Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
  1. Collapse Details

Founding Member / Super Moderator Ratickle's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    That would be really cool to know Artie....
    Getting bad advice is unfortunate, taking bad advice is a Serious matter!!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Ginger View Post
    Jalpa 24 , hey guy there are a few things here on this forum that have not yet been addresed like mentioned on www.donzi.net previously ...which are all about something .....as simple as using a fillet in there layup ................... ( Donzi ) which in the past because of a lack of has caused cracks along the base of the stringers which in the end will cause rot ........ to entire stringer systems if not addresed ,and to tell you the truth i can almost bet there will be a few people on this forum offering there opinions concering this issue .
    Im sorry I'm having trouble understanding your post, are you saying thats theres wood in the hull? Isnt a fillet srip wood?

3. Collapse Details

I , have a few X-TRA minutes and will try to explain some things a little better . A fillet is a cove-shaped application of thickend Epoxy or Poly / Vinyl , made from Cabosil that bridges an inside corner , filling all voids or gabs of a joint which also serves as a structural brace ,and all joints that will be covered with fabric should & will need a fillet to support the cloth thus ....... meaning if the joint does not have a fillet to support the fabric at the base of a stringer or joint it will eventually crack allowing water to wick thru the crack causing rot . jalpa , dont get me wrong donzi builds a great boat and in the future i just might be buying one also but to make a long story short and that is........... Donzi at at one point in time was lacking something as simple as a Fillet in there build which eventually resulted in problems down the road .

4. Collapse Details

Blog Entries

5. Collapse Details

Paul ,not trying to be rude but............ after reading everything in your last post from Bert , i noticed that there was no mention of laminating over the fillet other then spraying it with a primer and if i would have followed all those steps mentioned above just to make a fillet while at Skater even using tape i would have been fired . Ha Ha Ha Ha if you know what i mean ....Ha Ha Ha ......Thanks very interesting read .................

6. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    I was just giving him a picture of what the end result would be if done with a filet. I expected you to do all of the explaining of how to do it properly and why, plus the results if not done properly (which is the point you brought up...)

Now get to work...

7. Collapse Details

Oh ok that helps,

8. Collapse Details

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jalpa24 View Post
    Oh ok that helps,

I'm sure Artie will fill in the proper way to build a filet. 2TR is doing some nice ones on his cat changeover to a four-person canopy....