL BE SENT TO THE SELLER WHO RESERVES THE RIGHT TO ACCEPT, COUNTER OR REJECT.

NATIONAL STOCK # 29233
    Yea, that is an interesting one. I had seen it online before. I really don't like the double row of bolsters and im not sure you can convert it to the more conventional 2 + 1 single row. It's also carb and I like Efi but that's no deal breaker

7. Collapse Details

It is EFI. Those are 575 sci. They have two GM tbi per engine. Should be easy to change layout. I've seen them set up a couple different ways. Mine has 3 then 2 then bench.

8. Collapse Details

Thanks. You can't really tell by the photo but it looks pretty tight to move on bolster up. I thought maybe the "GT" had less than the 9' 6" beam. If that change can be easily made I may be interested in that one.

On the downside; I had a deal in place to sell my cruiser but it fell apart last night. Bummer . Oh well, I'll just keep it listed.

I'm really geeked on the thunder. Looks like the perfect boat for my needs. I've heard they are really tough on drives. What ate some experiences or advice from other owners?

9. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The boat for sale is NOT a GT. The Gt is the flatdeck version, like Coolermans.

On the EC, they were only twin engine optioned, and therefore the engine compartment is shorter. That's where the extra cockpit room came from.

If you look at this pic of the boat,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BT 2001 National.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	73931

You can see where the deck/hull rubrail line has a raised deck above it.

If you look at this pic of a GT,

Name:	BT 2003 430 GT.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	114.1 KB 
ID:	73932

You can see where the deck above the rubrail line is barely above the deck/hull attachment point.

I assume this is the configuration you are looking for? This is the one in Michigan for 139,000 I think currently.

Name:	BT 430 XC MI.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	40.6 KB 
ID:	73933

Changing the other one to match this would not be all that difficult if that is what you are looking for.

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    The only negative on the extended cockpit version, in my humble opinion, you can only run twins. And, you can never have enough room for a drive upgrade with trannies (unless you run with the Konrad style where the tranny is in an extension box. But, with the new IMCO and Bravo drives out there, that is not nearly the issue it used to be.

11. Collapse Details

Yes, the cockpit configuration on the Michigan boat is what I like. I appreciate the explanation.