Thread: Testing

1. Collapse Details
    Testing
    Competitor
    Finally IMCO is ready to hit the water and do some testing . Hopefully if all goes well Mike should have some pics to post of his progress....

2. Collapse Details

Charter Member / Competitor
    Did he get one of those 650 HP motors to be competitive if the Fountain shows up? If the boat was running 95 MPH when George had it and it was a stock sealed 525 Merc I would think the new mark should be just north of 100 MPH this year with the extra 75 HP -100 HP in the boats that went to the max with there rebuilds. Sounds like everyone is just about ready to run and I wish you all well.
    MD
    http://youtu.be/u0MEjFpPADY
    Typhoon racing SVL,P5,P4,
    THIS MY OPINION ONLY NOT OTHERS!!!!

3. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by TYPHOON View Post
    Did he get one of those 650 HP motors to be competitive if the Fountain shows up? If the boat was running 95 MPH when George had it and it was a stock sealed 525 Merc I would think the new mark should be just north of 100 MPH this year with the extra 75 HP -100 HP in the boats that went to the max with there rebuilds. Sounds like everyone is just about ready to run and I wish you all well.
    MD
    Randy,

Not 100% sure what the dyno sheet came back at but I think it was really close to 640 HP, been to busy trying to get it all together but we will get more info. when things slow down.

Not much testing today lost a fuel pump....so wont know any number for a few days but I think he might have some pics to post.

4. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Dont know about chasing the Fountain Mike has never raced before and has a long way to go. He has very little to no seat time and some major changes to the boat. The IMCO boat was running those number in a whole different world in OSS. This is a new ball game so slow but sure they will get there, I'm sure Mike will put a great program together, right now his main goal is to have some fun and get his ft wet.

5. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Is Al Culbertson going to be on the sticks with Mike?
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

6. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ya he is in town this weekend, we all worked last night till almost 3am trying to get ready to test today. Things are coming together slowly but coming together. Motor is in, new Paint, the new tail pipes finally done, and ballast tank. I'm sharehe will have our share of bugs to shake out.

7. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    And how the heck are you getting 640HP out of a 525 when the only changes allowed are increasing the compression from 8.7 to 1 up to 9 to 1 and increasing the Cu In from 502 to 509?

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by XtremeRacing View Post
    Ya he is in town this weekend, we all worked last night till almost 3am trying to get ready to test today. Things are coming together slowly but coming together. Motor is in, new Paint, the new tail pipes finally done, and ballast tank. I'm sharehe will have our share of bugs to shake out.

I know what you mean. I still cannot believe that Jim's boat finished both heats in Biloxi when it hadn't even been started until Saturday evening and dropped in the water 3 hours before the race was scheduled to start. Amazing it ran, let alone would have been very competitive with a little bigger prop.....

Be careful guys. Our first couple laps were pretty cautious. Then, well, a little more push as we went.

9. Collapse Details

Competitor
    Ya like I said earlier they didnt get much seat time today, lost a fuel pump after the first pass. Hoping to get that changed out tomorrow and get it running....search out a pump local now.