1. Collapse Details
    Onboard Buccaneer Pawn Biloxi
    Charter Member
    Last edited by Ratickle; 05-26-2012 at 11:33 AM. Reason: embed vid
    Some where in Kenya a village is missing an Idiot!

2. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Wow, I think that's where we got squeezed and backed out and Travis told Dave "We're gonna die". But Dave missed the post......

Something went wrong with Pawn and Wil said he was trying to get out of the way I think....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

3. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Yep, at the 56 sec mark. Dang Pirate was close. Travis said he could have touched the pole easily....

Looks like Wil could of on the other side of it....

4. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    I watched this with Wil and he doesnt think that he cut the whole fleet off. LOL The crazy thing is he did it again in the second heat. The exact same thing. LOL Wil says his boat is faster if you dont go in a straight line and let it arc instead. Im going to try that theory when he is to the right of me next time. In the end it didnt change anything for us. Wil had the better set up for the day and in no way could we have kept up with him. Anyway I knew he had a camera facing back and Louie likes being on film. Look close he is waving and smiling.
    A bad day of racing is better than a good of working! Congrats Pirates on kicking his a$$.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

5. Collapse Details

This brings up a very interesting question which I think it would be good to discuss , not argue. When is it ok or legal to move over ? Is the over taking rule in play or is it the overlapping rule?

Hope this can be an educational thread.

Wil

6. Collapse Details

Competitor / Charter Member imco offshore's Avatar
    looked all good to me ,,Jim and I would have taken the exact same line ,,racing is ,,,racing ,,good job ,the boat looked great ,,
    IMCO #10- 2009 National Champions

7. Collapse Details

Georgie,

You remember when we tried to hold lanes thru first turn? I think it was only for a race or two in OSS. I know we did it in 05 in Corpus Christi. I never understood that, I know boats are different than any other form of racing but is this done in any other racing scenario?

Wil

8. Collapse Details

Dude That was BAD A$$!! Had to watch that replay a few times comin by that red day marker... Holy ****!! that was close!! Looked like a really strong run though man, was she breakin down goin into that turn, or did you just have to get out of it that much? I know you were having some guardian issues, wasn't sure if that was it or not.. And I don't know about the 1st turn thing, I was just smilin too much seein you walk by the Dog!! Nice work man!
    Kev

9. Collapse Details

Kev,

Everytime you hear that popping sound in the video, I think it's three times in that first lap is guardian. If you pay close attention in the second set of turns there is 11 seconds that we are down and you will see a puff of black smoke! That's Larry resetting the computer by shutting the ignition off and on.

BTW, I have watched the video of Ocean City about two dozen times and you had your boat running better than even Schleussberg!!

Just have to tell Pat to work on the turns!!!

I have not met you bro but we talked about you guys all weekend with Randy, Chris and the girls.

If you run your boat like that in West Palm Beach you guys will be tough to keep up with!!

Somebody should put up the link to the OC video!!!

Wil

10. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wil Ros View Post
    This brings up a very interesting question which I think it would be good to discuss , not argue. When is it ok or legal to move over ? Is the over taking rule in play or is it the overlapping rule?

Hope this can be an educational thread.

Wil
    I still have my old knee-banger instincts where you can't move over if your roost would hose the guy.

I remeber telling Jim, where do you want to go? There's no room for us in there.... (Pirate was lane 1, we were lane 2, Typhoon was lane 3, Bucanneer was lane 4). And until they popped their pump and had to reset the smart craft over and over, they were gone.......

11. Collapse Details

Wil,
    Thanks for all the kind words Brother!! After watchin the video we definitely took the turns too wide, but after practice when the boat hooked real bad when the steering was off and the spin in Key West, we were way too hesitant goin into the turns.. It didn't help that the guy on the throttles wouldn't back off knowin that we had a hurt drive, otherwise we may have had it..

And as far as passin Randy, don't know that we were that strong because him and Louie gave us the "Outlaw" stare down on the way to the race and we knew we were in trouble! ( see pic below) And after that our crew chief Scott felt the need to pass on some of the TUG IT curse to Randy so he tagged the inside of the TYPHOON hatch with a Tug It sticker, perhaps causing him to be running on 7 instaed of 8 cyl.. After the race Randy said he should have ripped it off and let it land on the windsheild to keep us from seein.. ( don't think that would have mattered bro!) see pic below.. So Randy had a hurt motor and we were just lucky enough to squeeze by sometimes..

After it was all said and done we all got to hang with friends and family for the 2nd race and watch the Mad Dog with his girls reading the TUG IT story book.. What can ya say.. Great friends and great people in racin.. We're hooked!! And as far as you go, we better be matchin up before the finals babe!! I wanna see what the Tug can do against the Buccaneer!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120512-00745.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	189.3 KB 
ID:	73810Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120513-00746.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	73811Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20120513-00748.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	129.6 KB 
ID:	73812

12. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    How are you guys looking for Tawas?

13. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TUG IT!! View Post
    Dude That was BAD A$$!! Had to watch that replay a few times comin by that red day marker... Holy ****!! that was close!! Looked like a really strong run though man, was she breakin down goin into that turn, or did you just have to get out of it that much? I know you were having some guardian issues, wasn't sure if that was it or not.. And I don't know about the 1st turn thing, I was just smilin too much seein you walk by the Dog!! Nice work man!
    Kev
    Thought you may enjoy a couple stills from the vid...

First Pillow.....

14. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    And the dang channel marker piling!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Collapse Details

Nice shots Man!! WOW!! That is the "Pucker Effect" , No?

16. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Ratickle View Post
    How are you guys looking for Tawas?
    Still trying to catch up from all of the mishaps between Biloxi and OC.... Just gotta square up a few things and we're hopeful to be there...

17. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Mishaps, what stinkin mishaps?????

You figure out the drive issue?

18. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Kev,

Everytime you hear that popping sound in the video, I think it's three times in that first lap is guardian. If you pay close attention in the second set of turns there is 11 seconds that we are down and you will see a puff of black smoke! That's Larry resetting the computer by shutting the ignition off and on.

BTW, I have watched the video of Ocean City about two dozen times and you had your boat running better than even Schleussberg!!

Just have to tell Pat to work on the turns!!!

I have not met you bro but we talked about you guys all weekend with Randy, Chris and the girls.

If you run your boat like that in West Palm Beach you guys will be tough to keep up with!!

Somebody should put up the link to the OC video!!!

Wil
    Are you talking about this one????

http://www.seriousoffshore.com/forum...tml#post586042

19. Collapse Details

Paul,

I am on my iPhone , I can't see any video tho.

Wil

20. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Paul,

I am on my iPhone , I can't see any video tho.

Wil